Man fires shots and fatally shoots himself at US Capitol.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
No known motives yet. He drove past a barricade, his vehicle became engulfed in flames, he fired a few rounds in the air and then fatally shot himself as police approached. Too early for speculation, and since congress is in recess, the reports note he did not appear to be targeting members.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
1660495411802.gif

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
No known motives yet. He drove past a barricade, his vehicle became engulfed in flames, he fired a few rounds in the air and then fatally shot himself as police approached. Too early for speculation, and since congress is in recess, the reports note he did not appear to be targeting members.

Ya think someone who might be motivated to target members might be the sort of person who might not realize there are no members there?

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
Ya think someone who might be motivated to target members might be the sort of person who might not realize there are no members there?

Exactly. It would take a lot of convincing for me to believe that someone who would do this started out sane. This is not the work of a rational person with a smidge of intelligence. That's what I'm going with till I hear different.

And while I'm just wildly speculating, I'll go a step further and guess this wasn't someone random yahoo upset that the dry-cleaners wouldn't take his 8-man tent. If it's not related to the events of this week, I'd be very surprised.

Top Bottom
1 2