Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Good to see Lindsey Graham forced to testify. He tried to use his excuse of chairing the judiciary committee or something as making him immune from election meddling. Bullshit. How many times in the past has he called up election officials in other states and asked them to throw out votes? Right now, he's not even a target or anything, they just want some info from him. The least he can do is show up to testify.

I'm reminded of Peter Navarro...

"They intercepted me at the airport.... they put me in handcuffs... they put leg shackles on me and put me in a cell...."

Uh, yeah. It's called being under arrest. These rich, white conservative assholes truly think the law only applies to their political enemies or brown people. They honestly think that by the mere virtue of who they are, they are not capable of committing a crime, much less being held accountable after the fact.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

someone has no clue how the law works.​

Judge Blocks ‘QAnon Shaman' From Pulling Guilty Plea, Has Extra Words For Tucker Carlson​

A federal judge smacked down a request by convicted Capitol rioter Jacob Chansley — also known as the “QAnon Shaman” — to withdraw his guilty plea based on a Tucker Carlson broadcast that claimed to show exonerating footage.
In a 35-page ruling Thursday, Judge Royce C. Lamberth expressed disappointment with Chansley’s “about-face” and reaffirmed that there remains ample evidence supporting his conviction for obstructing Congress during the 2021 Capitol attack ― even if this evidence was “conveniently omitted” in Carlson’s past programming on Fox News. (Carlson has since been fired from the network.)

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Just saw this:

In my fantasy world, the judge would have banged his gavel, told Pezzola to come back, and said "That'll be 12 years! Any more comments?" Unfortunately, that would probably interfere with his 1st amendment rights, but...

I love all these tough guys who grovel in court and say they're changed when in reality they're the same scumbags they were on Jan. 6, 2021.

His girlfriend testified that he was a “f’ing idiot” who got that way by drinking a lot and watching Fox News.

Pretty stereotypical almost to the point of parody or satire.

Well, I suppose if you’re going away for awhile, you may as well pretend the cause is righteous. This dude will be sitting in prison for Donald f*****g Trump. What a waste.

During Friday's hearing, Pezzola’s longtime partner, Lisa Magee, reiterated what she said on the stand at trial: that Pezzola was “a f---ing idiot.” She said her daughters have had to suffer, and have been bullied at home due to their father’s actions.

Magee, who testified that Pezzola was getting drunk and watching Fox News before Jan. 6, said that she’d already canceled cable news at their home. “I truly believe if he could go back and change ... that day that he would," she said.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
If there was any doubt the GOP is the party of lawlessness and disorder, Johnson wants to blur the faces of the people who stormed the Capitol on 1/6/21 so they won't get prosecuted.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/05/politics/mike-johnson/index.html

It's one thing to protect them from attacks by private citizens, which are unlikely, but it's quite another to do this to make it harder for people to identify insurrectionists and give tips to law enforcement. I wonder what Johnson would say if someone broke into his home and got away. Yeah, let's blur the security camera footage. And this guy is second in line to the Presidency.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
If there was any doubt the GOP is the party of lawlessness and disorder, Johnson wants to blur the faces of the people who stormed the Capitol on 1/6/21 so they won't get prosecuted.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/05/politics/mike-johnson/index.html

It's one thing to protect them from attacks by private citizens, which are unlikely, but it's quite another to do this to make it harder for people to identify insurrectionists and give tips to law enforcement. I wonder what Johnson would say if someone broke into his home and got away. Yeah, let's blur the security camera footage. And this guy is second in line to the Presidency.

The GOP... (which used to be) the party of Law and Order.

And this guy is second in line to the Presidency.

Wouldn't be shocked if he's hoping to be trump's running mate. And then running for prez in 2028.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
If Johnson makes it to the next congress as Speaker, I’d be surprised. Their impeachment inquiry has been a constant source of embarrassment to the point Comer is visibly agitated all the time, yet the Free Dumb caucus is going to want to press ahead anyways, even though Matt Gaetz - their poster child - has pretty much said they have nothing and this is done to damage Biden. At some point, Johnson is going to have to placate his loon squad, or piss them off and let the clowns run the circus again.

Just because he (Johnson) is a MAGA cultist, he can’t govern with a minority, and that’s essentially what he has with a small segment of his caucus able to block anything or remove him.

Top Bottom
1 2