Marvel Cinematic Universe

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
For @Huntn , if you have trouble with Marvel's time travel, how about...?

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1463187858638868481/
Lol. :D My position is that Thanos chose to use snapping his fingers as the mechanism he chose to execute his desire and control of over all of the stones. However it has been shown on more than one occasion that most powerful items in the universe required no gauntlet to function, but in the MCU, and intermediate device must shield the user. According to this article the stones function differently in the comics, they were less powerful in the comics, and harder to use:

In the MCU:
The Collector explains that the stones can only be brandished by beings of extraordinary strength, telling the story of a group who were able to share the power of one stone momentarily before being destroyed by its power.

In the Comic:
characters like Black Widow and even Kingpin underling Turk Barretthold and use their stones with no ill effects.

New stones in the comics:
These stones worked by new rules, with each powered by the mastery of a primordial force characterized by another stone. For example, mastery of the Power Stone depended on the user's personal mastery of the mind, while the Mind Stone was powered by the user's mastery of the soul. This meant that, individually, the stones were only as powerful as their wielder's specific skillset, though together they still formed a positive feedback loop that would grant the user infinite power.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ll be very disappointed if Dave Bautista does not return in Guardians of the Galaxy 3.

9CA4DF9C-90F0-4EE9-885F-F344E6E52F08.jpeg

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I’ll be very disappointed if Dave Bautista does not return in Guardians of the Galaxy 3.

I would take that article with an enormous grain of salt.

There's been a number of click bait articles on actors being replaced. Some like this, others like discussing the actors who played popular characters in 'What if' as replacements for current actors.

Unitl Marvel announces something, I'd take most what you read as speculation for views.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I would take that article with an enormous grain of salt.

There's been a number of click bait articles on actors being replaced. Some like this, others like discussing the actors who played popular characters in 'What if' as replacements for current actors.

Unitl Marvel announces something, I'd take most what you read as speculation for views.
It says “Marvel announced”. :unsure: I also like Brie Larson…:cry:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
It says “Marvel announced”. :unsure: I also like Brie Larson…:cry:
You mean like this article says in Sept of this year?

Their title says announced, but their own pic uses a question mark.

It's clickbait. I've never seen a formal announcement about anything Guardians related past the third movie. Like we've done in the political sections, if you can find another article confirming, I'd still take that with boulder sized grains of salt.

The definition of "kayfabe"
  1. (in professional wrestling) the fact or convention of presenting staged performances as genuine or authentic.
    "a masterful job of blending kayfabe and reality"

If you're a wrestling fan, that word tells you all you need to know. Especially if you can't find another source to back that one up.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

It's clickbait. I've never seen a formal announcement about anything Guardians related past the third movie. Like we've done in the political sections, if you can find another article confirming, I'd still take that with boulder sized grains of salt.

If you're a wrestling fan, that word tells you all you need to know. Especially if you can't find another source to back that one up.
Those manipulative bastards! :unsure:

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score

Dave Bautista is confirmed for GOTG 3, and Thor: Love and Thunder.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Shang-Chi and the Legend of Ten Rings (2021)- Good story, outstanding martial arts in the Multi-verse. (y)(y)(y)

Direct tie-in to Dr Strange and The Multiverse of Madness (2022 est)

2E1726DC-3DC6-4C81-A497-2A8772A1CEBF.jpeg

8406A7E3-C3F9-43D7-9FA2-7C18E6498F9D.jpeg

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
623461D3-7526-4399-87C2-39FEE9E0391A.jpeg

I feel like Marvel is slipping, maybe I’m suffering some kind of Marvel God overload. Moon Knight, it seems to have all of the elements that would normally draw me in, especially the first episode, but no. I’ve turned it off half way though the 3rd episode. I don’t care. This looks like Egyptian Gods?

There is nothing that has been turned into a Disney/Marvel series that I cherish and the last Spider-Man sucked. I guess I’ll lower my expectations for the new movies of franchises I am vested in, and hope for a surprise. 🤔

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

I feel like Marvel is slipping, maybe I’m suffering some kind of Marvel God overload. Moon Knight, it seems to have all of the elements that would normally draw me in, especially the first episode, but no. I’ve turned it off half way though the 3rd episode. I don’t care. This looks like Egyptian Gods?

There is nothing that has been turned into a Disney/Marvel series that I cherish and the last Spider-Man sucked. I guess I’ll lower my expectations for the new movies of franchises I am vested in, and hope for a surprise. 🤔

My wife and I love it. Jewish superhero with multiple personalities and a goldfish. What’s not to like?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
My wife and I love it. Jewish superhero with multiple personalities and a goldfish. What’s not to like?
We watched the latest episode last night, and I practically knocked my poor husband out of bed yelling that Marvel had finally given us a Jewish super hero. I guess since they’d taken care of every other minority group in Eternals, it was time.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Unnecessary geek bits:

TECHNICALLY, Moon Knight is the first announced MCU Jewish Superhero.

In some canon Bucky Barnes / Winter Soldier is considered to be Jewish. Also when Magneto is added to the MCU ( Perhaps by default in the new Doctor Strange movie if the Illuminati really is in it ) Wanda / Scarlet Witch & Pietro / Quicksilver the children of Magneto are Jewish by birth. If the Illuminati does match the comic version then Reed Richard will exist, which means Ben Grimm / The Thing exists who is based on his Jewish creator Jack Kirby.

If you take any of that canon in consideration Marc Spector / Moon Knight would be the first announced Jewish super hero, but not the first to appear.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
WARNING!!!

Avoid Twitter today if you don't want some supposed MASSIVE spoilers for the new Dr. Strange movie.

If you click on #CaptainMarvel trending today, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score

I’m pretty much with you on Moon Knight. I think they’re doing great with what they have but the source material is dreadfully boring to me. I’ll see it through but expectations are low.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I’m pretty much with you on Moon Knight. I think they’re doing great with what they have but the source material is dreadfully boring to me. I’ll see it through but expectations are low.
Actually the source material great, it's just that there is too much to draw from. The character MK has been retconned more times than the 'r' version of 1/6. What started as a Batman riff who fights a werewolf ( which by the way a Werewolf by Night Halloween special is supposedly coming this year. I LOVE the foul mouthed Elsa Bloodstone character. ), turned into a study about multiple personalities, to stories about the place of Egyptian Gods in a Marvel universe where Greek & Norse dominate, to who knows what else. It's a lot to try and stuff in a mini series.

One of my all time favorite runs in Marvel Comics is where the Suit / Suit comes from, and is great. Just short stories that emphasize the weirdness of the Marc Spector / Moon Knight world where he has Batman like super gadgets & deals with Khonshu. Unfortunately as things are in our time, the writer has become a bit problematic because of past actions, but the stories I thought rocked. Great if you don't want to get caught up with back history and just want to read a fun series.

51Rv1A5DveL._PJcu-sticker-light-v2,TopRight,0,-50._SY300_.jpg

Digression time to show off my Funkos

I was a little annoyed that they made the Suit / Suit a bit of joke, as it is my favorite version, followed by the original version.

52042716559_ea3fa50495.jpg

Unnecessary note: The Suit version of Moon Knight is literally the most expensive ( A whooping $50 ) I've ever spent on a Funko. The "value" of course has since tripled in some places. To give an idea though, this is what the more exclusive version of my Suit Version was going for, before the show was announced.

52041423042_8bae409d28.jpg

So, choices were made & directions were chosen ( that Goddess is nowhere in the books ), but the actual source material was sometimes very good.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
If you take any of that canon in consideration Marc Spector / Moon Knight would be the first announced Jewish super hero, but not the first to appear.
According to my comic book nerd friend, Bruce Banner is also Jewish in the comics but never in the movies. But that’s normal, right?

Top Bottom
1 2