Matthew McConaughey is considering Texas governor run

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
matthew-mcconaughey-allright-allright-dazed-and-cofused-gif.gif

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I know nothing of his politics, so I did a quick look-up regarding him and Trump.

McConaughey argued that being "aggressively centric" is a solution to political polarization, calling meeting in the middle a "dare." He criticized the attitude of the "far left" as a reason why the opposing political parties can't see eye-to-eye.

"There are a lot (of people) on that illiberal left that absolutely condescend, patronize, and are arrogant towards that other 50 percent," the Oscar-winning actor said.
He added that Hollywood's reaction to Trump's win in 2016 was an example of that attitude.

"Many people, I’m sure you saw it, in our industry, when Trump was voted in four years ago, they were in denial that it was real. Some of them were in absolute denial," McConaughey said.
McConaughey said the right is behaving similarly in the wake of Trump's loss. It's up to interpretation whether the actor was acquitting conservatives of their refusal to accept Joe Biden as president-elect, as the article suggests, or suggesting they recognize his win, as he believes the left should have accepted Trump's win four years ago.

"It looks like Biden’s our guy," McConaughey said. "Now you’ve got the right that’s in denial, because their side has fake news. And I understand, they’ve been fed fake news. No one knows what the hell to believe, right? So they’re putting down their last bastion of defense."

That doesn't sound like somebody who's necessarily defending Trump's brand of fascism. If anything, it makes him sound like one of those "both parties are the same" guys. I'm acknowledging there could be more to his politics that I don't know.

Either way the fact remains that Major Biden would be a better governor than Gregg Abbott.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I know nothing of his politics, so I did a quick look-up regarding him and Trump.

That doesn't sound like somebody who's necessarily defending Trump's brand of fascism. If anything, it makes him sound like one of those "both parties are the same" guys. I'm acknowledging there could be more to his politics that I don't know.

Either way the fact remains that Major Biden would be a better governor than Gregg Abbott.
Sounds a bit like some PRSI posters. They are self-proclaimed centrists... who quickly show their true right-wing colors. I never cared much for his acting, and I’m a bit tired of famous people assuming they are fit for office just because they’re famous. 2017-2020 was more than enough of that baloney for me.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
So is he going to run Texas from his recently purchased 7.8 million Hawaii home?

1615500592550.png

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yep, defended Trump and his crazy ass supporters. I like his movies but would never support anyone like that for office.

What? Never heard about that. Not saying it didn't happen, but I thought he was too busy making shirtless movies and Buick commercials.

On a related note, last week I had to blast through 7 "use um or lose um" credits on audible before cancelling my account. I used one of my credits for McConaughey's recent well rated autobiography. Haven't listened yet.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sounds a bit like some PRSI posters. They are self-proclaimed centrists... who quickly show their true right-wing colors. I never cared much for his acting, and I’m a bit tired of famous people assuming they are fit for office just because they’re famous. 2017-2020 was more than enough of that baloney for me.

I still don't think he would be anywhere near Trump level insane and as far as celebrity unfortunately we have to think on behalf of some people what celebrities we could stomach in office. Trump's celebrity was a big part of getting him in office.

Jesse Ventura is an odd one for me, seems to be extremely progressive left but also had a show dedicated to conspiracy theories, although I think it was more about informing you of their existence than 100% buying into them. He's definitely on the "there should be no billionaires!" train.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
So is he going to run Texas from his recently purchased 7.8 million Hawaii home?

View attachment 3964

Don't know if he can run the state from there but it definitely qualifies him to be on their state energy board. In fact there's some recent out of state openings. Maybe he should start there.

Top Bottom
1 2