Mob storms Capitol

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Cult. What else do you call it? Fox and the right blasted Obama for being a ā€œmedia darlingā€, but maybe he was just a level, smart guy and was a likeable guy?

Iā€™m seeing the Trump cult preparing a pro-Jan. 6 redneck jamboree in a week. Iā€™m just reminded that thereā€™s nothing or no one so stupid people wonā€™t support it.

What we can do is prosecute them anyways, but some of the sentences so far seem awfully light. Especially when fatzo wanted a decade if someone defiled a statue of a racist.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Well, this is reassuring...

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1438228607730597903/

Eight months after the events of Jan. 6, former Vice President Mike Pence is generally seen as one of the key figures who did the right thing when it mattered. Despite intense political pressure, from Donald Trump and others, the Republican fulfilled his legal obligations and helped certify the results of the 2020 presidential election after the insurrectionist riot that put him in serious danger.

What we didn't know is that Pence really didn't want to fulfill his legal obligations.

A new book from The Washington Post's Bob Woodward and Robert Costa includes details that haven't previously been reported about just how eager the then-vice president was to do the wrong thing. As the Post reported yesterday:

So intent was Pence on being Trump's loyal second-in-command ā€” and potential successor ā€” that he asked confidants if there were ways he could accede to Trump's demands and avoid certifying the results of the election on Jan. 6. In late December, the authors reveal, Pence called Dan Quayle, a former vice president and fellow Indiana Republican, for advice.
Quayle, fortunately, made clear to his ally that he had no choice in how to approach his responsibilities. "Mike, you have no flexibility on this," Quayle told Pence. "None. Zero. Forget it. Put it away," he said.

Pence, unsatisfied and reluctant to honor his commitments, kept pushing, exploring ways to help Trump remain in power, despite having lost the election. Quayle found the ideas "preposterous and dangerous," according to the Woodward/Costa book. Pence nevertheless inquired about whether he could perhaps delay the election certification.

"Forget it," Quayle told him, adding, "Mike, don't even talk about it."

Pence reportedly replied, "You don't know the position I'm in."

Dan Quayle. šŸ‘€

It takes Dan Quayle to remind us when republicans actually believed in the system.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Yeah, that was part of the Woodward book story I mentioned in another thread. I was flabbergasted at the Quayle anecdote too.

He always used to be made fun of as not exactly the brightest guy in the room. But he knew better than to try to circumvent a fair election.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

sad you're a doctor and you don't even know where you are.​

ā€˜Itā€™s Embarrassingā€™: Florida Doc Who Confused Capitol For White House Takes Jan. 6 Plea Deal​

Kenneth Kelly, a Florida doctor who entered the U.S. Capitol during the Jan. 6 riot, pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge on Friday as part of a plea deal with the federal government.
Kelly, who texted that he was ā€œInside the White house via breaking in windows,ā€ admitted that he ā€œparaded, demonstrated, and picketed in a Capitol Building.ā€ Three other misdemeanor charges ā€• entering and remaining in a restricted building, disorderly and disruptive conduct, and violent entry and disorderly conduct ā€• will be dropped at Kellyā€™s sentencing as part of a plea deal with the federal government.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score

sad you're a doctor and you don't even know where you are.​

ā€˜Itā€™s Embarrassingā€™: Florida Doc Who Confused Capitol For White House Takes Jan. 6 Plea Deal​

Kenneth Kelly, a Florida doctor who entered the U.S. Capitol during the Jan. 6 riot, pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge on Friday as part of a plea deal with the federal government.
Kelly, who texted that he was ā€œInside the White house via breaking in windows,ā€ admitted that he ā€œparaded, demonstrated, and picketed in a Capitol Building.ā€ Three other misdemeanor charges ā€• entering and remaining in a restricted building, disorderly and disruptive conduct, and violent entry and disorderly conduct ā€• will be dropped at Kellyā€™s sentencing as part of a plea deal with the federal government.

Why are all these fuckers getting off with the lightest touch! They should be pleading to all of the charges with an expectation of some jail time. Not having most charges dropped. No misdemeanors leading to probation BS.

Edd

Itā€™s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Why are all these fuckers getting off with the lightest touch! They should be pleading to all of the charges with an expectation of some jail time. Not having most charges dropped. No misdemeanors leading to probation BS.
Must have something to do with pigmentation šŸ¤”. You know, boys will be (white) boys.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Must have something to do with pigmentation šŸ¤”. You know, boys will be (white) boys.
Oh-so-true! Although weren't there at least 2/3 Black Mango Munchers caught up in the 1/6 riots? I recall at least one dum dum whose family was whining about his being duped into going to the Capitol for Mango.

Edd

Site Donor
Reaction score
Oh-so-true! Although weren't there at least 2/3 Black Mango Munchers caught up in the 1/6 riots? I recall at least one dum dum whose family was whining about his being duped into going to the Capitol for Mango.
Iā€™m unfamiliar with that story. Most of my knowledge comes from the videos (dummies filming themselves committing crimes before posting them on the internet). As a 51 YO privileged white guy, Iā€™m so fucking done with people in my own bracket. Just the biggest pieces of shit imaginable that day.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Iā€™m unfamiliar with that story. Most of my knowledge comes from the videos (dummies filming themselves committing crimes before posting them on the internet). As a 51 YO privileged white guy, Iā€™m so fucking done with people in my own bracket. Just the biggest pieces of shit imaginable that day.
Emanuel Jackson from Maryland. Can't seem to find any updates on his case. He's about 20 and supposedly was one of the first rioters to enter the Capitol building. His family says he's delusional and right-wingers initially claimed he was a plant for ANTIFA before video of him came out. I do know that he was denied bail unlike the vast majority of his white fellow rioters. :unsure:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I guess no one cared about this, maybe it will come up again

giphy.gif

It's one thing when you got a corrupt guy on the inside to pardon your ass for doing stupid shit in their name. It's another when they are out of office, and the FBI would like to have a talk with you.

Remember this from January, before he "disappeared" & reappeared looking to raise money
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1347647000922230784/

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Mike Pence went on Hannity and called media coverage of Jan 6 an attempt to ā€œdemeanā€ the 74 million Americans who voted for Trump. Sorry, does that mean all Trump voters support the violent mob who broke into the Capitol that day? Maybe if they actually found Pence and caused him bodily injury on that day, heā€™d be singing a different tune now. I guess weā€™ll never know.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Man, just imagine if they had gotten all the way in, reached the people they were after and done the things they said they were going to do. What do you suppose the reaction by the public would have been?

Personally, I'd like to see the knucklehead tourist defense attempted in a murder trial.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Man, just imagine if they had gotten all the way in, reached the people they were after and done the things they said they were going to do. What do you suppose the reaction by the public would have been?
Iā€™m not sure anymore. I assumed people would have been appalled at the mob and universally decried it. After all, Trump lost decisively. This was the perfect chance for the GOP to leave this disgusting chapter in the rear-view mirror. Instead, they have doubled down on it, refusing to join the Jan 6 commission, and removing anybody who tells the truth of that day from party leadership.

They disgust me. They have become traitors to their country and seem to be proud of it.

Edd

Site Donor
Reaction score
We just donā€™t have a shared reality anymore. So long as thatā€™s the case, Trump and Pence can admit or deny any reality they please. Facebook will gladly provide said desired reality.

Top Bottom
1 2