monthly theme | june 2022 | iphoneography

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
Totally forgot to start a new monthly theme thread...we've talked behind the scenes as to whether these should be monthly or weekly...what is the take of the members?

Welcome to the monthly theme thread!

Each month a new theme will be posted for us to explore. This is not a competition, and you are welcome to post as many photos as you like throughout the month (this rule may be amended in the future depending on the level of participation). You may use any gear you like: phone, digital camera, film, etc. The idea of this thread is to focus on a technique or theme and grow with it over the course of the month. There will be no voting or winners.

You are welcome to ask for constructive criticism for any of your photos, but please do not offer it unless asked. This is a safe space just for sharing. However, discussing techniques or shooting experiences is highly encouraged. Ideally photos posted each month will also be shot during that month (ie, new photos), however, this is not a hard and fast rule as I know we have people with varying schedules and in different parts of the world, which may preclude certain themes throughout the year. Please feel free to include archived photos if you cannot manage to take a new photo throughout the month.

Please note the following:
  • All work must be your own
  • All photos must be Safe For Work
  • Exif data is appreciated, but not required (please include if you are asking for CC)
This month's theme is iphoneography. Please share work from whatever phone you happen to carry (or have carried in the past).

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
Also, I have trouble attaching photos from my phone that are shot in the vertical format. Does that happen to anyone else, and is there a work around? Seems kind of dumb to send it to my computer first to post, but that's the only way I've ever been able to figure it out. Also happens on MR, so I think it's a forum based issue, not a specific website issue.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I believe this is from an iPhone X, but it could have been from a 6+.

194132608_10222935815798626_5122487907779688674_n-1.jpg

r.harris1

Site Donor
Reaction score
IMG_0035 (1).jpeg

iPhone X (my current), walk along York city walls. This was on our last trip to the UK in 2019. We typically go at least once per year, obviously the last couple of years have been "challenging". We're heading to London in July for the first time since. Can't wait (Rail strikes, industrial action an all)!

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
View attachment 15106
iPhone X (my current), walk along York city walls. This was on our last trip to the UK in 2019. We typically go at least once per year, obviously the last couple of years have been "challenging". We're heading to London in July for the first time since. Can't wait (Rail strikes, industrial action an all)!
iphone photos always do well with skies without any extra work in post.

Top Bottom
1 2