MacOS is full of disappointments since Catalina

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Back in my day at school, the copier was this weird assed purple printing type thing (and I swear the ink used had some sort of highly addictive chemical because all us kids used to snort the things more than we’d read the contents).. Between that, the Overhead projector and the transparencies and the VCR wheel in and operated by teachers who barely knew how to turn the TV on, we were at the height of modern technology!
Yea, we used them when I first started teaching. We had fewer Rizographs than we now have copiers, which is insane when you stop to think about it. Making copies is cutthroat.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Printers, lol.

I have four of them, haven’t used any of them for years. Finally getting off my ass to get rid of at least two of them soon now that temperatures are forecast to fall a bit. Carrying crap sucks when it‘s hot outside. Will be nice to reclaim some storage space.

It all started out with a single laser printer back in the days when things commonly needed to be printed. Then I got my mother‘s laser printer when she passed away, her printer was of a newer model so why not? Then I bought a photo printer. And then a friend gifted me a networked color laser printer, also an upgrade… Oink!

I can ID with all that except my stuff is older. Besides my long ignored but possibly still functional HP 3-mode inkjet behemoth, I think I have three totally outmoded printers stashed in assorted spots around the house. Dot matrix clunkers, heavy sons of bees too. Need to get the guy who mows my lawn to pile them into his truck and take them to the free e-cycle day this fall. Of course I have had this bright idea many times in many years but never in late August when one is supposed to reggie the stuff one plans to take over to the e-cycle event. This time I have put not the event itself but the SIGN-UP on my calendar as a weekly recurring event from now until the cutoff in early September. I'm slowly getting better at this decluttering effort after all.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
That's a spirit duplicator. And it indeed had an addictive quality, as the inks were mainly alcohol.

So that why half of us who left school at 16 started drinking early!

I’m still an alcoholic to this day

Me too but I didn't start with spirit duplicator ink... Gee, so there's a drink I never tried. Amazing.

As my first adventure along those lines, I nipped part of an abandoned Manhattan cocktail one Saturday morning after some party my parents had thrown. I was four or five years old.

The maraschino cherry had been left in that glass, which of course is why I went for it. The taste of the booze-mix it had soaked in did shock me though, and made me rethink whether the cherry was really worth it. While I was still debating that point, I remember getting yelled at because my mom happened to wander into the room just then, carrying a tray to clean up the party debris. "Party's over!" is not quite what she said. More like "What are you DOING?". What I was doing was having my first drink. My next one probably wasn't until I was 15 or so, while "supervising" one of many ensuing beer-fests at our house when the parents were away.

My last drink so far was a beer on a hot July 20th in NYC when I was in my mid-30s and had finally decided I needed to try to recover from alcoholism (which seems to run in my family or anyway claimed the life of my dad and one of my brothers). I recently celebrated the 43rd anniversary of the launch of my recovery, which began on that day. Heh, next year I'll regale a few of my "Friends of Bill" pals about how I seem to have managed to lock up the drinks-cabinet of my life without having sampled spirit duplicator brew... 😇

Top Bottom
1 2