Mob storms Capitol

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been asked before...but does she remind anybody of Sarah Palin? 🤨

Hell no. Boebert can make Sarah Palin look thoughtful, composed and competent.

I posted this elsewhere, commenting on her two-words-gap-three-words-gap manner of speaking and was informed that she is just verbally racking the slide over and over again, spilling shells all over the floor.

Maybe in the Capitol we need fewer pastors roaming the halls (offering to pray with legislators) and a whole lot more mental health counselors offering walk-in appointments and discreet ways for aides or peers to signal that someone may have "issues" that are adversely affecting performance or even the safety of others in the workspace.

Some newly elected GOP representatives were half off the wall even as candidates. Now they're sworn members of Congress and --thanks to the increasingly disrespectful antics of the GOP's House Freedom Caucus-- it's all the rage to rant on about their rights and the rights of constituents of their own faction of their own party within their own districts. It used to at least be an option to consider the needs of the country in times of crisis.

If congress critters cannot manage to focus on their oath of allegiance to the Constitution over their party, they don't belong where they're now hanging their day job hats --and whining about the fact they aren't the boss yet and can't make the rules. Boebert's not the only one but she's certainly making a name for herself in that department.

lizkat

Reaction score
Followup on early reports of the guy who tried to breach a DC checkpoint... claims he forgot he had his gun in the car, had been working security in DC in the past week, the credential was from his job, he got lost in the city this time, says the arrest report was wrong in that he didn't have 500 rounds of hollow point ammo in the car, just the shotgun shells and his handgun (which the arrest report said had a high cap magazine, 17 rounds with one in the chamber).

You decide. I dunno, some of this doesn't really hang together but post-arrest they just told him not to come back to the city except for talking with his lawyer or appearing in court.

“It was an honest mistake,” Beeler explained after being released. In a tear-filled interview, he said he has spent the past week working as hired security in downtown Washington ahead of the inauguration. He said he forgot that his firearm was in his truck when he left his home in Virginia, where he said he has a license to carry. He said he realized it was there halfway through his trip but that he was running late, so he didn’t turn around. He denied that he had the more than 500 rounds of ammunition listed in his arrest report.

“I pulled up to a checkpoint after getting lost in D.C. because I’m a country boy,” he said. “I showed them the inauguration badge that was given to me.”

A person with knowledge of Beeler’s actions, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the case is pending, said Beeler has no extremist ties, cooperated fully with law enforcement and was cleared from further investigation, except for the charge of violating District law by carrying a pistol without a license.

U.S. Capitol Police said in charging papers that Beeler was “not authorized to enter the restricted area” with the credential he presented. In a statement Saturday, police said he presented “a non-government issued” credential. As his credential was being checked, another officer noted bumper stickers on the truck that read, “Assault Life” and “If they come for your guns give ’em your bullets first,” police said.

He said he has had numerous security assignments in the past, including working as a corrections officer and providing security for a Saudi Embassy property. A spokeswoman for Allied Universal Security Services confirmed that Beeler had worked for a smaller security company it acquired.

Beeler’s wife, Noelle Beeler, said she realizes why people reacted with fear and concern at the report of a man with a Glock and a cache of ammo in his truck in downtown Washington.

“It’s understandable during these times. It does sound suspicious,” she said. The couple was trying to find a way for Beeler to return home after his release and to explain to their children what happened.

“I don’t want my kids to think I’m a bad person,” Beeler said.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
As for this Lauren Boebert, every time I see that name I am reminded of Lorena Bobbitt, who some years ago took rather drastic action against the husband who was abusing her.....a knife did the deed for her. The names are similar, but in this situation there are vast differences and I am truly dumbfounded that this Boebert woman, armed with deadly weapon(s) and ready to fire off her artillery at any opportunity, someone who has already been arrested several times, ever was elected to public office. WTF???

As for the guy who tried to slip one past the checkpoint in DC by claiming he was "lost," while driving a vehicle in which he had plenty of potentially lethal weaponry....... Uh, he lives in Front Royal, VA (about an hour's drive from DC), meaning that he has undoubtedly been in and around the District of Columbia many times. He's not a tourist from Nebraska or Wyoming, some state at a significant distance from DC...... He knows this area. "Lost?" Snort! It's really not cool that they let this guy go back home on his own say-so......

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
As for this Lauren Boebert, every time I see that name I am reminded of Lorena Bobbitt, who some years ago took rather drastic action against the husband who was abusing her.....a knife did the deed for her. The names are similar, but in this situation there are vast differences and I am truly dumbfounded that this Boebert woman, armed with deadly weapon(s) and ready to fire off her artillery at any opportunity, someone who has already been arrested several times, ever was elected to public office. WTF???

As for the guy who tried to slip one past the checkpoint in DC by claiming he was "lost," while driving a vehicle in which he had plenty of potentially lethal weaponry....... Uh, he lives in Front Royal, VA (about an hour's drive from DC), meaning that he has undoubtedly been in and around the District of Columbia many times. He's not a tourist from Nebraska or Wyoming, some state at a significant distance from DC...... He knows this area. "Lost?" Snort! It's really not cool that they let this guy go back home on his own say-so......
Being in DC during these seemingly random and widespread road closures, there are parts of the story I can believe... but “i forgot I had my gun in my car” while driving into DC? Come on man...

EDIT: They are gonna interview this guy on the local news shortly....

The gun was not registered, neither was the ammo, and the credential was invalid.

His denial sounded weak and he sounded like he was tearing up when he said he just wants to be with his family and forget it ever happened.... yeah wouldn’t that be nice? They showed him wearing a black ball cap with the black American flag...

I’m not buying his story in the slightest. Thank goodness for the checkpoints.

Last edited:

lizkat

Reaction score

I wonder if they're just laying back on some other charges until after Trump leaves and can't pardon him.

Or else hey "if you're white you're right." This part of the piece was interesting.

Beeler was arrested on charges of carrying a pistol without a license, possession of an unregistered firearm and possession of unregistered ammunition, a Capitol Police spokesperson said. At a hearing on Saturday afternoon, the U.S. attorney’s office for the District asked a judge to issue a stay-away order. Beeler was released on personal recognizance, which prosecutors did not object to, even when the judge asked three times whether the government wished him to be held ahead of trial.

So the acting US attorney for DC is a Trump appointee. The arrest was made by Capitol Police but it was the US attorney's office that basically cut the guy loose to go out there in a self-serving interview and undermine the arresting officers' recorded assertion about the 500 rounds of ammo w/ hollow points...

MarkusL

Power User
Reaction score
Being in DC during these seemingly random and widespread road closures, there are parts of the story I can believe... but “i forgot I had my gun in my car” while driving into DC? Come on man...

EDIT: They are gonna interview this guy on the local news shortly....

The gun was not registered, neither was the ammo, and the credential was invalid.

His denial sounded weak and he sounded like he was tearing up when he said he just wants to be with his family and forget it ever happened.... yeah wouldn’t that be nice? They showed him wearing a black ball cap with the black American flag...

I agree, his explanations do not ring true. When I visited DC as a tourist I found it very difficult to lose my way in a city where the streets are named A, B, C and 1, 2, 3. Even when you're on one of the diagonals you're just a block away from a street in the regular grid numbering. Let's see on Google Street View if there were any visual cues to help him figure out where he was at the street corner where he was stopped. The articles I have seen are not explicit about the geometry of the checkpoint but this appears to be the way he would have been facing when he was "asking for directions".

1610879544662.png

Many times have I found myself at an unexpected roadblock and had to ask police officers or security guards for advice on which side of the closed area gives me the shortest detour. Never have I in such a situation presented any kind of credentials or identification. This guy knew where he wanted to be - on the other side of the checkpoint. That's why he flashed his papers.

Anyway, his explanation doesn't sound like it is meant to convince us normies. Then he would have emphasized having been there before but getting confused by the street closures. His poetic story about being a "country boy" sounds like it was authored specifically to drum up support from people dumb enough to think he is some kind of regular all-American kid from the Heartland who accidentally stumbled off his farm and is now being harassed by the big-city liberals.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Aaaaand... Representative Boebert's communications director has resigned.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1350594615230029837/
I suspect shes committed a serious criminal offence and the communications director wants nothing to do with it.
YIKES!!! đź‘€ There might be something to that...
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1350638023789080576/

Sheepus! The breaks this woman has gotten!! đź‘€
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1350651057811173380/

Sorry. I just thought this was funny.
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1350641136193449984/

Last edited:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I agree, his explanations do not ring true. When I visited DC as a tourist I found it very difficult to lose my way in a city where the streets are named A, B, C and 1, 2, 3. Even when you're on one of the diagonals you're just a block away from a street in the regular grid numbering. Let's see on Google Street View if there were any visual cues to help him figure out where he was at the street corner where he was stopped. The articles I have seen are not explicit about the geometry of the checkpoint but this appears to be the way he would have been facing when he was "asking for directions".

View attachment 2812

Many times have I found myself at an unexpected roadblock and had to ask police officers or security guards for advice on which side of the closed area gives me the shortest detour. Never have I in such a situation presented any kind of credentials or identification. This guy knew where he wanted to be - on the other side of the checkpoint. That's why he flashed his papers.

Anyway, his explanation doesn't sound like it is meant to convince us normies. Then he would have emphasized having been there before but getting confused by the street closures. His poetic story about being a "country boy" sounds like it was authored specifically to drum up support from people dumb enough to think he is some kind of regular all-American kid from the Heartland who accidentally stumbled off his farm and is now being harassed by the big-city liberals.
Navigating DC can be a bit tougher than one thinks because there are diagonal streets cutting through everywhere; they are named after the states. Some roads on the grid come to an end and then restart under the same letter or number a few blocks later. And many streets are one-way, so with these seemingly random closures, I was diverted over a dozen blocks from where I wanted to go the other day, and I live in the city. So believe me, I was 100% willing to cut a guy from Front Royal a break... but when you say you’re lost after you showed credentials trying to get into the area first? No, if you were lost you’d tell them you were lost and ask them how to get to your destination. And every single gun nut is totally aware of the DC regulations on guns; it’s all they can ever talk about, so ”forgetting” your gun is in the truck is BS too.

This guy is full of it.

Top Bottom
1 2