MacRumors PRSI forum - allowing right wing trolls to ruin the experience for everyone

Registered users do not see ads, it's free and easy. Register Here

lizkat

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I messaged Pshfud. He said he has a lot of time on his hands and that's why he goes back and forth with some of the trolls lol

I can't play that way any more with trolls hanging around waiting to pounce... I feel like I'm re-enacting the scene during the Manhattan Project where Louis Slotin's experiment with the subcriticality of two hemispheres of beryllium around a plutonium core failed one day. His screwdriver being used as a separating shim had slipped. A fatal burst of hard radiation ensued. He managed to achieve separation again and so to save some other people in the room, but he died nine days later.

It's not all that dramatic in PRSI when you mess with trolls and they get ya, but it can feel like that's what's happening. I get that buzzy barely pre-criticality feeling that I imagine Slotin had a nanosecond to sense... and I bail out of the thread right then, in his memory!

PearsonX

Site Champ
Reaction score
I can't play that way any more with trolls hanging around waiting to pounce... I feel like I'm re-enacting the scene during the Manhattan Project where Louis Slotin's experiment with the subcriticality of two hemispheres of beryllium around a plutonium core failed one day. His screwdriver being used as a separating shim had slipped. A fatal burst of hard radiation ensued. He managed to achieve separation again and so to save some other people in the room, but he died nine days later.

It's not all that dramatic in PRSI when you mess with trolls and they get ya, but it can feel like that's what's happening. I get that buzzy barely pre-criticality feeling that I imagine Slotin had a nanosecond to sense... and I bail out of the thread right then, in his memory!
I still think that it doesn't matter. The minute relevance these trolls had was through the force field generated by their Führer. Some guy wanted to convert me over MR and recommended Thomas Sowell (another wierdo from the University of Chicago). Reading the wiki on this guy had a section of him defending Trump as he considered him the better alternative compared to Obama. He also claimed that there is no evidence that Trump is a racist. That had me think, like: WTF have I felt obliged to fucking collect evidence to prove he's a racist? His duty is to not appear consistently that through avoiding and not embracing policies that disproportionately hurt non-white people. And then I remembered that I don't care anymore because Trump will be gone. This time around it's going to be their turn to prove their points and guess what, I'll be glad to remind them of their own criteria to define irrefutable truth the way I please.

On the other hand, one day I'll create a sci-fi universe based on the premise that the first nuclear fission destroyed Chicago. I walked past that very site so many times thinking about how such a singular event would have changed history as a whole. Thomas Sowell certainly would not have had the same trajectory if things played out like that with that fission at Chicago Pile-1.

Last edited:
Top Bottom