Mob storms Capitol

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah time for the age of deliberate misinformation for political gain to end.

As for the freedom to broadcast complete fabrications under the rubric of news... well some other countries are a little more stern about flat lying to viewers and calling it news.

I already knew about Clinton’s deregulation of the telecommunications industry lead to a handful of conglomerates scooping up networks and putting their political slant in everything from 24 hour news networks to local newscasts but it wasn’t until recently that I learned about the fairness doctrine that was killed off under Reagan.

Gee, what could that lead to.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
There are apparently still concerns about the inauguration and the personal safety of Biden and Harris.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1349910493390057476/

Let’s hope it doesn’t turn out like the massive Twitter blood bath protest of 1 earlier this week.

4C8C658B-F409-4B1A-81BC-273133712DDF.jpeg

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
And...
A text message with misleading information that appears as though it came from the NAACP has been circulating telling people to watch out for white supremacist groups coming into the area.

This message did not come from the NAACP, according to Tanieka Driver-Moultrie, president of the Killeen chapter of the NAACP.
“The National Office of the NAACP, the Texas State Conference of the NAACP, nor the local branch of the NAACP authored this text and sent it out,” Driver-Moultrie said in a news release.

The misleading text, in part, says white supremacist groups have initiations happening this weekend.

“As part of the initiation it is said that they will be looking to snatch black men and boys and hang them, shoot them, torture them and kill them,” according to the text.

Driver-Moultrie called it a “fake” text.
Someone's got to sow those tensions. 🤬

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I am not surprised, since they are releasing these people into home confinement with a pat on the back and reminder to not be naughty.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1350182334306406401/

Despite these strong accusations, Magistrate Judge Jeffrey L. Cureton said he would release the former lieutenant colonel, 53, to home confinement. Brock was ordered to surrender any firearms and the judge said he would have limited internet access under his confinement.
I honestly don’t have a problem with people being in home confinement instead of jail before their trial date, even this guy. That being said, it had to be a bit of a judgment call on the part of the judge: is this guy crazy enough that he will commit violent crimes before his trial?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I honestly don’t have a problem with people being in home confinement instead of jail before their trial date, even this guy. That being said, it had to be a bit of a judgment call on the part of the judge: is this guy crazy enough that he will commit violent crimes before his trial?

The real perversion here is if any of these people go to prison it will be just like getting a fully paid scholarship to white supremacist big boy training camp.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
It's always about the optics.

When a kid can be put in Riker's for 3 years without trial for allegedly stealing a backpack...

But illegally trespass into the capitol with seeming malicious intent & zip ties, you get sent home...

200.gif

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
It's always about the optics.

When a kid can be put in Riker's for 3 years without trial suspicion for allegedly stealing a backpack...

But illegally trespass into the capitol with seeming malicious intent & zip ties, you get sent home...

200.gif
I agree; but to me the solution is letting the kid go, not detaining this guy.

Fortunately for the Capitol insurrectionists, they didn’t commit their crimes in a state that intentionally tries to collect bail money to balance their budget or likes to lock people up to make a point. Here is a document from the DC agency dealing with pre-trial services. They release 90% of arrestees without bond, and the results have been very good... this dates back to an initiative from Bobby Kennedy in the 1960s.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
He appeared in court in Texas. Does that have any bearing?
Oh yeah good point... I forgot the police let all the terrorists fly back to their home states and get settled back into their mommies’ basements before arresting them. I don’t know if the DC rules apply to federal courts elsewhere, or not. I’m just familiar with the DC situation.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I agree; but to me the solution is letting the kid go, not detaining this guy.

Fortunately for the Capitol insurrectionists, they didn’t commit their crimes in a state that intentionally tries to collect bail money to balance their budget or likes to lock people up to make a point. Here is a document from the DC agency dealing with pre-trial services. They release 90% of arrestees without bond, and the results have been very good... this dates back to an initiative from Bobby Kennedy in the 1960s.

Yes, but that's your solution, and unfortunately the kid didn't have someone like you involved.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Yes, but that's your solution, and unfortunately the kid didn't have someone like you involved.
I agree it is highly unfortunate. I think more jurisdictions should follow the model of pre-trial services in Washington DC. I know more places are ending cash bail, but there are still too many places that have it, thereby unfairly locking people up pre-trial for one reason only: they don’t have money.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Followup to the story that had me rolling on the floor...

Listen: The attempted coup at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, was a terrible event. Terrible. It was treasonous, horrifying and an undeniable threat to American democracy.

That being said, the fallout has been funny as hell.

Ever since the mob of angry white people stormed the Capitol building like it was hosting a clearance sale on Birkenstocks and UGG boots, the FBI, U.S. Marshals and, I’m sure, other law enforcement agencies have been rounding up attackers—affectionately referred to as the “Coup Klutz Klan” by The Root’s Michael Harriot—and charging them with crimes, because it turns out that storming the U.S. Capitol in an attempt to overthrow the government is, among other things, illegal AF. It’s also the kind of thing that will lose you your job.

A Massachusetts woman found out the hard way that being caught on camera participating in what white people must have thought was White People Day—or what I affectionately refer to as “Caucasi-D-Day”—is a sure-fire way to catch a pink slip. What makes it more hilarious is that she was fired from her job after being outed on social media by her own daughter.
I still can't stop laughing over the daughter clowning her mother, or how well thrown that punch was.

At the same time, I have to feel sorry for the woman. None of this should happen to anyone.

At the same time tho, thinking going to a BLM protest is dangerous, then get your nose restructured, clowned publicly, and fired.

DAMN!!!

Top Bottom
1 2