Mob storms Capitol

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
There are armed protests all over the country at various capitals.

Now lets imagine if all those protestors were PoC mad about another PoC being killed over a suspected counterfeit bill.

I wonder how those protestors out there right now would feel about it? I wonder if they would ask why those protestors brought guns? 🤔

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1350979348292100098/

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
This woman should have been arrested immediately. It's clear at this point that all of this was deliberate and coordinated.

Twisting in the wind... while investigations continue?

Investigators waiting for one of them to try for "full cooperation in exchange for immunity from prosecution" ??

How would one of them do that anyway? Have a lawyer sidle up to the FBI and ask "Hypothetically speaking, what if I had a client who was willing to talk about how some of what happened got planned or enabled?"

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Twisting in the wind... while investigations continue?

Investigators waiting for one of them to try for "full cooperation in exchange for immunity from prosecution" ??

How would one of them do that anyway? Have a lawyer sidle up to the FBI and ask "Hypothetically speaking, what if I had a client who was willing to talk about how some of what happened got planned or enabled?"
That sounds possible. If a person who committed a nonviolent crime at the scene could implicate an insider within the Capitol police or even a member of Congress, that might capture the attention of a prosecutor....

lizkat

Reaction score
Meanwhile since some former and active law enforcement and at least a few ex-military are known to have been involved in the insurrection itself, it's uncomfortable but necessary for officials to be concerned about internal threats from protectors at the inauguration. As for concerns of the defense department, one hopes they realize there are concerns about them too. What a grotesque nightmare Trump's failed presidency leaves us facing.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1350993796364980225/

iLunar

Power User
Reaction score
Meanwhile since some former and active law enforcement and at least a few ex-military are known to have been involved in the insurrection itself, it's uncomfortable but necessary for officials to be concerned about internal threats from protectors at the inauguration. As for concerns of the defense department, one hopes they realize there are concerns about them too. What a grotesque nightmare Trump's failed presidency leaves us facing.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1350993796364980225/

And what does the vetting look like and who's doing it? I read a report about a person responsible for the vetting of extremism in his police unit was a proud boy. It's alarming.

lizkat

Reaction score
And what does the vetting look like and who's doing it? I read a report about a person responsible for the vetting of extremism in his police unit was a proud boy. It's alarming.

Apparently it's the FBI. They are helping the Secret Service with prep for the inauguration.

lizkat

Reaction score
Next-level cognitive dissonance.

Well they've all been schooled by a master (and his lackeys) to blow past issues like that.

I have to say Mick Mulvaney keeps turning up as a rather unhelpful guy no matter what post he's just climbing down from... or at least that's how Trump's legal counsel would see it if The Don had counsel with any wit.

The insurrection at the Capitol prompted Mick Mulvaney to quit his position as Trump’s special envoy to Northern Ireland. He told CNBC a day after the assault that remaining in the post would prompt people to say “‘Oh yeah, you work for the guy who tried to overtake the government.’”

Meanwhile Mick's niece was among those who had worked on Trump's campaign and were on the paperwork for permits for the demonstrations at the Capitol, or assigned to duties like arranging credentials for VIPs... and she was among Trump aides quickly scrubbing their social media to distance themselves from it all after the insurrection.

The AP’s review found at least three of the Trump campaign aides named on the permit rushed to obscure their connections to the demonstration. They deactivated or locked down their social media profiles, removed tweets that referenced the rally and blocked a reporter who asked questions.

Maggie Mulvaney, a niece of former top Trump aide Mick Mulvaney, is listed on the permit attachment as the “VIP Lead.” She worked as director of finance operations for the Trump campaign, according to her LinkedIn profile. FEC records show Maggie Mulvaney was earning $5,000 every two weeks from Trump’s reelection campaign, with the most recent payment reported on Nov. 13.

Maggie Mulvaney had taken down her Twitter account as of last Monday, although it reappeared after an AP reporter asked her about the account’s removal. On Sunday, the same day the AP published this report, she blocked that AP reporter on Twitter.

The AP reviewed social media posts, voter registrations, court files and other public records for more than 120 people either facing criminal charges related to the Jan. 6 unrest or who, going maskless during the pandemic, were later identified through photographs and videos taken during the melee.

The review found the crowd was overwhelmingly made up of longtime Trump supporters, including Republican Party officials, GOP political donors, far-right militants, white supremacists, off-duty police, members of the military and adherents of the QAnon myth...

Kimberly Fletcher, the Moms for America president, said she wasn’t aware the Trump campaign had a role in the rally at the Ellipse until around New Year’s Day. While she didn’t work directly with the campaign, Fletcher did notice a shift in who was involved in the rally and who would be speaking.

“When I got there and I saw the size of the stage and everything, I’m like, ‘Wow, we couldn’t possibly have afforded that,’” she said. “It was a big stage. It was a very professional stage. I don’t know who was in the background or who put it together or anything.”

In addition to the large stage, the rally on the Ellipse featured a sophisticated sound system and at least three Jumbotron-style screens projecting the president’s image to the crowd. Videos posted online show Trump and his family in a nearby private tent watching the rally on several monitors as music blared in the background.

Moms for America held a more modest “Save the Republic” rally on Jan. 5 near the U.S. Capitol, an event that drew about 500 people and cost between $13,000 to $14,000, according to Fletcher.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
64E85260-D5E9-434E-9E82-450703BE08DD.png

Top Bottom
1 2