Millions will be dangerously shocked when Biden gets sworn in

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
This was a topic brought up on a conservative talk show. For an important distinction, despite being conservative, the host hates Trump and firmly believes he is a traitor to both the US and Democracy. He even voted for Trump in 2016 but his viewpoint changed when considering actual facts and reality overtime.

He says he still gets hundreds to thousands of emails daily from Trump supporters who still firmly believe Trump will be getting a second term, often attacking him for not being a Trump supporter and ending with a “Fuck you!”. Given his audience and stance on Trump these aren’t echo chamber “preach on brother!” emails (clearly) which I think is an important distinction. On some level he exists in their bubble and was even on their side in the beginning, if for no other reason than giving it a shot.

So from that it’s pretty easy to scale up and say there will be millions in complete shock when Biden gets sworn in, and possibly as he fears this is when the real violence will begin.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Some fresh crazy to go with this...

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1339194635919486976/

An ex-captain in the Houston Police Department was arrested Tuesday for allegedly running a man off the road and assaulting him in an attempt to prove a bizarre voter-fraud conspiracy pushed by a right-wing organization.

The suspect, Mark Anthony Aguirre, told police he was part of a group of private citizens investigating claims of the massive fraud allegedly funded by Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and involving election ballots forged by Hispanic children. He said the plot was underway in Harris County, Texas, prior to the Nov. 3 election.

Aguirre said he was working for the group Liberty Center for God and Country when, on Oct. 19, he pulled a gun on a man who he believed was the mastermind of the scheme. His victim, identified as "DL" in the police affidavit, is an air-conditioner repairman. Authorities found no evidence that he was involved in any fraud scheme claimed by Aguirre.

Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg said Aguirre "crossed the line from dirty politics to commission of a violent crime and we are lucky no one was killed."

"His alleged investigation was backward from the start — first alleging a crime had occurred and then trying to prove it happened," Ogg said.

Now, I'm curious after all that, what possibly made the man an "ex-captain"?

The Houston Chronicle says Aguirre was fired from the police department in 2003 after a controversial raid at a Houston Kmart parking lot.

Oh.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
What made him a fucking captain in the first place? Ignoring this idiot's supposed investigation, did he expect to get away with ramming someone's car and pulling a gun on them, based on his speculations?
Which gets to my real point, about the millions shocked.

There has to be a reckoning why some are so personally vested in THIS election, that points out a really unsettling truth about this country.

It's been mentioned repeatedly how when 45 won, his supporters danced a jig & gloated "get over it". Those same people imagine this is what happened to them when Obama won. In neither case were election workers threatened, people posing as fake electors, suing round the clock, or this nuttery with the ex-captain. What changed? We are currently in a pandemic where Americans are dying in 9/11 numbers daily, because this administration thinks dealing with it seems like too much work. Yet SOME think, we need more of THIS administration to the point of threatening fellow Americans they didn't bat an eye at a week ago.

For SOME 45 represents an America they would prefer, that they would go to a polling place armed. 45 represents an America that they would literally crap on it's democratic ideals that would literally overturn the will of the people, for the will of THEIR people. The fact that we can't figuratively slap the piss out of these people and make them realize how happily they've taken residence in Crazy town over a failed businessman who was an ever bigger failure as president is disturbing. There is an America now where a large mass have so gripped ME over ANYONE else, the core principles of the country they profess to love are now so disposable as long as they get their way. We've seen in the outbursts over stay @ home & masks. It's what's probably extended the pandemic to the horrible degree it is now, and now it upends are own democracy.

45 revealed a sickness & it isn't Covid, it's SOME of us.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

It's likely at least the 40% of us who get their news from a station owned by the Sinclair Broadcast Group, a conglomerate

"owning or operating a total of 193 stations across the country in over 100 markets (covering 40% of American households), many of which are located in the South and Midwest, and is the largest owner of stations affiliated with Fox, ABC and The CW."​

From the same referenced Wiki link, per 2019 study in American Political Science Review:

"...stations bought by Sinclair reduce coverage of local politics, increase national coverage and move the ideological tone of coverage in a conservative direction relative to other stations operating in the same market."​

So even if living in a purple district, if you've been getting your news from a Sinclair Broadcast Group station, your exposure to politics was Trump's politics-- not whatever your local mayor just said about a community garden or a new zoning proposal etc. Sinclair began using "must-run" segments to present essentially right-wing propaganda mixed into their news broadcasts. Some were not presented as commentary. The ones labeled as opinion apparently ended in 2019.

There was a huge brouhaha in 2018 about Sinclair forcing all 200 or so of its stations to read an editorial script that without irony addressed problems of biased news presentation and efforts to control viewers' thinking. The reporters were to face the camera and offer this script up as if it were their considered and original editorial comment:

"The sharing of bias and false news has become all too common on social media. And more alarming, some media outlets publish these same fake stories without checking facts first. Unfortunately, some members of the media use their platforms to push their own personal bias and agenda to control exactly what people think. And this is extremely dangerous to our democracy."​

leekohler2

Power User
Reaction score
Right Wing F******s losing their minds, vigilante bullshit. Conservatism is off the rails in this country. :mad:
It always has been. Trump just brought it the surface. It's always been there. I used to say just how dangerous these people are back in my MR days and people called me crazy. Who's crazy now?

Trust me when I say, we ain't seen nothin' yet. Just wait il January 20 and after when these people really go nuts.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

There has to be a reckoning why some are so personally vested in THIS election, that points out a really unsettling truth about this country.

It's been mentioned repeatedly how when 45 won, his supporters danced a jig & gloated "get over it". Those same people imagine this is what happened to them when Obama won. In neither case were election workers threatened, people posing as fake electors, suing round the clock, or this nuttery with the ex-captain. What changed? We are currently in a pandemic where Americans are dying in 9/11 numbers daily, because this administration thinks dealing with it seems like too much work. Yet SOME think, we need more of THIS administration to the point of threatening fellow Americans they didn't bat an eye at a week ago.

For SOME 45 represents an America they would prefer, that they would go to a polling place armed. 45 represents an America that they would literally crap on it's democratic ideals that would literally overturn the will of the people, for the will of THEIR people. The fact that we can't figuratively slap the piss out of these people and make them realize how happily they've taken residence in Crazy town over a failed businessman who was an ever bigger failure as president is disturbing. There is an America now where a large mass have so gripped ME over ANYONE else, the core principles of the country they profess to love are now so disposable as long as they get their way. We've seen in the outbursts over stay @ home & masks. It's what's probably extended the pandemic to the horrible degree it is now, and now it upends are own democracy.

It’s 70m who voted for Mr Facist, Wanna Be Dictator, Snowflake. When you accept wholesale corruption in your leadership who feeds your inner racist and breaks the rules for perceived self advantage, or plumping up your wallet, what it means is you don’t give a shit about Democracy or the freaking Constituion. :mad:

dogslobber

Power User
Reaction score
Folk like Rand Paul need to be recalled. I knew this one was a fruit loop but it's at the point where these dumb idiots are railing against the constitution and inciting uprising. These people are traitors to threaten a coup against the legally elected incoming gov't.

leekohler2

Power User
Reaction score
The podcast in question: fsilencepodcast.com (Episode 78)

It might take a few weeks or months to see the real weirdos plan and act out their martyrdom after Jan. 20, but it's going to be ugly.
Oh, it definitely will be. Now with Mayor Pete getting nominated to the cabinet, their heads will pretty much explode 100 times over. They already are. They don't want some queer in the gub'mint.

dogslobber

Power User
Reaction score
Oh, it definitely will be. Now with Mayor Pete getting nominated to the cabinet, their heads will pretty much explode 100 times over. They already are. They don't want some queer in the gub'mint.
I think Mayor Pete will really invigorate the dept of Transportation - apparently the post is currently held by Mrs Moscow Mitch. What he'll bring is much needed publicity to help push through an infrastructure plan. This country's bridge, highways, etc, are truly awful.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

I think Trump supporters are a whole new species of voters. At first they probably just hoped an outsider would get things they wanted. At this point they just want to get what they want and don’t care about facts, democracy, or anybody else in the country. They also don’t seem to know we vote every 4 years from the way they are acting, but I also think they realize we will never get another President close to Trump or whatever it is he represents to them. When he’s out of office I’m sure they will go into overdrive proving exactly why they aren’t a base that should be embraced or pandered to and Republicans will sink their own ship if they continue to make Trumpism their main platform.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
...45 revealed a sickness & it isn't Covid, it's SOME of us.
It's likely at least the 40% of us who get their news from a station owned by the Sinclair Broadcast Group, a conglomerate...

Right there you two have put your fingers on the problem...at least to my mind.

Yes, there has always been a portion of the American populace that is simultaneously authoritarian and gullible/open to suggestion.

Enter Rush Limbaugh and Rupert Murdoch (and the man who made their poisoning of the American mind possible, Ronald Reagan). Even back then you could see them reaching out to millions with their lies, many of their audience blankly nodding their heads, and think Uh-oh. This is trouble.

The alternate/parallel/fantasy world they've been spinning has been getting worse every election, until here we are with the possibility of civil war seeming like not such an unlikely idea.

We've got to get rid of the poisonous extreme right wing media. I don't know how we go about it, and yes I'm fully aware of the free speech implications involved. But all I know is doing nothing is worse. Nothing is what we've been doing for forty years, and doing nothing is obviously failing.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
It's likely at least the 40% of us who get their news from a station owned by the Sinclair Broadcast Group, a conglomerate

"owning or operating a total of 193 stations across the country in over 100 markets (covering 40% of American households), many of which are located in the South and Midwest, and is the largest owner of stations affiliated with Fox, ABC and The CW."​

From the same referenced Wiki link, per 2019 study in American Political Science Review:

"...stations bought by Sinclair reduce coverage of local politics, increase national coverage and move the ideological tone of coverage in a conservative direction relative to other stations operating in the same market."​

So even if living in a purple district, if you've been getting your news from a Sinclair Broadcast Group station, your exposure to politics was Trump's politics-- not whatever your local mayor just said about a community garden or a new zoning proposal etc. Sinclair began using "must-run" segments to present essentially right-wing propaganda mixed into their news broadcasts. Some were not presented as commentary. The ones labeled as opinion apparently ended in 2019.

There was a huge brouhaha in 2018 about Sinclair forcing all 200 or so of its stations to read an editorial script that without irony addressed problems of biased news presentation and efforts to control viewers' thinking. The reporters were to face the camera and offer this script up as if it were their considered and original editorial comment:

"The sharing of bias and false news has become all too common on social media. And more alarming, some media outlets publish these same fake stories without checking facts first. Unfortunately, some members of the media use their platforms to push their own personal bias and agenda to control exactly what people think. And this is extremely dangerous to our democracy."​

And we can all thank Bill Clinton for deregulating that industry to make this possible.

leekohler2

Power User
Reaction score
I think Mayor Pete will really invigorate the dept of Transportation - apparently the post is currently held by Mrs Moscow Mitch. What he'll bring is much needed publicity to help push through an infrastructure plan. This country's bridge, highways, etc, are truly awful.
I agree with you, but the wacko right wing won't like it.

Zoidberg

Site Champ
Reaction score
I think Trump supporters are a whole new species of voters. At first they probably just hoped an outsider would get things they wanted. At this point they just want to get what they want and don’t care about facts, democracy, or anybody else in the country. They also don’t seem to know we vote every 4 years from the way they are acting, but I also think they realize we will never get another President close to Trump or whatever it is he represents to them. When he’s out of office I’m sure they will go into overdrive proving exactly why they aren’t a base that should be embraced or pandered to and Republicans will sink their own ship if they continue to make Trumpism their main platform.
QAnon people were convinced that Trump was going to win with JFK Jr. as his running mate.

Even leaving aside the small detail that JFK Jr. has been, you know, kind of dead for over two decades, they still thought he was going to be VP even though it was Pence's name on the ballots.

Nothing can surprise me anymore from that crowd, they are delusional fascists in a death cult. And what worries me is that it's slowly growing outside of the US.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The mega-billionaires who SAY they want to make the world a better place COULD buy a Fox News and change it to reflect actual news. Bezos bought Washington Post - no reason he couldn’t buy Fox if he wanted. Facebook COULD block lies and conspiracy theories. They do not because that 💩 gets 10x the clicks of real news.

The propaganda machine feeding the far-right nut bags wouldn’t be that hard to dismantle if some rich folks got together and just did it. But I doubt it will happen. Most billionaires are self-interested and greedy. Look at Bezos’ lack of charitable giving. He divorces his wife and first thing she starts doing with her billions is donate to worthy causes. What is Jeff doing with his dragon hoard?

Zoidberg

Site Champ
Reaction score
The mega-billionaires who SAY they want to make the world a better place COULD buy a Fox News and change it to reflect actual news. Bezos bought Washington Post - no reason he couldn’t buy Fox if he wanted. Facebook COULD block lies and conspiracy theories. They do not because that 💩 gets 10x the clicks of real news.

The propaganda machine feeding the far-right nut bags wouldn’t be that hard to dismantle if some rich folks got together and just did it. But I doubt it will happen. Most billionaires are self-interested and greedy. Look at Bezos’ lack of charitable giving. He divorces his wife and first thing she starts doing with her billions is donate to worthy causes. What is Jeff doing with his dragon hoard?
If they bought Fox News, nothing would change. Murdoch would get even richer. Then he'd create a new network, and all the talking heads would go with him. In two months, you'd be back to square one.

The root of the problem is not the existence of Fox News itself, it's the demand for it, and obsolete laws that apparently allow to call for civil unrest and sedition as long as it's in the name of freedom of speech.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2