Millions will be dangerously shocked when Biden gets sworn in

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score

Article suggests Trump may actually think he’s won and the election was truly stolen because of misinformation being fed to him. Hell, I’d believe that he thinks that but I sure don’t care.

That's actually more reason he doesn't belong there, ignoring the fact that the guy has surrounded himself with less competent versions of Bond villains.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Article suggests Trump may actually think he’s won and the election was truly stolen because of misinformation being fed to him. Hell, I’d believe that he thinks that but I sure don’t care.

Its a micro bubble within the bubble where the mental illness is highly concentrated. They should seriously be institutionalized and removed from the public’s eyes and ears. Their cognitive decay is going to do longer lasting damage than COVID.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

I'm ready for CNN to sober up and move on to reporting news of the incoming administration that we can use. Talk about spreading misinformation, gee what is wrong with them? I'm with you: "I sure don't care" what Trump thinks about the election he lost.

What I believe is that the Secret Service (which will continue to protect him as he transitions to status of a former US President) has enough wit and wherewithal to help relocate him to a place he's permitted to be after noon on January 20, 2021.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
Just read this guy now has covid-19. He really is the complete package and sounds like a promising 2024 Republican presidential candidate.

The guy should be in jail for attempted murder if he intentionally rammed the guy's vehicle. This isn't something a private investigator can even legally do. Even if he had a real reason to suspect the guy for any reason, it doesn't justify the use of force there. Also, how did he become a police captain in the first place? I can't imagine that's a particularly low rank in any department, as that would be confusing.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
There are still lots of people out there who believe insane conspiracy theories. Is there a way to stop the spread of this propaganda? Who would have thought that the Internet, something that allows information to flow freely around the globe, would end up convincing people of all these lies instead?

Walled gardens, echo chambers... these are the problem. People don’t read critically; they see something in their Facebook feed and assume it’s true. And since it’s also on Fox “News” they have these false beliefs reinforced.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
There are still lots of people out there who believe insane conspiracy theories. Is there a way to stop the spread of this propaganda? Who would have thought that the Internet, something that allows information to flow freely around the globe, would end up convincing people of all these lies instead?

Walled gardens, echo chambers... these are the problem. People don’t read critically; they see something in their Facebook feed and assume it’s true. And since it’s also on Fox “News” they have these false beliefs reinforced.

To be generous I’m going to say this started before Trump with politicians from both sides failing the majority of people and lying about the reasons. Then “outsider” Trump came in and his followers thought an outsider was incapable of lying to them, despite being a conman his entire career. In government he’s the big truth speaker to them.

I’ve probably mentioned this before, but there was an article stating people on the right are more susceptible to believing lies and conspiracy theories because they also tend to be religious and that requires a lot of faith in the intangible and unproven. If you can believe in Jesus you can believe in unsubstantiated massive voter fraud and Democrat run pedophile rings. They live in double negatives where they expect you to prove that something that doesn’t exist definitively doesn’t exist. To them the lack of proof of nonexistence is even more proof that it does exist.

lizkat

Reaction score

The first 2020 mug I got was one for Warren, despite the fact I wondered if she could win..... so that one I drank my own bitter tears out of for awhile after she bowed out.... until I remembered I just wanted a Democrat to win the general election.

Not to knock Biden. I do think he had the best chance in the end to not alienate potential crossover voters from the Rs but also to draw the Dems' traditional base out to the polls, including some blue collar workers who may have gone for Trump in 2016.

But to get back to the absurdity of how Trump voters behaved during his term, I expect 1) Dems won't run a parallel in their adulation of Biden and 2) Trump fans will keep it up as if Trump never left office.... at least for awhile. I'd like to think a few indictments would sober them up and send them back to whatever their original reality was, but I doubt it.

lizkat

Reaction score
These photos are genuinely frightening. This cult is huge and it is crazy.

They look pretty much like a normal protest to me... although the one with a lot of people in it not wearing masks seems pretty dumb considering very few ordinary people are vaccinated against covid so far.s

I admit though that my last protest appearances in a DC protest were during the peak of the protests against the Vietnam War, so my idea of a big crowd at a protest march is somewhat of an outlier.

lizkat

Reaction score
Interesting tweet from a Washington Post photojournalist, identifying the actual source of a photo that some rightwingers were apparently claiming to be a shot of today's crowds of their DC protest. Not so, the photo taker wishes us to know. It was a photo from 2 years ago, the March for Our Lives event. Some things never change and right wing mischaracterization of crowd scenes is one of them.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1346642490263285760/

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
3C99642B-2D57-4FB8-9D44-A142D72D689A.gif

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I did see one story that said that the remaining votes to be counted were mainly from Democratic districts.

They didn’t go so far as to call the race, however.

Possibly what happened is that they wrote this story ahead of time in preparation for publication, and it just got put out prematurely.

Top Bottom
1 2