Manchin’s dirty empire

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
His claim about eliminating fossil fuels making climate change worse is not dubious. It’s ludicrous. It’s a flat-out lie.

The only reason I can imagine that he labels himself a Democrat is to get the union voters in WV.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Apologies for being too lazy to post sources here....

But I read there are already more renewable energy jobs in the US than there are fossil fuel jobs. I understand if we killed fossil fuel jobs these people would still be out of a job, but the renewable energy industry is far from a niche boutique industry that couldn't employ these same people at some point.

These coal jobs are actually a tiny percentage of his state's employers, but the way we hear it they make it sound like most of the state would be unemployed if these jobs were killed. The state would probably lose more jobs if they closed all their Walmarts,

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Normally this would go under TFG, but since this is so specific...

TFG Joe Manchin

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1433643978226765825/

Dems need to wake the 'F' up, realize the guy is 'D' in name only, instead he's a prima donna who needs to be f'n catered to, or he needs another 'D' initiative to sink so he gets his ass kissed again. Stop counting on this guy, and start depending on him to be another 'r' impediment. Joe is for the 'Joe' party, learn it already dems. Counting on Manchin, is like counting on Susan Collins to tell the truth intentionally. Both are stupid ideas.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Normally this would go under TFG, but since this is so specific...

TFG Joe Manchin

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1433643978226765825/

Dems need to wake the 'F' up, realize the guy is 'D' in name only, instead he's a prima donna who needs to be f'n catered to, or he needs another 'D' initiative to sink so he gets his ass kissed again. Stop counting on this guy, and start depending on him to be another 'r' impediment. Joe is for the 'Joe' party, learn it already dems. Counting on Manchin, is like counting on Susan Collins to tell the truth intentionally. Both are stupid ideas.
They need more Democratic Senators. It won’t be easy with so many states being very rural and population becoming more concentrated in a few large cities. If it was 55-45, Manchin would be a complete afterthought. The dude totally has Ted Cruz disease. It’s 100% about him all the time and he loves it.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

Hence why Republicans don't like RINO's.

If you look at all politicians as shitbags, things become much clearer.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hence why Republicans don't like RINO's.

If you look at all politicians as shitbags, things become much clearer.

I don't know if this changed over time, but it seems RINO is only used on Republican politicians who don't agree with and support Trump 100% and it has very little to do with traditional Republican values. Or is that just the way my side of the media is portraying it?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I don't know if this changed over time, but it seems RINO is only used on Republican politicians who don't agree with and support Trump 100% and it has very little to do with traditional Republican values. Or is that just the way my side of the media is portraying it?
Did the idea of RINO exist before 2015? If so, who were some of those that earned the label?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

No, RINO's predate Trump. They may have risen to prominence under him, but they have been around before. They are the successor to the "me too" Republicans from the 30's and 40's.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
No, RINO's predate Trump. They may have risen to prominence under him, but they have been around before. They are the successor to the "me too" Republicans from the 30's and 40's.

These days, RINOs are mostly Republicans that won't bend the knee for Trump. Hence why all the previous GOP luminaries such as Mitt Romney, John McCain, and Liz Cheney are now considered leftists.

You can't even call them a conservative party these days. They're now the party of Trump, right leaning traditional family value warriors extraordinaire.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Got it. I think Trump made it all about him. Is there anybody being called a RINO now and it's in no relationship to Trump?

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Got it. I think Trump made it all about him. Is there anybody being called a RINO now and it's in no relationship to Trump?

Given that your average Trump fanatic can't even list what's considered conservative policy these days, I'd say it has more to do with loyalty to the man than any ideological stance beyond that.

That they're running around saying "it's not about free trade, it's about fair trade" should be warning #1 for any old fashioned conservative that they're no longer a part of the same party.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Did the idea of RINO exist before 2015? If so, who were some of those that earned the label?
It definitely did. Up until McCain made the mistake of choosing Palin as his running mate, I was strongly considering voting for him. A friend told me he was a RINO and shouldn’t be running on the R ticket at all. 🙄

Top Bottom
1 2