Michael Moore floats conspiracy theory that Trump may be faking Covid diagnosis

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Michael Moore is someone we need to distance ourselves from. His time is past and he's no different from the conspiracy theory loons on the right anymore. I haven't been watching Maddow but heard she's saying the same, can anyone confirm?

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
First thing I came up with is Maddow being corrected by a guest on her show, a physician.

The interview started 18 minutes into the show. In that intro, the host had downplayed the risks of Trump dying from coronavirus. As she usually does, Maddow began her interview by asking her guest if there was anything in her intro that needed clarification.

“Correct me if anything I laid out there is wrong or I am putting wrong emphasis in terms of people understanding the severity of what we are up against here,” Maddow said.

“I would say two things,” Dr. Emanuel replied.

“First of all, to have the most powerful man in the world, the leader of the free world, our president, with somewhere between a 5% and 11% [or] 12% of dying, I don’t think that’s so trivial — that’s pretty substantial risk of dying in the next few weeks,” he explained.

“And that, I think, is a national security threat. It is something to take every, very seriously,” Dr. Emanuel advised.

lizkat

Reaction score
Michael Moore is someone we need to distance ourselves from. His time is past and he's no different from the conspiracy theory loons on the right anymore. I haven't been watching Maddow but heard she's saying the same, can anyone confirm?

For all we know Ms. Kayleigh McEnany buys that too. Public Pool reports that the WH released at 9:44 pm a report on official WH stationery talking about how the Trump administration has focused on Buy American, Make it in America, yada yada yada.

Nothing, as one reply tweet noted, about "the thing... you know, the stay at the hospital thing?"

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1312206776473776128/

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I guess I don't see what Trump gains from it, his best hope is more debates, not going for the sympathy vote. Additionally, the way he's acting is way out of the norm for him, no tweets, the limited public appearance on the way to Walter Reed all points to this thing be genuine.

lizkat

Reaction score
I guess I don't see what Trump gains from it, his best hope is more debates, not going for the sympathy vote. Additionally, the way he's acting is way out of the norm for him, no tweets, the limited public appearance on the way to Walter Reed all points to this thing be genuine.
Yeah, and the reason McEnany doesn't have anything to say is they're all in shock. All the gaming and dissing and mockery of Dems doing lockdowns and masking etc. suddenly echos in the Grand Silence of the boss being hauled off and given antibodies they got by applying for emergency "compassionate use" from Regeneron. Wow.

lizkat

Reaction score
Now the AP reports Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien tested positive for covid-19.

And there's concern a Thursday fundraiser might end up as a superspreader even though Trump seemed ok. About a hundred high dollar donors attended.

The larger portion of the fundraiser at the Trump National Golf Club Bedminster, for which tickets cost $2,800, took place outdoors, according to two attendees who spoke to POLITICO on Friday. Both said many in the crowd wore masks — contrary to since-deleted messages on social media — and kept a safe distance from each other.

Last edited:

JBaby

Power User
Reaction score
I think we're just seeing the tip of the iceberg here, they've also started Trump on Remdesivir, it may be getting worse right? I thought they only use that in severe cases.

It might be time to be concerned.

lizkat

Reaction score
I think we're just seeing the tip of the iceberg here, they've also started Trump on Remdesivir, it may be getting worse right? I thought they only use that in severe cases.

The FDA limited its authorization of the drug to adults and children with suspected or laboratory-confirmed Covid-19 and severe disease, which includes low blood oxygen levels, the need for oxygen therapy or the need for a ventilator or other intensive breathing support.
Possible side effects of remdesivir include increased levels of liver enzymes -- which may be a sign of inflammation or damage to cells in the liver -- and infusion-related reactions like low blood pressure, nausea, vomiting, sweating and shivering, the FDA said.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
The same Republicans who once made fun of Biden for not holding any rallies or attend any personal events, instead "hiding in his basement" are now understanding exactly why Biden didn't do any of these things.

Irony is a cruel bitch mistress, it seems.

lizkat

Reaction score
The same Republicans who once made fun of Biden for not holding any rallies or attend any personal events, instead "hiding in his basement" are now understanding exactly why Biden didn't do any of these things.

Irony is a cruel bitch mistress, it seems.

I'm not sure they'd cop to understanding it that way. Some Trump supporters now seem just to be saying that "anybody can get it" -- as if it's random, like a scratch-off lottery ticket win-- and so not related to whether any precautionary or deterrent protocols are observed.

Duh, so why should I wear a mask if anybody can get covid.

"I assume no responsibility" was Trump's mantra, and I guess they get that part all right.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
A poll bump would be the gain, not that I’m sold on the idea, but Trump is capable of any lie. https://globalnews.ca/news/7374092/donald-trump-coronavirus-us-election/

As the hours tick by, the theory seems less likely.

What do you mean by “more debates”? How does his diagnosis translate to that?

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score

Agreed.

However, while Michael Moore's day may have passed, what seems striking to me is that this would never even have begun to gain traction - for it was something I also had thought, briefly, until Mr Trump was hospitalised - if Mr Trump had not already enjoyed a reputation for mendacity, for being a pathological liar, one was so cavalier with facts, and whose acquaintance with the truth, was, at best, fleeting, that - quite frankly - you couldn't trust a single syllable, let alone a word, or a statement, coming from that man's mouth as a credible source for anything.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
First thing I came up with is Maddow being corrected by a guest on her show, a physician.
I love Zeke Emanuel.
It might be time to be concerned.
Nope. I will not be concerned about individual 1.
Now they're saying there may not be enough GOP Senators to hold a vote for the SCOTUS.
That would be the best thing that could come out of this, and I will hold onto this as a prayer.

Meanwhile, Michael Moore was not the first to consider this as a hoax. The pity is he has lied so much that people are willing to believe that Trump’s illness could be nothing but a hoax.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ve been thinking a lot about the ethics of my feelings regarding Trump having COVID. I almost created a thread about it. This article and the comments speak to it.

Top Bottom
1 2