Minority rule and unvaccinated firings

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
As people start getting canned for being unvaccinated, from everything I’ve read the level of compliance is fairly high, in the high 90%+ but I’m sure right wing media is going to position this like half the country is getting fired (creating job opportunities for the vaccinated, BTW)

I don’t know what to tell these people other than tell God to pay your bills. In the likely event that God can’t pay your bills, then maybe your evangelical leader who told you not to get vaccinated can sell one of their private jets and put their money where their mouth is. It’s kind of funny who is calling who sheep.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
As people start getting canned for being unvaccinated, from everything I’ve read the level of compliance is fairly high, in the high 90%+ but I’m sure right wing media is going to position this like half the country is getting fired (creating job opportunities for the vaccinated, BTW)

I don’t know what to tell these people other than tell God to pay your bills. In the likely event that God can’t pay your bills, then maybe your evangelical leader who told you not to get vaccinated can sell one of their private jets and put their money where their mouth is. It’s kind of funny who is calling who sheep.
I saw a story about Tyson Foods. They issued a vaccine mandate and they have gotten to 91% vaccinated already.

Vaccine mandates work. People whine about them, but they need their jobs, so they get the shots.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

And every single one of them bashing the mandate have gotten the vaccine, just when you think you've seen the peak of their hypocrisy.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
For the first time in my life I have to say I was not proud to be a citizen able to pay my public school taxes... but at least this ditz was suspended (because the school board and superintendent can read the law), so at least part of the system is still working... she was trying to claim a religious exemption from vaccination and has previously gone on record as being opposed to masking.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
but I’m sure right wing media is going to position this like half the country is getting fired (creating job opportunities for the vaccinated, BTW)

They are. There was an article I read on Facebook recently stating that 750 nurses had been fired from a local hospital chain for refusing to vaccinate. In response to this bit of news, the usual bunch screamed about severe hospital staff shortages, leading to further deaths, and blah blah blah, and so on and so on.

...of course they failed to consider that said chain employees 35,000 nurses and doctors across their hospitals.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
For the first time in my life I have to say I was not proud to be a citizen able to pay my public school taxes... but at least this ditz was suspended (because the school board and superintendent can read the law), so at least part of the system is still working... she was trying to claim a religious exemption from vaccination and has previously gone on record as being opposed to masking.

I saw this:

The district is now searching for an interim principal

This guy might be looking for a job, and would be a FAR better choice:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

Whitfield probably saw his absurd dismissal coming... a school district a couple years ago had asked him to remove a post from his social media array of family photos that included one of his wife and him on a beach, kissing. His wife is white. Some parent who saw it objected and eventually the district asked him to remove the photo "to avoid conflict"... wow.

As for Whitefield's chances here, that would be a dice roll for sure. There are a number of SUNY colleges in the area, with a pretty diverse student body from downstate or the northwestern upstate areas, as well as more diversity recently among faculty and admin, but the electoral districts in the area are purple or red and the counties tend to be mostly white. That has changed somewhat in the past few decades, as more downstaters have found the area scenic and very suitable for artists, writers, remote tech working and retirement. The kids of locals do tend to be somewhat less conservative in their outlook, but there aren't many jobs past retail or light industry up here, so they tend to leave after (or for) their college years, and then not return, at least during their working lives.

Anyway there's still a town-gown divide in the area on some potentially race-related issues for sure, including policing, display of the confederate flag and etc. Confederate flag stencils abound on some barns around here and the prelude to the annual county fair still involves vocal disagreements over display or sale of flags and trinkets related to the Confederacy, Only thing gonna fix that is the slow ageing out of the good ol' boys, I guess.

I used to think that young women would make more of a difference here as time went on. But, a lot of them stayed here rather than left to seek work downstate, so a preponderance may remain old school religious and so still take all their cues for social and political interaction from their husband. The belonging of this area to the Appalachian chain's culture does extend to it still having aspects of the south's Bible Belt. My township only a decade ago finally permitted any remaining local stores to sell beer and bars are still prohibited. Still, and possibly because of those restrictions, an attitude lingers that driving drunk is at the very least a rite of passage for the young. A guy who for awhile was the county DA used to brag while he was a town justice that he'd sooner spit on the sidewalk than write a kid up for a DWI. Breathing while black in a few of the cities might be something else but when he was wearing the hat of the law, the county was probably 99% white anyway. I conclude that I live in a county of largely unexamined inconsistencies, but some would insist it's just the clash of bibles v criminal code. I'd also say the application of scripture is pretty selective sometimes.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I saw this:

That story really surprised me...not because of the obvious support for racism (it's Texas, after all), but because so many people stood up in favor of Whitfield, and it didn't do a damn bit of good. :mad:

Minority rule indeed. This is a small group of hateful bullies pushing everyone else around.

Top Bottom
1 2