MacRumors MacRumors PRSI forum - allowing right wing trolls to ruin the experience for everyone

Anything about MacRumors

Stephen.R

Site Champ
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
Great, they should do that more often rather than moving it to “Political news”.
I dunno what happened - I reported an early post that seemed to kick off a lot of the "why what did he do" posts (the original one claiming Lebron is devisive) back and forth and it was apparently deemed OK, but now it's gone.

JayMysteri0

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Great, they should do that more often rather than moving it to “Political news”.
If only for the reason that if mods have to "plow" thru a thread, perhaps that should clue them on the audience they are entertaining.

Dumping is the result of NOT wanting to deal with the audience their lax has emboldened & encouraged.

Eric

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
While I don’t know shit about the game, I do know LeBron as a philanthropist.
Yes, but Republicans think that he has everything this great country has to offer and deride him for using that clout to help those less fortunate. I mean we expect people to do great things with their wealth and power, apparently just not to further the causes of poor people, education and racial injustices.

Alli

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don’t think I’ve ever watched a basketball game in my life? I’d never heard of Kobe Bryant until he died so I must have been living in a cave
Probably because basketball is most popular in the US. I used to go to high school games before I got tenured and didn’t feel compelled to attend everything. I just never got into it.
Ah, the famous “Miracle on Ice”?
…sorry.
Ummm…no.

JayMysteri0

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Yes, but Republicans think that he has everything this great country has to offer and deride him for using that clout to help those less fortunate. I mean we expect people to do great things with their wealth and power, apparently just not to further the causes of poor people, education and racial injustices.
I think you've missed the basics of the modern republican party. Rich people are expected to use their wealth & power on behalf of republicans, who in turn will help them stay wealthy. Lebron is breaking that contract. Especially if part of that helping is used to help those who are not likely to vote for republicans, thus risking the power of the modern republican party. Once again, Lebron is breaking that contract.

Lebron is breaking that contract and is a Black Man. Which as Laura Ingraham was willing to say out loud, considered unconscionable. Lebron needs to know his place even if he is wealthy, and just shut & dribble, and entertain. You deviate from that dictated & expected role, and you are breaking a contract that you didn't know you had with some people.

Let's get together and make this whole world believe us, huh
At my arraignment screaming
All us blacks got is sports and entertainment, until we even
Thieving, as long as I'm breathing
Can't knock the way a n**** eating, fuck you even!
- Jay Z. "Can't Knock the Hustle"

Stephen.R

Site Champ
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
If only for the reason that if mods have to "plow" thru a thread, perhaps that should clue them on the audience they are entertaining.

Dumping is the result of NOT wanting to deal with the audience their lax has emboldened & encouraged.
The natives aren't taking well to said plowing. The moderator action this time seems surprisingly appropriate, albeit quite delayed.

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 23.12.04.png

Addendum: bahahha.

Strange that there's no "Last edited by a moderator". does that not show any more?Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 23.17.29.png

Pumbaa

Site Champ
Vaccinated
Reaction score
The natives aren't taking well to said plowing. The moderator action this time seems surprisingly appropriate, albeit quite delayed.

Strange that there's no "Last edited by a moderator". does that not show any more?Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 23.17.29.png
While I love the punishment, editing posts in ways that totally change the meaning is actually really awful and not acceptable. Especially doing it without even admitting to making an edit.

Eric

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score

Mods
tenor.gif

Stephen.R

Site Champ
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
While I love the punishment, editing posts in ways that totally change the meaning is actually really awful and not acceptable. Especially doing it without even admitting to making an edit.
If his original post has just been "the earbuds are fine but <blah blah>" and then made it "I love the earbuds", I'd agree. Just removing the problematic part is probably the best compromise they can make, to try to keep some user input without the problematic stuff.

It is really weird though that it doesn't show as edited by a mod though. Is that a built in option @Eric, to do ninja edits on user's posts?

As an example of that, I got a warning the other day for two "insults" in a pretty sizeable (and admittedly quite heated) comment - and the old stotemanchild just edited these two bits out, and it says as much on the comment: edited by a moderator <timestamp>.
"Are you high?"
and
"Jesus ****ing christ how self-obsessed can you be that you can't even acknowledge "someone else has different a different use case"."

I don't necessarily agree that they're insults, but I really expected the whole post to be just gone when I saw the little message icon.

Alli

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
It is really weird though that it doesn't show as edited by a mod though. Is that a built in option @Eric, to do ninja edits on user's posts?

Alli here. Just playing with the mod tools to see if there’s an option to NOT show a post has been edited. It exists, but it is an extra click, so if they edit without it showing as edited, they are doing it on purpose and with malice.

There’s your answer.

JagRunner

Site Champ
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
I replied to someone who said LeBron was a "stain on the game of basketball." I said he was a top-ten-all-time player and got waaaaaay more dislikes than likes in addition to being called a "lebronsexual," whatever that meant. From there it was about a third basketball, a third about how terrible LeBron is as a person, and a third about the product.

I saw that thread title and knew the racists would be out in full force. It’s always like that when it’s a Black person like Lebron or Oprah. Threads full of hate yet none of them get banned. You get banned for calling out the racists though.

Hrafn

Vaccinated
Reaction score
Is PracticalMac here? They are seriously baiting the bear today. "Republican Party Is a Criminal Organization".

I mean, they aren't wrong, or anything....

Eric

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
Is PracticalMac here? They are seriously baiting the bear today. "Republican Party Is a Criminal Organization".

I mean, they aren't wrong, or anything....
Doesn't sound familiar, feel free to drop invites to whoever you like though, anyone is free to join.

Thomas Veil

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
I don't know. Did he get invited? I saw Eric's post and invited myself.

Mostly posts about LeBron's basketball ability, a few of which were mine.

Hello, everyone, by the way.

Waitaminute…you guys have been here since May? And I haven’t seen you yet??

(turns to everyone else)

What’d I tell you guys about locking that back door?!

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
Gotta love pshufd explaining to @JayMysteri0 how he doesn’t care because he’s honest. Whereas pshufd truly cares. We all know the universal love language is a wall of charts and refusing to let anybody else get the last word.

Did he miss that he‘s simultaneously angry at Fauci for lying while saying that sometimes you need to lie for the greater good? Maybe a chart could somehow explain that dichotomy to him.

JayMysteri0

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Gotta love pshufd explaining to @JayMysteri0 how he doesn’t care because he’s honest. Whereas pshufd truly cares. We all know the universal love language is a wall of charts and refusing to let anybody else get the last word.

Did he miss that he‘s simultaneously angry at Fauci for lying while saying that sometimes you need to lie for the greater good? Maybe a chart could somehow explain that dichotomy to him.
I liked how he's mad @ Fauci, acknowledges he's speaking for the CDC, and understands the context for why Fauci said what he said.

It was all about getting the last word, which I don't mind, to instead go to bed. He was really obsessed with telling me I don't care, forgetting that they once told me they find it difficult to care themselves. I still scratch my head for his concern that I worry about the feelings of the crowd who spent 4 years telling myself & others "f your feelings" & "get over it". Why the fuck should I care now? I got over it.

I do like how the conversation is all settled & done though, if pshufd does get the last word.

How did mr. know all medical stuff & politics NOT know who Redfield was? 🤨

Top Bottom