Major update to ios office

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
I use it when I need to do quick reviews and edits of other people’s documents in word (and now they seem to have made the change tracking/display stuff a lot more robust) and i do a lot of stuff in excel (but create spreadsheets on my mac because up until now, while you could display and edit stuff in excel, a lot of stuff you couldn’t add in the first place). Excel is still missing a lot of important things, looks like. But maybe they‘ll get there - after all, there are now ipad pros that have hardware as powerful as macs.

For missing things, I’d really recommend sending feedback. It does help prioritize the backlog for the team. Certain things like VBA are difficult because of App Store guidelines though.

Thanks for the notice. The previous version had so many bugs it was basically unusable.

Curious if you are talking about the unified app or the separate WXP apps?

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
For missing things, I’d really recommend sending feedback. It does help prioritize the backlog for the team. Certain things like VBA are difficult because of App Store guidelines though.

Curious if you are talking about the unified app or the separate WXP apps?

Pretty sure Apple would let Microsoft have VBA. They already allow other apps that execute scripts. (Scriptable being a prime example).

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure Apple would let Microsoft have VBA. They already allow other apps that execute scripts. (Scriptable being a prime example).
The rules are that 3rd party code your app runs needs to use JavaScriptCore, which Scriptable does.

One thing I learned working with Apple as part of a large organization is that Apple really doesn't like creating carve outs of the rules. Especially if you are a larger dev. It's like they see it as a point of pride that the small developer plays by the same rules as large ones.

Top Bottom
1 2