Many in Congress and the military don’t want to get Covid vaccine

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score

“Roughly 75% of all members in this House have had a vaccination for COVID-19,” Minority Whip Steve Scalise said on the floor last week. “There’s a strong desire to get back to a regular floor schedule.”

“It would be a lot simpler,” Majority Leader Steny Hoyer returned, “if every member had been vaccinated.”
The refusal of some lawmakers to take the vaccines—Madison Cawthorn, for one, has said he won’t take his shot because the COVID “survival rate is too high for me to want it”—has led to the continued slowdown of work on Capitol Hill. Such delays, Axios reported, have been exploited by the likes of Marjorie Taylor Greene, who has sought to further gum up the works.

Typical GOP, complaining about the lack of normalcy while refusing to do the necessary work to restore that normalcy.

This topic could easily go into the TF Guy thread, except that it has wider implications.

But the more significant impact of the vaccine hesitancy in Congress could be its trickle-down effects on the American public, about 80% of which will likely need to be vaccinated to end the coronavirus epidemic in the country. “Vaccines are our only way out of this,” Dr. Paul Offit, a member of the Food and Drug Administration’s vaccine advisory committee, toldNBC News on Sunday. “If we don’t have 80-plus percent of the population vaccinated before next winter, this virus is going to come back raging.”

U

User.45

Typical GOP, complaining about the lack of normalcy while refusing to do the necessary work to restore that normalcy.

This topic could easily go into the TF Guy thread, except that it has wider implications.
It would be nice to see that list.
Also, Cawthorn's reasoning is especially ironic from a guy who was saved by a seat-belt.... I seriously can't wrap my head around all these "pro-lifers" being so "generous" in their risk assessments. A 1-2% annual mortality risk is unnecessarily high when you can push it down by 1-2orders of magnitude with a procedure that involves a risk >4 orders of magnitude lower than the actual disease. That's a >1000x higher benefit than risk (probably it's way higher). It's really disturbing that people who do not understand these concepts are in charge of policy making where similar math (should) take(s) place all the time.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
They're also saying that 47% of Trump supporters are refusing to get it. So not only do you have to worry about them as radicalized Nazis, they'll also spread this virus without a second thought.

We need to look out for ourselves as best as possible, these people will (hopefully) eventually benefit from the rest of us doing the right thing.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
They're also saying that 47% of Trump supporters are refusing to get it. So not only do you have to worry about them as radicalized Nazis, they'll also spread this virus without a second thought.

We need to look out for ourselves as best as possible, these people will (hopefully) eventually benefit from the rest of us doing the right thing.
You mean the Trumpers who refuse vaccination will hopefully benefit? If so, you’re being generous. They’ll learn nothing from this, IMO. I wish them ill. That’s my unfortunate truth.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
You mean the Trumpers who refuse vaccination will hopefully benefit? If so, you’re being generous. They’ll learn nothing from this, IMO. I wish them ill. That’s my unfortunate truth.
Yes, or what I really mean by that is we don't want them burdening our healthcare system. When you look at the battles they've had in hospitals it's saddening, especially so when they're filled absolute toolbags who refused to take basic preventative measures. It's not fair to them and IMO every last one of these doctors and nurses should be getting a free long vacation at the tax payers expense when all of this is behind us.

U

User.45

Yes, or what I really mean by that is we don't want them burdening our healthcare system. When you look at the battles they've had in hospitals it's saddening, especially so when they're filled absolute toolbags who refused to take basic preventative measures. It's not fair to them and IMO every last one of these doctors and nurses should be getting a free long vacation at the tax payers expense when all of this is behind us.
I'd give my extra vacation away to those providing COVID care. My prize is that I'm not redeployed to a COVID unit...:)

On the other hand, herd immunity usually works when the distribution of unvaccinated is random... If there are communities where the unvaccinated are densely represented (pun intended), an epidemic can wreak havoc within that community.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
You mean the Trumpers who refuse vaccination... I wish them ill. That’s my unfortunate truth.
If I were a better person I would wish otherwise for them. But one of the benefits of getting older is realizing your limitations.

And I’m just not that good.

I don’t wish for anyone to die, but if they reap what they sow then I’m sorry, a part of me is gonna revel in the schadenfreude.

leekohler2

Power User
Reaction score

Good. I hope both of them get it.

leekohler2

Power User
Reaction score
If I were a better person I would wish otherwise for them. But one of the benefits of getting older is realizing your limitations.

And I’m just not that good.

I don’t wish for anyone to die, but if they reap what they sow then I’m sorry, a part of me is gonna revel in the schadenfreude.
I used to be able to say I don't wish death anyone. BUT, I now reserve that sentiment for people who are not evil. Greene and Cawthorn are the epitome of stupidity, ignorance, greed and evil.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
If Trump supporters wanna get sick and die because they don't get the vaccine then let 'em. I've stopped caring about them as people because they don't see us as people. If they could get away with it they'd have every Hillary and Biden supporter exterminated. That's how hateful Trump supporters are. You can't play nice with these people. Yeah, I know the vaccine isn't 100% but it's supposed to keep you from really getting sick and dying. If they want to take that risk let 'em. Those of us that believe in science will take the vaccine.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
If Trump supporters wanna get sick and die because they don't get the vaccine then let 'em. I've stopped caring about them as people because they don't see us as people. If they could get away with it they'd have every Hillary and Biden supporter exterminated. That's how hateful Trump supporters are. You can't play nice with these people. Yeah, I know the vaccine isn't 100% but it's supposed to keep you from really getting sick and dying. If they want to take that risk let 'em. Those of us that believe in science will take the vaccine.
My only issue with that is the burden they place on those around them and the healthcare system. You've never seen a more selfish group of people than Trump supporters.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
If they don’t get the Covid vaccine, they should not be allowed to get the flu vaccine, shingles vaccine, pneumonia vaccine, or any of the other vaccines available today. All or nothing. They should not be allowed to make it political.

U

User.45

I think he's just doing it for the show. Thanks to Trump, I've not met a person in the past 4 years who didn't know what the Dunning-Kruger effect is. His oregano trick works tho. If you're surviving your COVID being able to do bullshit like that for 10 days, you'll definitely likely to recover by that 10th day which incidentally is also the duration by most recover from the disease...:)

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think he's just doing it for the show. Thanks to Trump, I've not met a person in the past 4 years who didn't know what the Dunning-Kruger effect is. His oregano trick works tho. If you're surviving your COVID being able to do bullshit like that for 10 days, you'll definitely likely to recover by that 10th day which incidentally is also the duration by most recover from the disease...:)
man thats genius of the guy :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom
1 2