MacRumors MacRumors PRSI forum - allowing right wing trolls to ruin the experience for everyone

Anything about MacRumors

Eric

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
There was a whole cleanup, minus anything from icazmac before it was locked.
Yes, it pays to be a suckup in that forum, we've seen it over and over again. BTW maflynn is really sensitive/insecure about things and will go through a thread with a fine tooth comb dissecting anything he feels is threatening, including any mention of this site.

Pumbaa

Site Champ
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Yes, it pays to be a suckup in that forum, we've seen it over and over again. BTW maflynn is really sensitive/insecure about things and will go through a thread with a fine tooth comb dissecting anything he feels is threatening, including any mention of this site.
Including the mentions of alleged hate speech, doxxing, declarations of war, and general uncivility on this site? Or might those mentions survive the comb?

Eric

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
Including the mentions of alleged hate speech, doxxing, declarations of war, and general uncivility on this site? Or might those mentions survive the comb?
DId he share posts from here? TBH I have him on ignore so unless it was something that was pointed out I didn't even bother to look. He's like a spoiled 13 year old child in a lot of ways, not worth engaging.

Either way, their site, their prerogative and I never thought it would go this long but I knew as soon as Mike saw it he would shut it down and sanitize it. Must have been on vacation or something. As for the other mods I think we need to give them a little credit here, I'm always saying they should let things play out and they did that.

Runs For Fun

Site Champ
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
DId he share posts from here? TBH I have him on ignore so unless it was something that was pointed out I didn't even bother to look. He's like a spoiled 13 year old child in a lot of ways, not worth engaging.
He did not. He failed to provide and links or at the very least quotes.

Edit: I assume we’re talking about icanhazmac?

Eric

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
He did not. He failed to provide and links or at the very least quotes.

Edit: I assume we’re talking about icanhazmac?
Right, I didn't read 99% of what that guy posted.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
I have a feeling this won’t end well:

Edit: by the time I spotted the thread, there have already apparently been posts removed…

Post in thread 'LeBron James Spotted Wearing Unreleased Beats Studio Buds'
https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...eased-beats-studio-buds.2297982/post-29940184

Did several posts to this thread disappear?

tobefirst

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a feeling this won’t end well:

Edit: by the time I spotted the thread, there have already apparently been posts removed…

Post in thread 'LeBron James Spotted Wearing Unreleased Beats Studio Buds'
https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...eased-beats-studio-buds.2297982/post-29940184
Mostly posts about LeBron's basketball ability, a few of which were mine.

Hello, everyone, by the way.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
Hi! Welcome. I know almost nothing about basketball or basketball players.
One of the greatest, if not the greatest player of all time. But for some folks, this is all that matters about him:

1622078446784.jpeg

I believe it was Laura Ingraham who told him to “shut up and dribble”

tobefirst

Site Donor
Reaction score
One of the greatest, if not the greatest player of all time. But for some folks, this is all that matters about him:

1622078446784.jpeg

I believe it was Laura Ingraham who told him to “shut up and dribble”

I replied to someone who said LeBron was a "stain on the game of basketball." I said he was a top-ten-all-time player and got waaaaaay more dislikes than likes in addition to being called a "lebronsexual," whatever that meant. From there it was about a third basketball, a third about how terrible LeBron is as a person, and a third about the product.

AutomaticApple

Site Champ
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
I replied to someone who said LeBron was a "stain on the game of basketball." I said he was a top-ten-all-time player and got waaaaaay more dislikes than likes in addition to being called a "lebronsexual," whatever that meant. From there it was about a third basketball, a third about how terrible LeBron is as a person, and a third about the product.
Are the mods doing anything about it?

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
Are the mods doing anything about it?
A lot of posts have been taken down. Kind of surprised the thread is still there. Not sure if any suspensions happened yet.

There is this guy “brendu” who has a history of being a far-right jerk. His post is still there. Guessing he is on the mods’ “do-not-touch” list:

You are correct. LeBron is one of the best players currently playing and in the top echelon of players all time. There is a reason everyone knows his name. At the same time he is a jackass who uses his name recognition to divide people instead of unite them. He doesn't deserve the attention he is given at all.
All the other posts calling LeBron names were nuked. So yeah, this guy appears to be their golden boy.

Top Bottom