MBP w/notch -mouse pointer hides behind notch

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
So according to Apple, if you move the mouse pointer into the notch, rather than butt up against it, it goes ”behind” the notch. Trying to imagine how that will feel in everyday use. I guess it makes the most sense, as if you’re up at the top of the screen you are probably going for menu items most of the time and you will be moving horizontally along the bar?

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
That does it! I’m cancelling my non-existing order! This would never have happened if Steve Jobs had been revived!

On a more serious note, that’s probably the least interruptive way to handle the notch in day-to-day use. Some of the other options I mentioned elsewhere could have looked great, but would‘ve been really inconvenient to use.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Oh yeah, now in thinking about the UX, this makes more sense. I don't want my pointer movement to be stopped or the path changed, I want to continue in the same direction, like moving from a Menu Bar app/service over to the application menu bar items.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Oh yeah, now in thinking about the UX, this makes more sense. I don't want my pointer movement to be stopped or the path changed, I want to continue in the same direction, like moving from a Menu Bar app/service over to the application menu bar items.

Yep, since when you are at that part of the screen you are likely moving the mouse pointer in a mainly-horizontal direction.

I guess we’ll have to see how it feels in actual use.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Oh my gosh @Cmaier is here!!!! Hahaha :D Wooo hooo!

Ahh yes, but he has not undergone the final ordeal: The Paddling Of The Swollen Ass! With paddles.

92387c26-6730-4a6d-a64f-7a05a1b175d6_screenshot.jpg

"Have you ever noticed that the Crossing the desert is a lot like the unblinking eye? And it's a lot like the wreck of the hesperus!"

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ve been pretty amused at your comments about me over at the other place. Nice to see you!
I'm getting so fed up with them suspending most of the great people I follow. :( I don't understand the logic of it.

I may not be smart enough to understand everything being said, but I sure enjoy reading those threads you've created.

Top Bottom
1 2