Site Master
Reaction score

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

As a left leaner and after being under Trump for almost 4 years I don't even remember why I shouldn't like Romney.
I'll say this about him, he sticks by what he believes and I was more than impressed that he marched with BLM and came out in strong support of them after George Floyd. I don't agree much with his policies but he has my full respect.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Something about 47% of Americans not paying taxes?
Well, I do remember that, but other than that, as a lefty, I don't believe I was given the script on why I should dislike him other than being a Republican. Left leaning MA seemed to love him for a spell.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'll say this about him, he sticks by what he believes and I was more than impressed that he marched with BLM and came out in strong support of them after George Floyd. I don't agree much with his policies but he has my full respect.
Also the only Republican to vote to impeach Trump.

If nothing else, he seems to be the only Republican that cares about the dignity of the office.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Also the only Republican to vote to impeach Trump.

If nothing else, he seems to be the only Republican that cares about the dignity of the office.

But does he care enough about the dignity of the Supreme Court?

It would take Romney's vote plus Collins, Murkowski and one other to keep Barrett off the court.

I'm not sure his loathing of "the vile politics" of today is enough to keep Romney from voting to seat her.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
It seems so quaint now...

Yep.

Romney got beaten up by presidential politics, but he's always been a decent Republican. The 47 percent thing, however, is utter bullshit and he deserved getting dragged on that one. And, his whole both sides schtick is wearing thin.

He went and compared Keith Olbermann to the president, as if insane rambling from the White House is on the same level as YouTuber Olbermann. (I know he was on MSNBC and ESPN, but come'on.)

And, Pelosi tore up the president speech in Feb. 2020—you know, a century ago—after he'd been a vicious jackass for three years. I get that Romney wants everyone to be civil at all times, but goddamnit, some times you've got to kick ass and not all of us can use our giant account from Bain capital to get out of Dodge City when the whole thing goes to shit.

Mark

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
file_10207_max_300_romney-dog-incident.jpg

/s

As a left leaner and after being under Trump for almost 4 years I don't even remember why I shouldn't like Romney.

Mark

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
If he's voting for Barrett, he's indecent as the rest of them.

and he would be voting for her after she declined to say whether or not a president can deny a person's right to vote based on race.

it seems this woman-with-three-names about to be anointed to the supremes has a secret constitution somewhere.

romney is not part of my america to be sure.

Top Bottom
1 2