Marjorie Taylor Green: What in the ever loving fuck is wrong with her?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
you need a dishwasher that chews that up. the newer ones wont work as well if you rinse off the dishes because they monitor the gunk in the water to tell how clean it is,
They also rely on pieces of leftovers in the water to knock remaining pieces of leftovers off the dishes.

I don't know if you guys are being serious.

Regardless, when I scrub the dishes before I load the dishwasher they come out baby skin smooth and sanitized from the heat. When he does his unrinsed loads there's always some amount of food stuck to the dishes and silverware.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
I don't know if you guys are being serious.

Regardless, when I scrub the dishes before I load the dishwasher they come out baby skin smooth and sanitized from the heat. When he does his unrinsed loads there's always some amount of food stuck to the dishes and silverware.
Not sure if it‘s on topic or not, although organic waste is organic waste I guess.

So: Serious. It is supposed to work like that.

Buuuuut… The makers of dishwashers seem, like our fiend Marjorie Taylor Green, to live in an alternate reality. Best I can tell, they assume that the dishwasher is run while the dishes are still “fresh” with soft food all over them rather than letting the dishes harden until the dishwasher is full. I’m not living in that world so I rinse despite having worked with dishwashers.

Oh, and hopefully you are using detergent and not relying solely on the heat to sanitize your dishes. Your friend should consider getting better detergent, a better dishwasher, and/or stop being so nasty.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Not sure if it‘s on topic or not, although organic waste is organic waste I guess.

So: Serious. It is supposed to work like that.

Buuuuut… The makers of dishwashers seem, like our fiend Marjorie Taylor Green, to live in an alternate reality. Best I can tell, they assume that the dishwasher is run while the dishes are still “fresh” with soft food all over them rather than letting the dishes harden until the dishwasher is full. I’m not living in that world so I rinse despite having worked with dishwashers.

Oh, and hopefully you are using detergent and not relying solely on the heat to sanitize your dishes. Your friend should consider getting better detergent, a better dishwasher, and/or stop being so nasty.

We do use detergent. We definitely aren’t throwing them in the dishwasher and turning it on right when we are done cooking or eating. Usually they are sitting in the sink or dishwasher a day or 2 before it gets turned on. I at least try to first rinse and scrub them beforehand. He does not. They’ll just sit there with the same leftover caked food as when he was done cooking or eating, not even a quick rinse. There’s been times I’ve pulled dishes he’s loaded in the washer out before washing them in the washer and had to use both a brush and brillo pad with some serious elbow grease to remove the food he left drying on there. You telling me just the dishwasher should have more force than that physical effort?

To add to the motivation everything should first be cleaned off thoroughly, I feed my lizard wet dog food and sometimes cook a mix made of water and a powder made up of crushed insects. Raise your hand if you would be fine with the remnants of that remaining after being run through the dishwasher?

Also we are renting so we don't exactly have an option to upgrade the dishwasher.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
We do use detergent. We definitely aren’t throwing them in the dishwasher and turning it on right when we are done cooking or eating. Usually they are sitting in the sink or dishwasher a day or 2 before it gets turned on. I at least try to first rinse and scrub them beforehand. He does not. They’ll just sit there with the same leftover caked food as when he was done cooking or eating, not even a quick rinse. There’s been times I’ve pulled dishes he’s loaded in the washer out before washing them in the washer and had to use both a brush and brillo pad with some serious elbow grease to remove the food he left drying on there. You telling me just the dishwasher should have more force than that physical effort?

To add to the motivation everything should first be cleaned off thoroughly, I feed my lizard wet dog food and sometimes cook a mix made of water and a powder made up of crushed insects. Raise your hand if you would be fine with the remnants of that remaining after being run through the dishwasher?

Also we are renting so we don't exactly have an option to upgrade the dishwasher.
ya ours has a rinse hold function just for that.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
We do use detergent.
Great! Keep doing that!

We definitely aren’t throwing them in the dishwasher and turning it on right when we are done cooking or eating. Usually they are sitting in the sink or dishwasher a day or 2 before it gets turned on.
In other words, you’re not living in the imaginary world the dishwasher makers expect so their recommendations in this case are about as relevant as Marjorie Taylor Green‘s opinions.

I at least try to first rinse and scrub them beforehand. He does not. They’ll just sit there with the same leftover caked food as when he was done cooking or eating, not even a quick rinse. There’s been times I’ve pulled dishes he’s loaded in the washer out before washing them in the washer and had to use both a brush and brillo pad with some serious elbow grease to remove the food he left drying on there. You telling me just the dishwasher should have more force than that physical effort?
I’m telling you that dried hardened food simply does not seem to exist in said imaginary world.

Soaking the dishes in water for a while typically reduces the amount of elbow grease required to remove the dried food from the dishes before returning them to the dishwasher.

Heck, even with normal food I don’t want it sitting there on the dishes, drying, hardening, attracting insects until it’s time to turn the dishwasher on.

Option 3 it is then, upgrade your friend. 😉

If you need more advice, feel free to start a new thread or conversation.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
You have to tune the power just so. Basically, you use a slightly lower power level in a lower-middling IR band so that you do the outside in – microwave bands are right out. With precise beam formation and shot timing, her ashes will fall cleanly in a little circle, but you have to add an extra burst at the end to leave sort of a little tail in the circle.

Sounds like the myth of the scorpion stinging itself to death to avoid dying in a circle of fire...

Yeah i just rewatched Jewel in the Crown, and that's not a spoiler, just a theme. Excellent acting in that all around btw.

Im pretty sure not going off topic is an insta-ban offence here.

I should hope so or I'd be long gone by now for sure.

D

Deleted member 199

I prefer to think of the initial topic as a point of departure rather than a constraint.
I like to think of it as a challenge.

You see there's a great and wonderou...
squirrel.gif

Anyway where was I ?

what is she officially calling 1/6?
Based on her demonstrated intelligence so far, I'd guess she probably calls 1/6 a quarter.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
On a related note, I ran across a WaPo opinion piece that observes how the idiot from Silt, Colorado is struggling to gain relevance as Traitor Wharrgarbl and other R crazies are sucking the oxycontingen out of the room.

I have a feeling that Boebert's Colorado electorate (like some other Congressional constituents in the northern midwest of the USA) are mostly into support for the 2A. A lot of her voters may just be into local militia or rod-and-gun clubs, and not so much into the esoteric QAnon stuff etc. Boebert should probably remember that and not get carried away by proximity to and competition with the other wackos in the House for media attention. For every vote she picks up by emulating that crowd, she may lose one in her own district, which is all the turf she's ever going to own...

Top Bottom
1 2