More Trump Hitler comparisons

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Other than the recent denouncing of violence from his opponent’s side while giving the violence of his supporters a free pass. Watched a documentary on Hitler’s career and he was notoriously lazy at doing any actual work and frequently needed rallies and public appearances to refuel his energy and ego. Also members of his inner circle were often subjected to long rambling ideological monologues for hours on end during what would be considered casual hangout time.

But hey, he’s not gassing Jews. So I guess you can’t make any comparisons whatsoever because you know on day one of his dictatorship he was gassing Jews and launching WWII. No years’ long build-up or red flags before getting there. Nope. Just dropped out of the sky without warning.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
Also members of his inner circle were often subjected to long rambling ideological monologues for hours on end during what would be considered casual hangout time.

so was Churchill. Trump also begins the day in an unstructured manner, like Churchill, and he insults people, like Churchill (Hitler was nice to his people).
Is trump the new Churchill? Sorry but this thread is dumb. You can find parallels with anyone if you look closely. I guess that now I can finally say that all dog owners that are vegetarian are literally Hitler.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
This is one of my favorites:

It's not that Trump accepts the donations - they weren't even big enough to notice. It's the type of person drawn to him and wanting to donate.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
so was Churchill. Trump also begins the day in an unstructured manner, like Churchill, and he insults people, like Churchill (Hitler was nice to his people).
Is trump the new Churchill? Sorry but this thread is dumb. You can find parallels with anyone if you look closely. I guess that now I can finally say that all dog owners that are vegetarian are literally Hitler.

Was Churchill also demonizing half the political country, minorities, and a specific religion?

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
Was Churchill also demonizing half the political country, minorities, and a specific religion?

Kind of. He wasn't a nice guy, he had very serious issues with the rights of women (including the right to vote), he wasn't really that friendly to India, hated Gandhi's guts, he bombed his own allies, and more.
But again, I am pretty sure that if I look closely I can find similarities between Trump and Salvador Dali'.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
They were also both picked as Time Magazine’s man/person of the year!
1938 and 2016...

Yes but we all were picked! We all are Hitler!

CF995796-D8F4-4280-8326-1B8E99B08F10.jpeg

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Kind of. He wasn't a nice guy, he had very serious issues with the rights of women (including the right to vote), he wasn't really that friendly to India, hated Gandhi's guts, he bombed his own allies, and more.
But again, I am pretty sure that if I look closely I can find similarities between Trump and Salvador Dali'.

Didn’t Churchill come into the picture shortly before WW2 or when it started? Way different political circumstances.

I’m not under any delusion that Trump is going to start a Muslim genocide or start a territorial conquest war. I’m saying his behavior, rhetoric, fanning the flames of internal intolerance and violence, and claiming he is the only one who can fix it is eerily similar to Hitler before it got to that. Luckily we have our other branches of government to keep him in check but he’s constantly challenging that and it seems politicians in the party of Trump are continually not pushing back and see Trump as the party’s savior.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
Didn’t Churchill come into the picture shortly before WW2 or when it started? Way different political circumstances.

Not really. Churchill became famous due to his intervention in the Boer War. His father was already a member of parliament, etc. and he used to write opinion pieces - some inflammatory - for several newspapers. He was also first admiral, he was very involved in WWI etc. Quite an interesting historical figure if you ask me!

I’m not under any delusion that Trump is going to start a Muslim genocide or start a territorial conquest war.

If anything, I'd say he has been the least expansionist among the US presidents I've seen in my life.

I’m saying his behavior, rhetoric, fanning the flames of internal intolerance and violence, and claiming he is the only one who can fix it is eerily similar to Hitler before it got to that.

I've never seen a politician that is candidate for the highest job in the land not proclaiming that they are the ones that can fix whatever is perceived as a problem. Biden is not running on a "someone will fix it" campaign.

Luckily we have our other branches of government to keep him in check but he’s constantly challenging that and it seems politicians in the party of Trump are continually not pushing back and see Trump as the party’s savior.

While I obviously disagree on your evaluation of Trump, here you're spot on in general. As Scalia said, "structure is destiny." This is why I never think that Armageddon is close. I remember that when Obama was elected many on the right proclaimed the end of the American democracy. When Trump was elected many on the left proclaimed the end of the American democracy. Whoever is going to be the next president, the other side will say that it's the end of the United States of America and so on. This is not to say that a President - or a strong political figure in general - can't cause damages, but ultimately I believe in the law of the pendulum; things will go back to a more "normal" situation and this is not due to the people but mainly due to the structure of the system.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
This is not to say that a President - or a strong political figure in general - can't cause damages, but ultimately I believe in the law of the pendulum; things will go back to a more "normal" situation and this is not due to the people but mainly due to the structure of the system.

I wouldn't put blanket faith in the hope of the system maintaining order when it's the system itself that's under attack.

Compared to all other presidents in recent history, Trump is something of an outre outlier. We're not exactly sure how our government will have changed in response to his actings over time, and have already seen it strain under his load to the point of breaking in the short term.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
You only think it's dumb because it's your guy he's comparing Hitler to. The similarities, from anyone looking at this realistically, are really quite striking.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
You only think it's dumb because it's your guy he's comparing Hitler to. The similarities, from anyone looking at this realistically, are really quite striking.

No, I didn't like when they did it to Obama, or Bush, or Clinton (including Hillary), or anyone else. Let's stop this bullshit. Hitler was Hitler, Stalin was Stalin, Churchill was Churchill, and yaxo is yaxo. Yes, we can learn from history, and we can learn from historical figures, but history doesn't repeat like that, and I do find this type of parallels very superficial - and annoying.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
I wouldn't put blanket faith in the hope of the system maintaining order when it's the system itself that's under attack.

Compared to all other presidents in recent history, Trump is something of an outre outlier. We're not exactly sure how our government will have changed in response to his actings over time, and have already seen it strain under his load to the point of breaking in the short term.

An outlier you say, yet Obama and Bush spied on more americans than anybody else (in the case of Obama even his own allies), and they were more expansionists in foreign policy than trump. I don't think that Trump is that much an outlier (he is in the tones).

Last edited:

Renzatic

Reaction score

The problem is that all politics lie on a narrow spectrum, and no one can do anything that the Nazis, the Soviets, or Taliban haven't done themselves at some point.

Rather than fall victim to "Everyone I Don't Like is Hitler" accusations, it's better to say that Trump has some stark authoritarian tendencies, and leave it at that.

That can’t be right, I have two testicles?!?!

Just two? I have, like, 10.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
The tendencies are all there, I don't think anyone believes Trump would ever gas millions of his own people (outside of trying to show off a picture of yourself in front a church holding an upside down Bible backwards) but as far as feeding on the energy of the crowds and the rallies go, it's right inline with him. Sure, all presidents have rallies but it truly deflates Trump when that's taken away from him.

Renzatic

Reaction score
An outlier you say, yet Obama and Bush spied on more americans than anybody else (in the case of Obama even his own allies), and they were more expansionists in foreign policy than trump. I don't think that Trump is that much an outlier (he is in the tones).

You could make the argument that what Bush and Obama did with the Patriot Act was an abuse of the spirit of the law, they still tried keeping to the letter of it, followed the usual procedures, working with congress, and maintaining at least lip service to the Constitution. Trump's doing whatever he wants, openly circumventing the Constitution at times, and the usual checks and balances used to hold other presidents accountable aren't there for him, because our congressmen are too concerned with the wellbeing of their careers to do anything about it.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
You could make the argument that what Bush and Obama did with the Patriot Act was an abuse of the spirit of the law, they still tried keeping to the letter of it, followed the usual procedures, working with congress, and maintaining at least lip service to the Constitution.

Not sure that Snowden would agree... not sure that Iraq/Lybia would agree. But to each their own.

Trump's doing whatever he wants, openly circumventing the Constitution at times, and the usual checks and balances used to hold other presidents accountable aren't there for him, because our congressmen are too concerned with the wellbeing of their careers to do anything about it.

Congress is a mess, I give you that, but it seems to me that each move Trump does all hell explodes (rightfully or not). But I won't defend Trump on this either; power is power.

But even then, comparisons with Hitler are a bit too much.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
On this subject, I am wholly in agreement with @yaxomoxay & to some extent, with @Renzatic.

Mr Trump - whom I deeply detest, as a man, and as a president, - is not Adolf Hitler, (and, in an earlier life, I used to teach modern European history, thus, I have some passing knowledge of the subject matter under discussion), and to suggest he is, is frankly, profoundly ahistorical, and runs the risk of Godwinning the thread.

Renzatic

Reaction score
...but as far as feeding on the energy of the crowds and the rallies go, it's right inline with him. Sure, all presidents have rallies but it truly deflates Trump when that's taken away from him.

It is kinda sad to think that Trump's doing so much damage not because he personally believes in the causes he extols, but because he knows that's what his crowds want to hear, and the likes the sounds of them cheering his name.

Lets not forget, at one time, Trump was a pro-choice Democrat planning to run on their ticket in 2004.

Top Bottom
1 2