Mob storms Capitol

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Well, according to this article, the FBI arrested 570 people. Most of whom I assume were white.

Also kind of kills the narrative that it was an organized insurrection. Or maybe Reuters isn't a valid source anymore.
well if it was totally planned it was the worst planned thing in the history of the world. but that does not mean all involved did not have any plans.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
…and how many of them were arrested in DC on January 6th?
61. They let the rest go home and then tried to track them down later. When it came to BLM, they rounded up 300+ in one day in DC. There are many criminals from that day that will never be found and arrested. Meanwhile, most arrested during BLM protests were let go with no charges.

They could RIGHTLY have had dozens of vehicles at the Capitol and ushered every single person in the building directly into one and booked them and held them overnight. They made a conscious decision not to. And don’t forget, the President cheered the whole thing on from the WH.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
If it was not an organized insurrection it cements the fact that the former guy whipped them into such a frenzy as to incite an insurrection.
It was organized. Just very poorly. These people were not exactly the “best and brightest” that America has to offer. The plan seemed to be - fly to DC, form a mob, attack the Capitol, see what happens!

The Arizona audit was organized… again… very poorly. We are dealing with the dregs of society when it comes to these things.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It was organized. Just very poorly. These people were not exactly the “best and brightest” that America has to offer. The plan seemed to be - fly to DC, form a mob, attack the Capitol, see what happens!

The Arizona audit was organized… again… very poorly. We are dealing with the dregs of society when it comes to these things.
So the GQP is like Mexico…they don’t send us their best people. 🤣😂

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
Also kind of kills the narrative that it was an organized insurrection.

For me nothing kills the obvious. It clearly wasn't organized in the sense that everyone was acting in unison under a leader. But I'd still say all those smaller, independent groups gathering at the same time and same place with similar goals in mind shows some level of organization. That doesn't just happen on accident. There may not have been coordinated plans between the various groups there that day, which I believe is all the story is suggesting. But it would be absurd to suggest they were just drawn together by random chance.

When you douse a room in flammable material, then throw a lit match in the room, it's hard to take people seriously when they're shocked at the results. I believe there was a common thread that drew everyone together, then threw that match. For me, the results weren't shocking given the circumstances. There were warning signs months ahead of time.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
No idea on that one. They had to comb security footage and SM posts to find some of them. Not sure why it matters the exact date.
It matters because on the very day it happened, hundreds and hundreds of white people got to just walk away after doing criminal stuff.

Just going to refer to the post by @SuperMatt rather than rewriting similar stuff:
61. They let the rest go home and then tried to track them down later. When it came to BLM, they rounded up 300+ in one day in DC. There are many criminals from that day that will never be found and arrested. Meanwhile, most arrested during BLM protests were let go with no charges.

They could RIGHTLY have had dozens of vehicles at the Capitol and ushered every single person in the building directly into one and booked them and held them overnight. They made a conscious decision not to. And don’t forget, the President cheered the whole thing on from the WH.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1431093760415322117/

Don't let some of the people bullshit you. It matters quite a bit WHO does the shooting, and WHO gets shot.

Mix the two up, and you quickly find out that love for the authorities evaporates quickly and turns to something else.
Unfortunately, he's a pretty inept LEO. He wasn't wrong to shoot the dimwit, but he's not a sterling example of a good officer given his history.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I’m at the point of turning off the news. The gaslighting by the right, the lies and stupidity is maddening. Most recently, the public introduction of Officer Byrd, who the right are wasting no time in demeaning. They’ve never seen a killing of a black person they aren’t willing to defend, but climbing through a window after breaking into the Capitol with a mob behind you and ignoring warnings from the officer makes you a martyr.

YUCK.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
I’m at the point of turning off the news. The gaslighting by the right, the lies and stupidity is maddening. Most recently, the public introduction of Officer Byrd, who the right are wasting no time in demeaning. They’ve never seen a killing of a black person they aren’t willing to defend, but climbing through a window after breaking into the Capitol with a mob behind you and ignoring warnings from the officer makes you a martyr.

YUCK.
I'm surprised some nutcase didn't try to attack him already. His name was out there almost immediately. Along with his mishandling of his gun prior to the storming of The Capitol. These same jackasses are calling out Black persons using their old standby: "She should've complied with orders!"

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Unfortunately, he's a pretty inept LEO. He wasn't wrong to shoot the dimwit, but he's not a sterling example of a good officer given his history.
You see though, NOW his history will be far more important than other officers or even a kid who travels to another city's unrest & kills some people. There wasn't some fervent scouring of her social media to look for those questionable photos of her. Absolutely no effort was made to NOT make her the victim, despite what we all KNOW she was clearly doing. The right is portraying Bobbitt's death as an "execution". She was part of a crowd illegally storming the nation's capital. She wasn't being peaceful anymore, she was part of an insurrection.

Yet you remember the stories from the handful of sorts in the other place, who were cowering in fear armed awaiting the storming masses of BLM who were in completely different states coming for them. It's the reminder that it doesn't matter what side of the equation the PoC is on. We are seeing it's more important for fanatical conservatives what side of the equation the non PoC person was on.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
You see though, NOW his history will be far more important than other officers or even a kid who travels to another city's unrest & kills some people. There wasn't some fervent scouring of her social media to look for those questionable photos of her. Absolutely no effort was made to NOT make her the victim, despite what we all KNOW she was clearly doing. The right is portraying Bobbitt's death as an "execution". She was part of a crowd illegally storming the nation's capital. She wasn't being peaceful anymore, she was part of an insurrection.

Yet you remember the stories from the handful of sorts in the other place, who were cowering in fear armed awaiting the storming masses of BLM who were in completely different states coming for them. It's the reminder that it doesn't matter what side of the equation the PoC is on. We are seeing it's more important for fanatical conservatives what side of the equation the non PoC person was on.

This is really it. Its exhausting. What was the guy supposed to do during a siege? Individual background checks and vetting of each of the hundreds or thousands of people who illegally descended on the Capitol and busted down the door/window where he and others were sheltered? I knew the right was going to play this game when you could see the officer’s hand in the video.

Where are the Republican Congress creeps who this man and others helped protect voicing their support for him?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
This is really it. Its exhausting. What was the guy supposed to do during a siege? Individual background checks and vetting of each of the hundreds or thousands of people who illegally descended on the Capitol and busted down the door/window where he and others were sheltered? I knew the right was going to play this game when you could see the officer’s hand in the video.

Where are the Republican Congress creeps who this man and others helped protect voicing their support for him?
If he let her through, that whole mob would have stormed in there. He saved the lives of members of Congress.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Top Bottom
1 2