Major deal breaker with Oculus Quest 2

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just released and I was ready to pull the trigger until I found out it forces you to have a Facebook account or it’s an expensive paperweight. The stones on these assholes. You’re dropping $300 minimum and they still require you allow them to mine, monitor, and sell your personal data.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
What could possibly go wrong?

Facebook says a “small number” of customers have been locked out of their new Oculus Quest 2 headsets, following a string of reports that buyers were unable to use the virtual reality headsets because their Facebook accounts were suspended. On Twitter, it urged users to contact Oculus if they had problems.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
On a kinda related note, I watched "the social dilemma" documentary on Netflix the other day. That got my tin foil hat out of my closet again.

I would recommend.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
What could possibly go wrong?

The irony here is that gamers are some of the biggest OG trolls on the internet. So Facebook is making them choose between being a horrible human being or being a gamer. In 2020 I don’t have confidence in predicting which they would decide is more important to them. Or I don’t know, pick one of the many other gaming options that isn’t run by the thought police.

Top Bottom
1 2