Mob storms Capitol

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
U

User.45

This hurts my head

A trans ShitGibbon supporter. What would such a person have to gain from supporting the guy who loathes her kind?
Oh man, this level of cognitive dissonance should replace the Turing test.
If a machine can process this shit without breaking down, it shall pass as a human.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Uh wha? Crazy lady lies too! 👀

(CNN)A close ally of Georgia Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene took part in the January 6 mob at the Capitol and said he was among those who eventually made their way into the building.

Greene, a freshman congresswoman with a history of promoting dangerous and violent conspiracies and comments, encouraged the big lie that the election was stolen from former President Donald Trump by voting to object to the election certification and fanned the flames of the insurrection by telling her supporters to "fight for Trump."

In tweets after the Capitol insurrection, Greene falsely suggested that those who had broken into the Capitol were not Republicans and instead falsely implied so-called "Antifa" dressed as Trump supporters were to blame.

In fact, Anthony Aguero, a conservative livestreamer, activist and associate of Greene, said on video following the January 6 assault on the Capitol that he had been among those who entered and attacked those who falsely claimed it was done by "Antifa."

"We were all there. It was not Antifa and it was not BLM. It was Trump supporters that did that yesterday. I'm the first to admit it, being one myself," said Aguero in a video posted on January 7.

"I walked amongst all those people," he added, later defending entering the Capitol.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Omigod. I've referenced this scene before...

Thanks to the Jan. 6 insurrection, I'm less convinced than ever that something like this couldn't actually ever happen.

And then I read this:

US Capitol Police Chief Yogananda Pittman argued to maintain increased law enforcement presence at the Capitol ahead of Joe Biden’s first address to Congress, following warnings from militia groups that she says want to “blow up the Capitol and kill as many members as possible” in connection with the president’s upcoming State of the Union address.
She told members of the House Appropriations subcommittee on Thursday that her agency is aware of far-right militia groups that participated in the Capitol insurrection on 6 January that have “stated their desires that they want to blow up the Capitol and kill as many members as possible with a direct nexus to the State of the Union...

Now, I'm not really expecting anything close to this to actually happen...but you never know.

In the show, the bomb has been placed by someone working for a contractor on the renovation of the Capitol.

In real life, we already suspect that the Capitol extremists had inside help, and we know that two bombs were discovered not too far from the building itself.

Life, in this case, may not be fully imitating art just yet...but it's getting too darn close for my taste.

U

User.45

Omigod. I've referenced this scene before...

Thanks to the Jan. 6 insurrection, I'm less convinced than ever that something like this couldn't actually ever happen.

And then I read this:

Now, I'm not really expecting anything close to this to actually happen...but you never know.

In the show, the bomb has been placed by someone working for a contractor on the renovation of the Capitol.

In real life, we already suspect that the Capitol extremists had inside help, and we know that two bombs were discovered not too far from the building itself.

Life, in this case, may not be fully imitating art just yet...but it's getting too darn close for my taste.

Nah, all the secret service has to do is turn on the radio jammers and coordinated attacks crumble immediately. I doubt there is real risk, but it's worrisome though.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
While they never specified, the bomb in the attack above may not have been set off by radio. It went off in the middle of the SOTU, so it could have been on a timer.

Even if this is all just wishful thinking, it’s unnerving that some fanatic may have watched this show and thought to himself, “Hey, that gives me an idea...!”

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I’m kind of surprised that everyone who lost at the Golden Globe Awards last night didn’t storm the building.

Isn’t that what we do nowadays?
I was a bit annoyed at the wins for 20-something actors from across the pond in “The Crown” getting a bunch of awards. Sorry, their acting wasn’t that great IMHO. For some, stories about royalty are extremely appealing, and an English accent = an award. I saw outstanding actors get passed over for the cool kids. Oh well, that’s how awards work. My opinion is clearly in the minority. I still don’t get America’s obsession with English royalty. Wasn’t the point of America to leave all that baloney behind?

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I was a bit annoyed at the wins for 20-something actors from across the pond in “The Crown” getting a bunch of awards. Sorry, their acting wasn’t that great IMHO. For some, stories about royalty are extremely appealing, and an English accent = an award. I saw outstanding actors get passed over for the cool kids. Oh well, that’s how awards work. My opinion is clearly in the minority. I still don’t get America’s obsession with English royalty. Wasn’t the point of America to leave all that baloney behind?
About the time of Sherlock & Game of Thrones, there's always been a Hollywood casting obsession with British actors.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
How long can they keep the family from seeing the body? There’ll have to be a funeral.

I mean, we all know the drill here. The family will see bruises from a beating or something, file charges and/or a lawsuit, the perp will get off, and no justice will be done.

Oh, but the poor white guys in this country! No one understands their problems! 😡

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I don't get the obsession with royalty full stop

We're celebrity-crazed in the USA. And.. grass is always greener on the other side, even if our forebears had inspected it and found the venue intolerable? Anyway it's said that no matter where you go, "there you are" --with at least some responsibility for playing the hand out-- but it's perhaps our failure to accept that fact which makes "reality TV" and "royalty TV" all of a piece: escape!

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

I think you are under the impression that the people voting actually watch everything and everyone who is nominated for an award. Somehow this is not an actual requirement. Soon they won't have to watch any of it and will just decide by ticking boxes on a diversity checklist.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I think you are under the impression that the people voting actually watch everything and everyone who is nominated for an award. Somehow this is not an actual requirement. Soon they won't have to watch any of it and will just decide by ticking boxes on a diversity checklist.
I guess young white actors from England check a certain kind of box that experienced, nuanced American actors do not. Just my opinion; I’m sure they are good actors for their age.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
U

User.45

When the people who actually did the thing, won't cooperate with the craven congressional cowards trying desperately to cover for them

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1367058424970809347/
This is actually a good thing as it shows that:
1. Capitol rioters have more principles than Matt Butthead Gaetz
2. It's an actual explicit admission by Gaetz that the Capitol events were wrong
3. He manages to make this admission hiding behind such a lame, see-through lie.

So the lie peels away what remains is a lying politician who knows his stance is wrong and manages to betray his constituents whose principles are at least congruent with their abhorrent actions.

Self-check, mate.

Top Bottom
1 2