More Trump Hitler comparisons

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Okay: I did query the premise of this thread, when it started (largely because so many of the comparisons usually made with AH are tediously predictable, intellectually lazy and all too clichéd).

But, I will concede that I am getting a bit of a weird vibe of The Bunker in Berlin circa March-April 1945 (the brilliant movie Downfall comes to mind, but I have read an embarrassing number of biographies of That Man, and histories of That Era, so am quite cognisant of the specifically surreal dysfunction of this stuff) from the White House of Mr Trump at the moment.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Okay: I did query the premise of this thread, when it started (largely because so many of the comparisons usually made with AH are tediously predictable, intellectually lazy and all too clichéd).

But, I will concede that I am getting a bit of a weird vibe of The Bunker in Berlin circa March-April 1945 (the brilliant movie Downfall comes to mind, but I have read an embarrassing number of biographies of That Man, and histories of That Era, so am quite cognisant of the specifically surreal dysfunction of this stuff) from the White House of Mr Trump at the moment.

That gauzy little covid victory video he put up of his trip back from Walter Reed hospital? It can read like parody, it's so absurd, but it's pure propaganda. So, it's chilling, or should be.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1313267143232942081/

I can maybe see a more lighthearted prez making a true parody clip something like that after getting whisked away to WR to get his arm set in a cast after a too rambunctious game of hoops. "Check out how they cater to a klutz on the court!" -- but he'd show any available shots of the actual moment of vulnerability as well... a sly elbow out, missing, landing on the floor...

But Trump has no sense of humor, see. So what was that clip all about? Was it for his rally fans? Hell no. Just another vain attempt to fill that achingly empty hole inside of him. There's no there there. It would be sad, if the infuriatingly narcissistic mofo weren't what he is, which is an entirely incompetent and by now extremely dangerous president of the USA.

He's mostly dangerous because the Republican Party let itself be hijacked by him in the interests of their own agendas. They saw a dupe and a usefully malleable idiot. But so did some other players, and we don't even know for sure who they all are. And they watch while he now runs out his clock with idle fantasies of supreme power, glory, adulation. God help us if he is re-elected "somehow".

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
That gauzy little covid victory video he put up of his trip back from Walter Reed hospital? It can read like parody, it's so absurd, but it's pure propaganda. So, it's chilling, or should be.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1313267143232942081/

I can maybe see a more lighthearted prez making a true parody clip something like that after getting whisked away to WR to get his arm set in a cast after a too rambunctious game of hoops. "Check out how they cater to a klutz on the court!" -- but he'd show any available shots of the actual moment of vulnerability as well... a sly elbow out, missing, landing on the floor...

But Trump has no sense of humor, see. So what was that clip all about? Was it for his rally fans? Hell no. Just another vain attempt to fill that achingly empty hole inside of him. There's no there there. It would be sad, if the infuriatingly narcissistic mofo weren't what he is, which is an entirely incompetent and by now extremely dangerous president of the USA.

He's mostly dangerous because the Republican Party let itself be hijacked by him in the interests of their own agendas. They saw a dupe and a usefully malleable idiot. But so did some other players, and we don't even know for sure who they all are. And they watch while he now runs out his clock with idle fantasies of supreme power, glory, adulation. God help us if he is re-elected "somehow".
If not Hitler, Mussolini? What we saw with Trump emerging from Walter Reed was surreal. The image that he has of himself should shake you. I wonder how many of the little Trumpettes were jumping excitedly clapping? That should be enough to scare the shit out of you. 😬

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1313256360218255361/

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
If not Hitler, Mussolini? What we saw with Trump emerging from Walter Reed was surreal. The imagine that he has of himself should shake you. I wonder how many of the little Trumpettes were jumping excitedly clapping? That should be enough to scare the shit out of you. 😬

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1313256360218255361/

Oh, yes: The aesthetics of the classic - and almost laughably clichéd - image of an Authoritarian Autocrat, or Leader, or Dictator, are all present and correct here: Shot from below, three quarters profile, jutting jaw (supposed to denote strength and manliness), compressed lips, stern expression.

lizkat

Reaction score
It's obvious to me the Republican party doesn't have a grip on Trump at all now (else they'd have certainly quarantined his tweetbox in a closet somewhere, as soon as he was taken off to Walter Reed, and he would not have it in hand right now either).

The party leadership, where are they on this sort of stuff?

McConnell, Graham... in fights for their own Senate seats, and trying to whip a count for Barrett to be seated on SCOTUS... meanwhile the Supreme Superspreader is running a president for life fantasy (and spread confusion to try in advance to nullify the election). These moves he sees as only alternative to his monumental financial and legal issues after January... and the WH staffers just go along because it's that or else walk the plank early.

So clearly the Cabinet and the GOP party leaders are remiss in not having applied 25A section 4 by now. But no, instead we get to see a world class narcissist unravel in full public view. It's shameful and dangerous.

A bunch of someones are in fact running the government as usual during Trump's long running incompetence and disdain for actual responsibility, but we don't know who they are nor whom to hold accountable for errors of commission or omission. But we know Trump's past holding to account ever since his acquittal by the GOP-run Senate, so now it's essentially the GOP itself starring in this broke down circus. Yet they still don't see it?

The GOP starring in a broke down circus.jpg

But they still don't see it?.jpg

lizkat

Reaction score
Trump's latest gig is pure rage at the failure of the Biden laptop gig even to get fullblown media coverage before it was pronounced not only fake but the subject of an FBI investigation as to sources, methods and enablers.... so he doubles down on that now by engaging in fascist tell #893, attempting to criminalize any and all perceived or real political opponents, most certainly including that uppity free press. Here he's really losing it..

Top Bottom
1 2