Major update to ios office

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I often use Office on my iPad. Looks like there was just a major update. Revamped the user interface, and added a lot more features. I can make graphs in excel now. Whee!

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I often use Office on my iPad. Looks like there was just a major update. Revamped the user interface, and added a lot more features. I can make graphs in excel now. Whee!
Thanks for the notice. The previous version had so many bugs it was basically unusable.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for the notice. The previous version had so many bugs it was basically unusable.

I use it when I need to do quick reviews and edits of other people’s documents in word (and now they seem to have made the change tracking/display stuff a lot more robust) and i do a lot of stuff in excel (but create spreadsheets on my mac because up until now, while you could display and edit stuff in excel, a lot of stuff you couldn’t add in the first place). Excel is still missing a lot of important things, looks like. But maybe they‘ll get there - after all, there are now ipad pros that have hardware as powerful as macs.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I hate Office for iOS.
I used to use Excel at work, to do certain things – I never shouted “Stop Helping Me!” more anywhere than at that goddamn paperclip, but it was a shared machine, so I was not at liberty to murder the little shit.

And, of course, being Excel, most of the idiots that made use of my elaborate spreadsheets that calculated product run quantities automagically always found creative ways to break them. I yearned for a handy tool like HyperCard that would have allowed me to make things happen with fewer problems.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
I used to use Excel at work, to do certain things – I never shouted “Stop Helping Me!” more anywhere than at that goddamn paperclip, but it was a shared machine, so I was not at liberty to murder the little shit.

And, of course, being Excel, most of the idiots that made use of my elaborate spreadsheets that calculated product run quantities automagically always found creative ways to break them. I yearned for a handy tool like HyperCard that would have allowed me to make things happen with fewer problems.

I use Windows for work and Mac for personal stuff at home. I'd probably pull my hair out if I had to use a Mac for work.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Yeah, it's at least visually a nice update (I haven't gotten into the nuts and bolts yet).

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I use Windows for work and Mac for personal stuff at home. I'd probably pull my hair out if I had to use a Mac for work.

Windows fills me with sadness, so I have it relegated to just a VM :D

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
All of my personal machines are Mac but I use Windows for work, I largely work with Microsoft Office 365 and Azure for a living so there's no getting away from it but it's easy enough to use both.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score

I've been using Mac since 2007. I like it, but there are just some things that windows does better when it comes to my work.

Mac is great for personal use if you're all in the Apple ecosystem. I like that all my text messages are there, pictures, calendar, yadda yadda.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
All of my personal machines are Mac but I use Windows for work, I largely work with Microsoft Office 365 and Azure for a living so there's no getting away from it but it's easy enough to use both.

Oh yeah, I still have some specific professional use for Windows, but even in that capacity I split my development between native MacOS tools and Windows (I use tools on MacOS to debug services running on Windows which is terrific, I try to go "Mac native" as often as possible). I 've got a bit of history with *NIX, so a Mac terminal window is a safe space :ROFLMAO:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I'm getting so into Linux these days, I'm actually considering buying a pair of suspenders.

It's an oldie, but a goodie, and apologies about the complete thread derailment :D

Now there's lih-nux or lie-nux
I don't know how you say it
Or how you install it, or use it, or play it
Or where you download it, or what programs run
But lih-nux, or lie-nux, don't look like much fun

However you say it, it's getting great press
Though how it survives is anyone's guess
If you ask me, it's a great big mess
For elitist, nerdy shmucks

"It's free!" they say, if you can get it to run
The Geeks say, "Hey, that's half the fun!"
Yeah, but I got a girlfriend, and things to get done
The Linux OS SUCKS
(I'm sorry to say it, but it does.)

Joelist

Power User
Reaction score
Office for iOS has its limitations but it is still the best productivity solution on iOS, similar to how Office for Mac is the best MacOS productivity solution. And now that Office for Mac is AS native it is extremely fast to boot.

Top Bottom
1 2