monthly theme | april 2022 | black and white

r.harris1

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was in heaven when I discovered the Clarity slider in Lightroom years ago. It was a great way to make images, especially B&W pix, appear more punchy - which was fine for some kinds of street photos I like to make.

But then I discovered the realm of negative Clarity, and liked going there even more. I like the softness it introduces, making some scenes feel a bit ethereal or uncertain, hiding some information and details.
View attachment 12995
I love this and I think that negative clarity is something everyone should explore. Interestingly, looking at the negative of a lot of sliders can be a good thing., I believe we get used to pushing sharpness, saturation, contrast, clarity and whatever else and going the other direction can really push some creative buttons.

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
I love this and I think that negative clarity is something everyone should explore. Interestingly, looking at the negative of a lot of sliders can be a good thing., I believe we get used to pushing sharpness, saturation, contrast, clarity and whatever else and going the other direction can really push some creative buttons.
negative clarity is awesome for those of us over 40 🤣

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
Web_April_09_2022_001-2.jpg

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I've got the color version I'll post in my Vacation/NYC post (it was an amazing sunset, got neat color reflections off the buildings), but I thought this worked well in B&W, kind of amplifies the neat symmetry with the reflection.

And yes, I'm hanging out the window about 20 stories up :D

IMG_1179_1920.jpg

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
is this a double exposure? where did that pattern come from?

No, it's a single exposure.

A guy named Andres Amador creates interesting patterns on beaches using a variety of rakes, brooms, and other tools.. He's very talented.

Try a google image search on Andres Amador. You'll see a bunch of beach patterns that will blow you away.

Attachments

• Andres Amador Ocean Beach.jpg
    Andres Amador Ocean Beach.jpg
    516.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Andres Rakes.jpg
    Andres Rakes.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Andres Drone.jpg
    Andres Drone.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Top Bottom