More Trump Hitler comparisons

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
You know, let me amend this. Trump is now suggesting that people vote twice. Barr, without any proof, is portraying mail-in voting as reckless and dangerous.

Between that and slowing the mail, they are interfering with the election to a degree I wouldn’t have thought possible, one which probably exceeds Putin’s fondest wet dream.

After all this, I don’t see how you don’t charge both Trump and Barr with attempted election fraud. 😡 They need to go to jail or our justice system is a hollow mockery.
Wolf really hammered him on this, normally Barr (no matter how you feel about him) is a smart person with pretty well thought out replies. However, Wolf had him stammering on basic questions about whether or not this was legal, which it clearly is not. That interview did not go well for him at all.

Citizenzen

Power User
Reaction score
Wolf really hammered him on this, normally Barr (no matter how you feel about him) is a smart person with pretty well thought out replies. However, Wolf had him stammering on basic questions about whether or not this was legal, which it clearly is not. That interview did not go well for him at all.

Barr’s replies these days are, “I didn’t hear that,” followed by “what do you think is so wrong with that?”

Gee Bill, I don’t know. What could possibly be wrong about the president encouraging citizens to commit federal crime by voting multiple times? We already know he can convince his minions to drink bleach.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
"It is illegal to vote twice in an election," said Karen Brinson Bell, executive director of the North Carolina State Board of Elections. Bell said state law made it a "Class I felony" for a voter, "with intent to commit a fraud to register or vote at more than one precinct or more than one time ... in the same primary or election."
"Attempting to vote twice in an election or soliciting someone to do so also is a violation of North Carolina law," Brinson Bell added.
Link. My bold.

So right there, before the whole country, Trump has committed a felony.

What’s the phrase I’m looking for? Lock him up?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
You know, let me amend this. Trump is now suggesting that people vote twice. Barr, without any proof, is portraying mail-in voting as reckless and dangerous.

Between that and slowing the mail, they are interfering with the election to a degree I wouldn’t have thought possible, one which probably exceeds Putin’s fondest wet dream.

After all this, I don’t see how you don’t charge both Trump and Barr with attempted election fraud. 😡 They need to go to jail or our justice system is a hollow mockery.

When asked why Russia would even want to interfere in our elections the more intelligent response is to undermine our faith in our democracy. I think it’s safe to say that Russia can now sit this one out because nobody is being more proactive and vocal about undermining our democracy or faith in it than Trump.

I think his presidency should end with a week of victim impact statements on CSPAN.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Link. My bold.

So right there, before the whole country, Trump has committed a felony.

What’s the phrase I’m looking for? Lock him up?
Not his first in the last 4 years, yet as a Nation we have our heads too far up our asses to do anything about it. Maybe we finally will in 60 days. I wish there was a reality were the MAGA people could suffer and truly learn under the full unhindered malfeasance of Thump in their own little hell, while the rest of us washed our hands of him.

U

User.45

Barr’s replies these days are, “I didn’t hear that,” followed by “what do you think is so wrong with that?”

Gee Bill, I don’t know. What could possibly be wrong about the president encouraging citizens to commit federal crime by voting multiple times? We already know he can convince his minions to drink bleach.
He kindly repeated this idea just to make it harder to explain away. Too bad Wolf didn't show him both of the footages. It would have been very difficult to explain. Though Barr is cynical AF. As I said, he from reflex was ready to counter even the fact that he's AG. Tells a lot about his baseline attitude.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
People should stop complaining about the comparisons with Nazis when they see this:

U

User.45

People should stop complaining about the comparisons with Nazis when they see this:

These are very serious accusations. Very, very very very very serious accusations.
Also, I'm definitely not a gynecologist, but you don't have to remove the whole ovary to remove a cyst. Many cysts require no surgical intervention whatsoever.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I saw that today and it floored me. (Not surprised that the lowest knowledge was in the south, though.)

You know, two of my grandkids are 11 and 7, and we talked about world wars a few months ago. At the time I wondered if it wasn't a little early for me to be getting into the subject, especially with my younger one. Now I'm glad I did.

I didn't go the whole nine yards (torture and experimentation), but I did tell them millions were killed. If that leaves a deep impression on their minds...good. I want them to know--and I used these words--that Nazis were the most evil bastards in modern (maybe all) history.

Never forget.

U

User.45

I saw that today and it floored me. (Not surprised that the lowest knowledge was in the south, though.)

You know, two of my grandkids are 11 and 7, and we talked about world wars a few months ago. At the time I wondered if it wasn't a little early for me to be getting into the subject, especially with my younger one. Now I'm glad I did.

I didn't go the whole nine yards (torture and experimentation), but I did tell them millions were killed. If that leaves a deep impression on their minds...good. I want them to know--and I used these words--that Nazis were the most evil bastards in modern (maybe all) history.

Never forget.
Once they are old enough to grasp the concept(s) of death, they are old enough to hear about the atrocities of nazis and war in general. I'd add that Japan did make a serious bid on war crimes themselves, hearing about the raping of Nanking made me sick to my stomach. And let's be frank dropping atom bombs on cities were also crimes against humanity. That said, we also need to make sure not to blame the descendants. We have a shared responsibility not to repeat ANY of this.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Once they are old enough to grasp the concept(s) of death, they are old enough to hear about the atrocities of nazis and war in general. I'd add that Japan did make a serious bid on war crimes themselves, hearing about the raping of Nanking made me sick to my stomach. And let's be frank dropping atom bombs on cities were also crimes against humanity. That said, we also need to make sure not to blame the descendants. We have a shared responsibility not to repeat ANY of this.
I’m not defending nuking WWII Japan, however I’ll ask for historical perspective:
  • Is bombing cities in all out war a war crime?
  • Is fire bombing a city a war crime?
  • Of note, the office line is that Japan would have defended it’s homeland vigorously in a conventional landing, resulting in up to a million allied deaths.
  • Now from a modern perspective, if your civilization is threatened by a foreign power, would it be reasonable to do what it takes to defend yourself to neutralize the threat?

U

User.45

I’m not defending nuking WWII Japan, however I’ll ask for historical perspective:
  • Is bombing cities in all out war a war crime?
  • Is fire bombing a city a war crime?
  • Of note, the office line is that Japan would have defended it’s homeland vigorously in a conventional landing, resulting in up to a million allied deaths.
  • Now from a modern perspective, if your civilization is threatened by a foreign power, would it be reasonable to do what it takes to defend yourself to neutralize the threat?

These are good questions, but if we had perfect answers to them, we would live in a Utopia:)
That said, I absolutely believe the notion that Japan would not have capitulated if it took regular direct warfare.
Regardless, the reason that nuking Hiroshima and Nagasaki isn't considered a crime, because the USA won the war.
I still consider the USA absolutely the good guys on the European scene. And I have a lot of respect for WWII vets.

We all have our baggage. Including Japan. It's such a weird thing walking through those beautiful Shintoist gardens/monuments in Tokyo, which serve are an eternal heavenly resting place for fallen Japanese soldiers, many of whom responsible for unspeakable atrocities against Chinese civilians. Yet, I don't think I have a moral high ground to judge these people for respecting and honoring their dead. All I can do is acknowledge the ambiguity and teach my children to value peace and understand the horrors of war.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Make sure to report this Tweet, it's suggesting voter suppression ...

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1313136308152401922/

Info on legitimate poll watcher qualifications, duties, limits, etc.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Make sure to report this Tweet, it's suggesting voter suppression ...

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1313136308152401922/

Info on legitimate poll watcher qualifications, duties, limits, etc.

They discussed poll watching this morning on NPR:
  • You have to register and be requested.
  • You stand in the corner and observe.
  • You have zero authority to take any action other than report a violation to the manager of the voting location.
  • A violation might be wearing a shirt that says vote Biden or Trump.
This idea as painted by Trump is just part of his plot to undermine the election results when he loses. It’s as if a poll watcher would observe a conspiracy of people stuffing ballots. What else could be seen? It’s not as if poll watchers get to look over people’s shoulders as they vote. My understanding is that most of the election officials are volunteers from both parties so this scenario is unlikely.

Last edited:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
@Huntn

Right, trump is making it sound like some kind of militia group, where dozens of people can just storm into a voting location, stand around, ask questions, etc., without any of the protocol/procedures you've outlined (also covered in my link above).

That's crazy - and honestly,I can't image it's even legal to incite such activity, especially as the president.

If someone not properly authorized tries to "poll watch" me, they're going to be doing it through two black eyes ...

Top Bottom
1 2