MAGA Crowd Shows Up To Suppress Early Voting.

Althea

Reaction score
A mob showed up in order to obstruct early voting in Virginia. Following trump's orders to 'show up at polling places', this group did just that.

“They circled the lot for at least 20 minutes revving engines, blaring horns, using bullhorns, and yelling out their windows right next to voters in line,” Graham said, adding that a group of the supporters parked up and approached the entrance of the building, where they gathered and chanted “Four more years.”Videos of the rally were widely shared on social media, showing the crowd chanting and holding campaign signs and flags. The group of supporters grew larger and partially blocked a sidewalk, Graham said, adding that they had to be moved by police and building security

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Seriously, why do Republicans have such a problem with people freely voting. They're a bunch of uptight fascist assholes who love to tout "free speech" but block your access to a voting booth. It sounds like they were cleared out, thankfully.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
These tactics wont work in the end. That’s my prediction. Trump voters are clowns, not to be taken seriously. I understand the potential for violence, and that’s no small matter.

But, regardless of age, they’re punks and cowards. Look them right in the eye before voting for Biden.

Bill

Reaction score
trump has been attempting to suppress the turnout for months & things will get worse, maybe much worse..

He is afraid certain ppl will vote the wrong way-not for him & thus are unworthy of voting..

Remember, if he doesn't win, the contest is rigged~something to look forward to if he FAILS

Althea

Reaction score
They are being incited by POTUS. Unprecedented. I seem to remember many photos of 2 members of the supposed 'New Black Panthers' outside a polling place years ago, making sure people had the ability to vote. Republicans went nuts.

Many of the voters claimed that they were inspired to vote when Ginsburg passed. One of the Dem. groups raised $30 million overnight when she died.

Althea

Reaction score
trump has been attempting to suppress the turnout for months & things will get worse, maybe much worse..

He is afraid certain ppl will vote the wrong way-not for him & thus are unworthy of voting..

Remember, if he doesn't win, the contest is rigged~something to look forward to if he FAILS
Hey Bill.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Hey Bill, welcome! Glad you made it and you're dead on here, the next few weeks will be a scary time.

Althea

Reaction score
How do the cops NOT show up to put a stop to this? I truly don’t understand.

Every day I become more sick and disheartened.
Cops showed up and removed the ones who were less than 40' from the entrance. On that Rightie board I'm on, people are either claiming that it didn't happen, or that they were within their legal right to be there. Because as the article stated, the mob didn't affect voting, there was nothing wrong with their actions.

Of course I had to ask how they will feel when armed black men show up at polling places to protect the voters?

Althea

Reaction score
The ultimate irony will be when they spend so much time trying to stop others from voting that they lose track and forget to vote themselves.
Funny you say that. When I watched the video, I wondered if any of them bothered to vote while they were there?

Bill

Reaction score
Funny you say that. When I watched the video, I wondered if any of them bothered to vote while they were there?

I recall. One skinny lil guy w/ a stick was constantly brought up as a "thug" etc etc etc..... Of course he never did anything, never hit anyone & was miles from them & their polling places.......

Now that it's them doing it, it's ok....... The good folks of values & ethics w/ their situational ethics on full display..

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Another internet meme for crybabies.

C19F0A2C-34A5-44E4-A5FE-8F771108C514.jpeg

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
It's embarrassing that this is coming from the official Virginia GOP twitter.

Well today's GOP is pretty much beyond embarrassment but yeah and in Virginia that tweet probably reads more like sour grapes than anything else. Not the way to regain the upper hand in that state's politics, which have turned ever more blue in recent years.

A WaPo piece (paywalled) noted the extraordinary increase in turnout for the 2020 Dems' primary, and exit polling indicated primary voters were far more interested in dislodging Trump in the general election than on platform particulars of the eventual nominee.​

A few quotes:​

"Virginia, which has undergone a dramatic blue shift since Trump’s win in 2016, responded more eagerly than any other state [in Super Tuesday primaries]. Its turnout represented a 69 percent increase over the 2016 primary, compared to an average jump of 33 percent across nine Super Tuesday states in which the vote count is complete or has been projected by Edison Media Research."​
"Nearly 60 percent of Virginia voters said they would rather nominate a candidate who can beat Trump than someone who agrees with them on major issues, according to exit polling conducted by Edison Media Research. Biden won this group by a more than 3 to 1 margin, 63 percent to 16 percent."​
"Democrats have gained steadily in Virginia since 2016 and now control most of the state’s congressional delegation as well as the governor’s mansion and both chambers of the General Assembly — the first time in a generation the party has consolidated power in Richmond"​

So the GOP has its work cut out this fall. Not sure that idiotic tweet serves the party's aims.

U

User.45

Well today's GOP is pretty much beyond embarrassment but yeah and in Virginia that tweet probably reads more like sour grapes than anything else. Not the way to regain the upper hand in that state's politics, which have turned ever more blue in recent years.

A WaPo piece (paywalled) noted the extraordinary increase in turnout for the 2020 Dems' primary, and exit polling indicated primary voters were far more interested in dislodging Trump in the general election than on platform particulars of the eventual nominee.​

A few quotes:​

"Virginia, which has undergone a dramatic blue shift since Trump’s win in 2016, responded more eagerly than any other state [in Super Tuesday primaries]. Its turnout represented a 69 percent increase over the 2016 primary, compared to an average jump of 33 percent across nine Super Tuesday states in which the vote count is complete or has been projected by Edison Media Research."​
"Nearly 60 percent of Virginia voters said they would rather nominate a candidate who can beat Trump than someone who agrees with them on major issues, according to exit polling conducted by Edison Media Research. Biden won this group by a more than 3 to 1 margin, 63 percent to 16 percent."​
"Democrats have gained steadily in Virginia since 2016 and now control most of the state’s congressional delegation as well as the governor’s mansion and both chambers of the General Assembly — the first time in a generation the party has consolidated power in Richmond"​

So the GOP has its work cut out this fall. Not sure that idiotic tweet serves the party's aims.

The thing is with Virginia is that the presence of the federal government attracted a lot of very educated and serious people to at least the northern part of the state, so I'm not surprised about the blue shift at all. These are the exact people that see through Trump's bullshit and expect seriousness from the leadership. I agree, that Tweet was probably very counter productive when you have to get people on their side, who actually have an attention span that is much longer than a lazy tweet or a news cycle.

Top Bottom
1 2