MacRumors MacRumors PRSI forum - allowing right wing trolls to ruin the experience for everyone

Anything about MacRumors

tobefirst

Site Donor
Reaction score
A lot of posts have been taken down. Kind of surprised the thread is still there. Not sure if any suspensions happened yet.
The person who called me a "lebronsexual" hasn't been suspended. No one else did anything worthy of a suspension from what I saw. And even the name calling may not be a suspension depending on surrounding factors.

I was surprised it wasn't immediately put in Political News considering it concerns an African American.

Runs For Fun

Site Champ
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a feeling this won’t end well:

Edit: by the time I spotted the thread, there have already apparently been posts removed…

Post in thread 'LeBron James Spotted Wearing Unreleased Beats Studio Buds'
https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...eased-beats-studio-buds.2297982/post-29940184
I was about to post this. It was already turning into a shitshow shortly after it was posted.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
The person who called me a "lebronsexual" hasn't been suspended. No one else did anything worthy of a suspension from what I saw. And even the name calling may not be a suspension depending on surrounding factors.

I was surprised it wasn't immediately put in Political News considering it concerns an African American.
Yeah that’s their usual MO. So many racists and misogynists and bigots on the board that they usually just dump anything with a woman, black person, or LGBTQ person straight into political news. Apparently only white men are non-political over there.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
I was about to post this. It was already turning into a shitshow shortly after it was posted.
For the handful of people saying that James is a jackass and dividing the world, I am trying to get them to explain themselves. I assume they play the moderators’ game so they will refuse to explain. Of course, then they are breaking the citation rule… Am I a bad person for trying to entrap them?

Stephen.R

Site Champ
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
The real shocker is going to come when @MissNomer figures out that the whole story about Lebron is a fake I created, to stir up controversy, so I can one-up her again on bans and suspensions by pointing out the obvious about the racist turd monkeys in the thread, and no doubt be "disciplined" for it.

Scepticalscribe

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Mostly posts about LeBron's basketball ability, a few of which were mine.

Hello, everyone, by the way.
Welcome, @tobefirst; I daresay that you will recognise many familiar names (and avatars) and do make yourself at home.
Hi! Welcome. I know almost nothing about basketball or basketball players.

I don’t think I’ve ever watched a basketball game in my life? I’d never heard of Kobe Bryant until he died so I must have been living in a cave
Likewise.

Basketball doesn't really register on our cultural or sporting radar in Europe.

However, I do seem to recall reading about a basketball game that occurred at Olympic level a few decades ago when the USA played a country that then went by the name of the USSR.

Pumbaa

Site Champ
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Basketball doesn't really register on our cultural or sporting radar in Europe.

However, I do seem to recall reading about a basketball game that occurred at Olympic level a few decades ago when the USA played a country that then went by the name of the USSR.
Ah, the famous “Miracle on Ice”?
…sorry.

Scepticalscribe

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Ah, the famous “Miracle on Ice”?
…sorry.

Yes.

My interest was political, not sporting.

However, the thread in question - I took a quick look - nasty, profoundly unpleasant yet peculiarly revealing, not least the names behind the "likes" and "love" appended to racist posts.

Pumbaa

Site Champ
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Yes.

My interest was political, not sporting.

However, the thread in question - I took a quick look - nasty, profoundly unpleasant yet peculiarly revealing, not least the names behind the "likes" and "love" appended to racist posts.
Haven’t gotten to the really racist parts yet, but seriously… People commenting “who cares” and the like when they obviously care enough themselves to post?

Oh, hey, look who liked this very civil post! Our biggest fan!
08FA3B57-F623-4D29-9A7D-B5DABB68D5AC.jpeg

Stephen.R

Site Champ
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
Ugh it really grinds my gears that alerts about moderation (either others that have/don't have action taken, or your own) give no indication of which message it actually was.

"Great you moderated something. What was it?"
"I dunno, guess"

Scepticalscribe

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
That was frighteningly eye opening. Particularly when if you use the 'sort by reaction score'.

Agreed.

Yes, that is a handy short-cut I sometimes take which lets me know how - and what - someone thinks without having to attempt a slow, toe-curling, swim through the sewer bed of some of what they post.

Stephen.R

Site Champ
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
A mod has been going through a lot. I had a bunch of posts deleted as "reply to moderated comment". Surprisingly, so far no mention of deleting anything of mine for actual infractions. The (American TZ) day is still young I guess.

Stephen.R

Site Champ
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
Someone has really bulldozed that thread.

A post from hours and hours ago I screenshotted when reporting it (InGen complaining about seeing a black mans face! Oh the humanity!) was #92 at the time. There were pages and pages after it. Now the whole thread is at like, 107 or so posts.

Pumbaa

Site Champ
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Someone has really bulldozed that thread.

A post from hours and hours ago I screenshotted when reporting it (InGen complaining about seeing a black mans face! Oh the humanity!) was #92 at the time. There were pages and pages after it. Now the whole thread is at like, 107 or so posts.
Great, they should do that more often rather than moving it to “Political news”.

Top Bottom