RIP Mira Furlan passes away at 65

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I remember first looking at Ambassador Delenn and thinking, “This character seems like a dud,” but boy did she win me over.

And while the BBC story tells a more comprehensive story of the Babylon 5 and Lost actress, it’s SyFy that hearkens back to her best scene.

When it looks as though B5 is going to get crushed by their enemies, Delenn arrives with the Minbari Fleet — former enemies of Earth! — and delivers an ultimatum that she will protect Sheridan and the space station. And don't you dare test her. Here's what she says:
"Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else!"

How badass was this? Well, imagine Gal Gadot saying those words as Wonder Woman. Yeah, like that.

RIP.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Sad to hear.

And SyFy is absolutely right about that scene. It is the first one I think of when I think of Mira Furlan or Delenn. Goosebumps. Badass indeed!

Great show. Still relevant. I’ve used examples from it many times especially during the last four years to illustrate certain problems and patterns in politics and propaganda.

But is the show cursed?

Andreas Katsulas (59), Jerry Doyle (60), Richard Biggs (44), Stephen Furst (63), Jeff Conaway (60), Michael O'Hare (60), Mira Furlan (65). RIP.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Awesome scene. ❤️

And yeah, O’Hare also dealt with what sounded like schizophrenia. Biggs’ death really shocked me as the guy was obviously very fit. A lot of deaths for a show that aired only in the mid-1990s.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Andreas Katsulas (59), Jerry Doyle (60), Richard Biggs (44), Stephen Furst (63), Jeff Conaway (60), Michael O'Hare (60), Mira Furlan (65). RIP.

Just watched a random episode of Babylon 5 (Season 4, episode 4, “Falling Toward Apotheosis”). This exchange really stuck with me this time...

John Sheridan: I’ll be in my early sixties by then. It’s a... It’s a good run, Delenn.
Delenn: You told me that humans live to be a hundred years old, even older. You can’t...

It’s a good run.

Top Bottom
1 2