More alleged iPhone 14 leaks

D

Deleted member 215

The cameras are already quite remarkable; I'm not sure how much better they need to be. I'll admit I'm not at all interested in 8K, but I do like the idea of more megapixels to allow for a greater zoom. Being stuck at 12 is definitely one way the iPhone camera can improve, though for my personal use cases, the camera is already at peak capability.

fischersd

Meh
Reaction score
I suspect my 13 mini is the last one in that form factor. Just not enough market demand for the smaller phone. I'm sure there's lots of us that want the "Pro Max" features, but without holding a tablet in your hand....*sigh*

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
They can make all the sensor improvements they want but in the end they can't replace a real lens without adding serious bulk. I don't see how this ever works for a mobil device without external attachments of some kind.

Would you like to see the 15 Pro designed to have some sort of practical attachment structure so that you could put a high-quality lens on it? Seems like that could be a serious selling point.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Would you like to see the 15 Pro designed to have some sort of practical attachment structure so that you could put a high-quality lens on it? Seems like that could be a serious selling point.
Serious lens wouldnā€™t help much without a serious sensor.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I have an XR, which is not 5G-capable so of course at least in theory puts me in market to upgrade.

I have more or less given up hope that someone at Apple might figure that not everyone gives a darn about professional or anywhere near-professional cameras on a smartphone. Apple has decided to go with apparently wide interest in better cams, so that has become "what we need next" :cool: and that's what they're going to keep trying to improve on.

So I don't expect anything like a simple, casual "oh, and there's a camera on the thing too")..... and so I don't have a lot of enthusiasm about the next grand rollout of yet another flagship iPhone that weighs more and costs more and exceeds my needs.

If I had ever wanted to pay close to a thousand bucks for a phone, I've already done that anyway, and it's the XR, bought for the same reason I had bought my previous one, a 5C, namely that i was getting too far behind the tech curve on the non-camera aspects of a smartphone.

This time around, an iPhone upgrade for me will be strictly about getting a signal. After 30 years waiting for "a cell tower to come over the mountain," we around here realize that 5G is not that exactly but it works way better than the big towers 20 miles away for those already experiencing 5G in the area, and it's almost here now too at last, thanks to T-mobile, so hallelujah.

Meanwhile I will opt for the 5G-capable SE, not because I'm so fond of the smaller screen any more but simply because I will like to have 5G capability as soon as coverage expands here. However other Apple shoppers may view the SE's camera specs, that's not my own focus at all.

I do love using the larger real estate and gorgeous screen of the XR as a WiFi only device, and will continue to use it for now over WiFi calling... since the 4G LTE one-to-zero bar coverage around here is termed "spotty" even by the carriers, in this longstanding 400 square mile dead zone.

So if I were a camera fanatic, I'd doubtless be at least a candidate for an iPhone 14. But I'll be fine with the SE instead, look forward to making phone calls in power outages without having to put on snow boots and a damn parka and climbing up to the haymow of a barn...

I can meanwhile also replace my aging iPad mini 4 with the money saved by skipping the iPhone 13 or 14 in favor of the current SE, using also a trade-in of the mini 4, for which Apple offers me $125. Usually I'd keep the older tablet for awhile or hand it down to a neighbor, but this time I'm keen on getting newer gear in both phone and tablet categories... while still favoring my grocery habits. šŸ˜‹

Andropov

Site Champ
Reaction score
Iā€™m not sad for me, but my wife needs to replace her iPhone X and an iphone 14 mini probably would have been our preference. I guess that despite how much the iphone twitter crowd chatters about the mini, they donā€™t sell well.
Yeah, I don't want the mini for myself either. It's just nice that it exists. Most people I know feel the same way, I guess that explains the poor sales.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
The cameras are already quite remarkable; I'm not sure how much better they need to be. I'll admit I'm not at all interested in 8K, but I do like the idea of more megapixels to allow for a greater zoom. Being stuck at 12 is definitely one way the iPhone camera can improve, though for my personal use cases, the camera is already at peak capability.

Yeah... Other than the lens flare issue (which *could* be fixed with a non-reflective bump and lens barrel), I'm pretty much happy with my 12 and its capabilities. It has the lens focal lengths that work for me and resolution. A little better low light capability would be nice. But I put solving the lens flare issue a much higher priority. A 6+, X, and a 12 have worked fine for me over the last seven or so years as my regular camera.

I have other "real" cameras and lenses should I need the creamy bokeh of an f/1.4 lens for another engaged stranger/street portraiture project. For that I might consider a Sony Gen 3 RX1R should one come out with a 35mm f/2.0 (or faster) lens.

Top Bottom
1 2