Valkyrie- Tessa Thompson
Sif- Jamie Alexander
Kraglin- Sean Gunn

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow. Just wow. That image/poster screams ”parody” to me. Loudly.

That said, I’m strangely confident that I will find the movie to be both entertaining and a worthy addition to the MCU. Looking forward to watching it!
I never read the Thor or Mighty Thor comics with Jane Foster gaining the power of Thor, however since it’s part of comic lore, I’m good with it and I’m actually wondering what happens with Thor, if he continues as Fat Thor (Avengers). ;)

My favorite Marvel movie franchises are Thor, Guardians of the Universe, early X-Men and early Spider-Man.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
I never read the Thor or Mighty Thor comics with Jane Foster gaining the power of Thor, however since it’s part of comic lore, I’m good with it and I’m actually wondering what happens with Thor, if he continues as Fat Thor (Avengers). ;)

My favorite Marvel movie franchises are Thor, Guardians of the Universe, early X-Men and early Spider-Man.
I fear Fat Thor is lost to us, but we’ll have to wait and see I guess.

As for Marvel comics, I mostly grew up with our uncanny X-Men, some amazing Spider-Man, and a few incredible issues of Hulk, so the MCU was kind of a breath of fresh air. The Avengers were vaguely familiar (yay crossovers!), but the Guardians of the Galaxy were a complete mystery to me until I saw the movies. And now I have a baby Groot plant pot. :D

Really looking forward to all upcoming releases and franchises. It will also be interesting to see what they chose to do with the supposedly reclaimed Fox IP.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score

The original series where you actually don't know for sure she became the new Thor was really good. Then they revealed it was her, and the circumstances & it just put it in orbit.

The series ran for a bit, had great art & story, which ran to a conclusion.

https://screenrant.com/jane-foster-best-thor-death/
Jane Foster's death in Marvel Comics has always seemed to be inevitable. Writer Jason Aaron's run has revealed that Jane is dying of cancer and worse still, every time she picks up Mjolnir and transforms into Thor, the effect of Jane's chemotherapy is reversed. The cancer is killing her, and Jane's frail human body cannot survive another transformation. Unfortunately, all this is set against the backdrop of the War of the Realms, and Jane has just picked up Mjolnir one last time in order to fight to save Asgard from Mangog.

This has certainly proved to be a tremendous plot, filled with power and emotion. Jane has been Thor for three years now, and the tragedy of her story is building to a head. But, as effective as this story may be, it's also a flawed one. The fundamental problem is that Jane Foster is Marvel's best Thor, and there's no way the Odinson can take her place again.

It's not unusual for Mjolnir to be wielded by someone other than Thor Odinson. The enchanted hammer may not have survived long enough to be held by anyone other than Thor in the movies, but many other characters have picked it up in the comics. In fact, even Captain America's been able to heft Mjolnir on occasion. But only two of these Thors have really made a mark. The first is Beta Ray Bill, and the second is Jane Foster.

Where Beta Ray Bill is a powerful alien, Jane is remarkable precisely because of her humanity. She's an ordinary human being, one who has lived in the realm of gods, and yet now walks among them. Jane has been challenged every step of the way; the gods haven't taken kindly to the female Thor, and she's even wound up dueling Odin himself. Most remarkable of all, Jane's very humanity has allowed her to tap into Mjolnir in a way even the Odinson never has. She alone learned the secret of the God Storm that lies deep within Mjolnir, granting the hammer its incredible power. In Jane's hands, Mjolnir is no mere weapon; it is an ally in its own right.

Of course, the reality is that Jane's very humanity is what makes her worthy. She is worthy precisely because she knows the world needs a Thor, and is willing to pay the price to be one. Jane is well aware that her mortal body is dying. When she picked up Mjolnir that last time, she knew that it would cost her everything. This is what makes her a true hero; she knows the price, and she willingly pays it.

Only in my opinion to shit on it, when Thor had to come back and she became the new ( the Tessa Thompson Valkyrie only recently got added to the the comics proper ) Valkyrie.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Marvel still has a Black Widow film in the chamber. I’m thinking it’s probably good, which is why it hasn’t been released on Disney+ during the pandemic. Marvel wants their $1B in box office.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
The original series where you actually don't know for sure she became the new Thor was really good. Then they revealed it was her, and the circumstances & it just put it in orbit.

The series ran for a bit, had great art & story, which ran to a conclusion.

https://screenrant.com/jane-foster-best-thor-death/
Jane Foster's death in Marvel Comics has always seemed to be inevitable. Writer Jason Aaron's run has revealed that Jane is dying of cancer and worse still, every time she picks up Mjolnir and transforms into Thor, the effect of Jane's chemotherapy is reversed. The cancer is killing her, and Jane's frail human body cannot survive another transformation. Unfortunately, all this is set against the backdrop of the War of the Realms, and Jane has just picked up Mjolnir one last time in order to fight to save Asgard from Mangog.

This has certainly proved to be a tremendous plot, filled with power and emotion. Jane has been Thor for three years now, and the tragedy of her story is building to a head. But, as effective as this story may be, it's also a flawed one. The fundamental problem is that Jane Foster is Marvel's best Thor, and there's no way the Odinson can take her place again.

It's not unusual for Mjolnir to be wielded by someone other than Thor Odinson. The enchanted hammer may not have survived long enough to be held by anyone other than Thor in the movies, but many other characters have picked it up in the comics. In fact, even Captain America's been able to heft Mjolnir on occasion. But only two of these Thors have really made a mark. The first is Beta Ray Bill, and the second is Jane Foster.

Where Beta Ray Bill is a powerful alien, Jane is remarkable precisely because of her humanity. She's an ordinary human being, one who has lived in the realm of gods, and yet now walks among them. Jane has been challenged every step of the way; the gods haven't taken kindly to the female Thor, and she's even wound up dueling Odin himself. Most remarkable of all, Jane's very humanity has allowed her to tap into Mjolnir in a way even the Odinson never has. She alone learned the secret of the God Storm that lies deep within Mjolnir, granting the hammer its incredible power. In Jane's hands, Mjolnir is no mere weapon; it is an ally in its own right.

Of course, the reality is that Jane's very humanity is what makes her worthy. She is worthy precisely because she knows the world needs a Thor, and is willing to pay the price to be one. Jane is well aware that her mortal body is dying. When she picked up Mjolnir that last time, she knew that it would cost her everything. This is what makes her a true hero; she knows the price, and she willingly pays it.

Only in my opinion to shit on it, when Thor had to come back and she became the new ( the Tessa Thompson Valkyrie only recently got added to the the comics proper ) Valkyrie.
I’ll keep that spoiler in mind for review after I’ve seen the movie. Overall, I’ve been pleased with the MCU.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
But are you watching WandaVision?
I’m obviously not @Huntn but I’ll chime in anyways. 😁
Love it! The style is spot on. Can’t wait to see everything unravel!

I’m not so familiar with Wanda from an Avengers perspective, I mostly associate that Wanda with a fancy illustration (or maybe it was a comic book cover) from
Avengers Disassembled
and the quote
No more mutants
. Feels like WandaVision finally puts those in a context for me even if they won’t necessarily be transplanted into the MCU.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m obviously not @Huntn but I’ll chime in anyways. 😁
Love it! The style is spot on. Can’t wait to see everything unravel!

I’m not so familiar with Wanda from an Avengers perspective, I mostly associate that Wanda with a fancy illustration (or maybe it was a comic book cover) from
Avengers Disassembled
and the quote
No more mutants
. Feels like WandaVision finally puts those in a context for me even if they won’t necessarily be transplanted into the MCU.
It’s pretty great, I agree. Watching YouTube vids covering each episode is helpful. There are so many Easter eggs to catch. This show is like Lost with how many questions need answering.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I’ll keep that spoiler in mind for review after I’ve seen the movie. Overall, I’ve been pleased with the MCU.
I think you should keep that review in mind to possibly check out that work.

If you aren't interested in purchasing the books, remember that some libraries have very impressive comic book / graphic novel collections so you can check it out for free.

I'm not sure seeing how much they have to do in that one film, they could cover that major aspect of Jane Foster's life. They've already got the "Asgardians of the Galaxy" to cover, Valkyrie looking for her queen in Asgard, if true Sif & Beta Ray Bill ( which could be another movie in of itself ), and oh yeah... Thor. That's a lot to cover.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Captain Marvel is one of my favorite newer Marvel characters to make into the MCU. The original movie story is superb and although she seems overpowered, she is powered by an Infinity Stone. I know some of you don’t like her or her performance, que sera. Gotta love the Flerken! :)

I don’t know anything about Ms. Marvel, but will be watching on Disney+.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Captain Marvel is one of my favorite newer Marvel characters to make into the MCU. The original movie story is superb and although she seems overpowered, she is powered by an Infinity Stone. I know some of you don’t like her or her performance, que sera. Gotta love the Flerken! :)

Oh yeah! The Flerken! Love! <3

That said, I enjoyed the first movie overall as well, and not just because of the Flerken. Looking forward to more and to see where they take the story. Maybe Carol will really go Rogue, who knows?

Ms. Marvel is completely new to me, but given the productions so far I will be watching the show and most likely will be liking it.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score

Oh yeah! The Flerken! Love! <3

That said, I enjoyed the first movie overall as well, and not just because of the Flerken. Looking forward to more and to see where they take the story. Maybe Carol will really go Rogue, who knows?

Ms. Marvel is completely new to me, but given the productions so far I will be watching the show and most likely will be liking it.
Ms. Marvel occupies a weird space in comics.

She was created during the Irv Perlmutter insisted drive that devalued the X-Men ( because Fox had the rights to their movies ) and the Inhumans were pushed ( badly & forcefully ) down the throats of the Marvel comic book fanbase. A push that was soundly rejected and gave us that bad mini series. Ms. Marvel's powers come from that Terrigen Mist that factors heavily into that story. She was also created by a Muslim writer during Marvel comics push for diversity.

A diversity that didn't sit well with a certain majority of the comic book shop crowd.

They weren't interested in the book and Marvel's tendency to start a series to end it, to restart it with a new number #1 didn't help.

Fortunately though it wasn't the White male comic book shop fan that was needed. Instead it was various persons buying Ms. Marvel in graphic novel form in book stores that made the book a very big hit. Eventually that success translated into some comic book fans picking up the book, and the occasional speculator. Kamala Khan hasn't had a 'Into the Spider Verse Movie' ( Don't get me started on how annoyed I get with how they cobbled from Miles to make the Tom Holland Spider - Man ) to increase her visibility despite having the same acceptance issues Miles did with SOME fans. Which would explain why many outside of comics aren't all that aware of Ms. Marvel.

If want to see a quick reason why she is liked so much, of all things a game is a great way to see. Squenix made an Avengers game & got greedy trying to make it a season pass needed looter shooter, instead of it's intended single player / co op experience. The game is boring as F, to me at least. The designs bland, the gameplay repetitive. The highlight? How much the game makers embraced Kamala Khan's spirit as a Marvel fan girl, given the chance to be a super heroine herself. Ms. Marvel is the game to me, and to many critics & other players. The game really got her right and I think shows how much fun she can be in her series.

The video unfortunately skips over her family life which is an important part of her character. It's also it's own universe based on the comics.

Yes, Kamala Khan's logo on her shirt is a throwback to Carol's old Ms Marvel costume logo. Another great touch.

Also what she means representation wise, can never be under stated.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
April 2021: Movie theaters seem to be open. Here is the latest list of upcoming Marvel movies if this is accurate:

• Black Widow Movie (May 7, 2021)
  • Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (July 7, 2021)
  • The Eternals (November 5, 2021)
  • Spider-Man 3 (December 17, 2021)
  • Loki (2021)
  • Hawkeye (2021)
  • The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (2021)- Series on Disney+ now.
  • Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (March 25, 2022)
  • Thor – Love and Thunder (February 11, 2022)
  • Black Panther 2 (July 8, 2022)
  • She Hulk (2022)
  • Deadpool 3 (2022)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 (2023)
  • Captain Marvel 2 (July 8, 2022)
  • Fantastic Four (2023)
  • Ant-Man 3 (2023)
  • Blade (2023)
  • Logan Spinoff (TBD)
  • MS Marvel (TBD)
  • Moon Night (TBD)
  • Nick Fury (TBD)
  • Gambit (TBD)

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
spoilers
Where is Gamora? Guardians of the Galaxy:
After re-watching Avengers:End Game.

During A:EG we see Gamora told by Nebula about her future including a future with both her sister and The Guardians which she had not yet experienced. And we see her come around offering to help Nebula and making a derogatory comment about Peter Quill. So where is she after the dust settles in End Game?

This article says when the movie disk was released (which I don’t own) it includes a deleted scene from the movie of Gamora walking away after the fight the one who never got a chance to develop a relationship with Peter Quill. And it speculates that this will be part of the plot in the next Chapter, Quill looking for her.

This fan video of deleted scenes shows 2 seconds of Gamora walking away:

Last edited:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
spoilers
Guardians of the Galaxy:
After re-watching Avengers:End Game, where is Gamora?

During A:EG we see Gamora told by Nebula about her future including a future with both her sister and The Guardians which she had not yet experienced. And we see her come around offering to help Nebula and making a derogatory comment about Peter Quill. So where is she after the dust settles in End Game?

This article says when the movie disk was released (which I don’t own) it includes a deleted scene from the movie of Gamora walking away after the fight the one who never got a chance to develop a relationship with Peter Quill. And it speculates that this will be part of the plot in the next Chapter, Quill looking for her.
Yeah, they basically reset the relationship.

So Gamora went off on her own, and at the end of the movie with the "AsGuardians of the Galaxy" Quill is searching for her. Since we have no idea how she left, since Thanos' fleet was seemingly dusted, who knows how she got off planet if she did.

Top Bottom
1 2