Louisville settlement for Breonna Taylor's family

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
This will be interesting...

The family should really piss off the local gov't. Take that settlement money and buy the surrounding neighborhood like the city was trying to, to avoid gentrification and improve those neighborhoods.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
We need to seriously defund the police civil suit slush fund. This is taxpayer-funded hush money for police misconduct that happens way too often and solves nothing. Money doesn’t bring dead people back to life or restore confidence and respect with the police. Fiscal conservatives should be really pissed off about this as should social justice people if they have any kind of real integrity.

It also marginalizes the almost complete lack of criminal prosecution of police officers. I'm sorry, but you can't fork out millions of dollars and claim no prosecutable misconduct at the same time.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
This will be interesting...

The family should really piss off the local gov't. Take that settlement money and buy the surrounding neighborhood like the city was trying to, to avoid gentrification and improve those neighborhoods.

Per the cited piece, the family's attorney says the settlement includes "sweeping police reforms." Looking forward to hearing the details on that and sure God hope the city's feet get held to the spirit and letter of that aspect of settlement.

ouimetnick

Power User
Reaction score
That 12 million should come from the police union. They have money, if the good cops don’t think it’s fair, then do a better job policing each other and prevent this from happening. If they don’t have 12 million in the union, it should be taken from the pension. Tax payers should not be on the hook for this.

How do the other officers involved still have a job? I know one was fired. But if I made a mistake that costed my employer 12 million (or much less) I would be fired the same day. Why would you keep a 12 million dollar liability on payroll?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
That 12 million should come from the police union. They have money, if the good cops don’t think it’s fair, then do a better job policing each other and prevent this from happening. If they don’t have 12 million in the union, it should be taken from the pension. Tax payers should not be on the hook for this.

How do the other officers involved still have a job? I know one was fired. But if I made a mistake that costed my employer 12 million (or much less) I would be fired the same day. Why would you keep a 12 million dollar liability on payroll?

Funny how Republicans are so anti-union except for police... and the police unions are the worst actors of all unions. Yet another example of the incongruent Republican narrative. They don’t even know what they stand for, which is why they were so easily converted into a cult of personality.

Top Bottom
1 2