Matt Gaetz Sought Preemptive Pardon In Sex Traffic Probe: Report

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
did someone just admit they are guilty? no wonder republicans want trump back in os they can be pardoned for all their law breaking.

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) told a former White House aide that he sought a preemptive presidential pardon in a sex trafficking investigation, according to testimony before members of the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, U.S. Capitol attack, The Washington Post reported Saturday.
A probe launched in the waning days of the Trump administration is reportedly still seeking to determine if Gaetz broke federal law by allegedly recruiting women online for paid sex, including a teenager. He has denied any wrongdoing and has not been charged with a crime.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
That investigation is taking way too long for me.
Isn't his father loaded, influential or a combination of both? I thought I heard that he got a DUI charge dropped because of this father. Florida politics... :(

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
That investigation is taking way too long for me.
I'm hoping that after the midterms he'll be indicted. His "wingman" had his sentencing postponed till December. Let's see after his sentencing if indictments results from his cooperation in the investigation.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping that after the midterms he'll be indicted. His "wingman" had his sentencing postponed till December. Let's see after his sentencing if indictments results from his cooperation in the investigation.
Still hoping that some of the sealed stuff is related to Gaetz. I think at this point it's less than a 50/50 chance he'll face justice.

“If the government is so concerned with general deterrence, then why hasn’t it prosecuted the other individuals, including public figures, who were also involved in Greenberg’s offenses?” [Greenberg's lawyer Fritz] Scheller said. “Indeed, Greenberg’s plea agreement refers to the involvement of multiple co-conspirators, including individuals involved in his sex offense.” He added that Mr. Greenberg’s account had been corroborated “by other witnesses and records.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Judge Gregory A. Presnell: “He has provided substantial cooperation to the government — more than I’ve seen in 22 years,”

Feeling optimistic.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
He honestly has always given me a creepy vibe… and that’s saying something considering I’ve only seen him on TV.

That said, I’m not going to assume guilt, that’s for the court to decide, but it doesn’t seem so surprising.

There is also that whole twist of a guy trying to extort his father for millions for a pardon for this very matter.

I have to say I’m a little skeptical about an “unnamed White House aid” claiming he saught a preemptive pardon. I’m not sure there has ever been a case, at least publicly (which ultimately seems hard to avoid here), of a President pardoning someone, especially a politician, for sex crimes, particularly child sex crimes. I don’t know how anyone could have have the audacity to ask for a pardon for such a heinous crime.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Still, this shitbag wins. There aren’t any decent conservatives in an entire district or enough sane people to vote for such a candidate? That is a very high concentration of insane people for a character like that to win, and there’s nothing “conservative” about that douchebag.

Is he in a district where everyone is like him, so the old conservatives just vote for him because he reminds them of their grandkids? That is the only way to explain it… he talks loud, says nothing and accomplishes nothing.

Top Bottom
1 2