Militia: The Term Has Been Hijacked by Para-Military Vigilantly Groups

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
... And in most cases they are illegal.

Yesterday NPR had a very interesting discussion about militias and Second Amendment. As far as the Founding Fathers and Constitution is concerned, the term “militia“ only applies to officially organized groups of soldiers that are subordinate to the State such as the National Guard. They are not private organized, independent, para-military vigilante groups with their own agenda “protecting their values” independent of the State.

Listen to the report here:
Are Citizen Militias Legal?
The gist of this report is that:
  • The 2A gives the right to own a gun and protect yourself and your property but that is all.
  • All States, Wisconsin included have laws prohibiting organized para-military activity.
  • State Law does not allow citizens to band into unaccountable, unregulated, para-military vigilante groups assuming the role of a private police force.
  • They threaten public safety and violate the Constitution, have no business at a protest.
  • And real militias such as the State/National Guard are not independent, they can only be activated by State authority. They don’t self activate.
  • Private Security the equivalent of a private police force to protect a business is different because it is highly regulated.
  • Claim they are not ideological, just patriots, but often they are Right wing, and/or white Supremacists Who act independently of authority.
IMO, real treat is 2A mania, gun worship, and Right Wing politicians who are likely to ignore laws on the books to support their Precious.

How to Neutralize a Militia

25CB227A-F871-47F9-A1E7-D9E894BFA967.jpeg

Though they vary across the states, the anti–private army laws target the same basic phenomenon: forming armed groups not answerable to civil authorities, providing paramilitary training for use in civil disorders, and falsely assuming police or military roles. The constitutional provisions and statutes can form the basis for injunctions prohibiting members associating together while armed or setting up training camps, restrictions on public events like rallies, and even criminal prosecutions.

Vigilante? Militia? Confusion And Politics Shape How Shooting Suspect Is Labeled

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Written when a musket was the most powerful weapon in the world. If any amendment needs to be updated it's this one, who in their right minds would ever have concluded that military style assault weapons in the hands of civilians would've been the right thing to do?

Seriously, besides those who "like to shoot them for fun" when are they ever used in a practical way other than shooting up schools and malls?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Same here, I do still like hanging out in their photography forums though.

I’ll third that, except the photography section part. Congrats on this successful active forum. Usually these things don’t go so well, especially if it’s an invite to repeatedly banned people from other places. Usually they just infest the place with their banned behavior.

But I know you are being picky with the invites and also MRs low and sometimes hypocritical tolerance bar helps so we’re not just getting the crazies. I have yet to return to a forum that did a heavy bad behavior purge that resulted in anything other than a husk of its former glory and a place people no longer want to visit.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I’ll third that, except the photography section part. Congrats on this successful active forum. Usually these things don’t go so well, especially if it’s an invite to repeatedly banned people from other places. Usually they just infest the place with their banned behavior.

But I know you are being picky with the invites and also MRs low and sometimes hypocritical tolerance bar helps so we’re not just getting the crazies. I have yet to return to a forum that did a heavy bad behavior purge that resulted in anything other than a husk of its former glory and a place people no longer want to visit.
Well, all are welcome to join. As for the invites that's really up to the users, I would never tell people who that can and can't ask. As far as I'm concerned everyone starts with a clean slate here.

Top Bottom
1 2