Moving forward - Democratic Party

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
In this election, it looks the Democrats did very well among young voters, in urban areas, and improved in the suburbs of America. They got crushed in rural parts of America.

I don’t know about “Latino” voters because I think the bully pulpit of Trump calling Biden a communist scared Cubans and others who lived under oppressive communist regimes. In 4 years they will realize that Biden clearly is NOT a communist, and perhaps they will swing the other way.

How can Democrats improve in rural areas? Will today‘s young voters keep voting each year? Will they stay with the Democratic Party?

What do you think the Democrats can do to attract more voters in the future?

U

User.45

I don’t know about “Latino” voters because I think the bully pulpit of Trump calling Biden a communist scared Cubans and others who lived under oppressive communist regimes. In 4 years they will realize that Biden clearly is NOT a communist, and perhaps they will swing the other way.
Honestly, I think it's the kids of people who lived under communism. Those who actually did live under communism would know how ridiculous those claims are.

I lived in rural midwest before. It was literally the worst experience of my life. It was so bad we moved after 6 months. Once I saw a woodchuck road kill on the side of the road..I watched it bloat over days, and then one day I saw that someone skinned it, took the fur but left the carcass on the side of the road (no exaggeration). These people hardly left their county and most of them have never left their state. These are the mofos who show off their shitty trucks and try to OWN you by blowing their cars exhaust in your face. So much malignant ignorance. Crabs in a barrel. All they care about is to make your life as miserable as theirs...even if they end up hurting themselves more in the process.

Of course, the solution is to provide better resources to these communities, and widen their perspectives. One thing is certain, I prefer to stay out of it. I just feel bad for the people who manage to remain lovely and maintain a wide perspective in that environment. They'd deserve better.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Here is a part of what 'Black' Twitter sees when it comes to this election

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1324146048466522112/

It isn't just about appealing to groups who before didn't have the stones to tell you to 'kick rocks' before. After 4 years of 45 they aren't afraid to NOW tell you they want things to stay the way it was. You aren't appealing to that group, they will always find an excuse for why they can't vote democrat.

I had to laugh when I saw a tweet response to someone who was surprised things were so close, and their answer for why was, "If the dems hadn't run such a bad candidate". Please from the love of pete, someone tell me what friggin candidate that isn't already lining up to be a republican presidential candidate could the dems run for these people? There isn't.

What you do focus on is all those people who risked their literal health during the BLM protests. You honor the faith you've asked from Black women for decades. You step up for those young people who were so motivated by what they've seen for the last 4 years. Stop trying to thread the corporate needle. Eventually the dems whether they like or not have to meet the progressives on some of the things they are demanding. Yes we know it's third rail material for some, but guess what. BIDEN was third rail material for some! No more trotting Bernie out for energizing the crowd just to disappoint, then tell the crowd the real choice dems always wanted. At some point the dem party is going to have to keep their word to PoC, LGBTQA, women and listen. Otherwise when they get fed up, it will make the next run look like a massacre, while a third party is seriously considered. Thus splitting the vote for liberals for quite some time as conservatives look on happily.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The DNC needs a brand expert. The Rs who currently just want to “own the libs” don’t give a damn about what either party has to offer. A slick brand campaign outside of an election might help straighten out some misconceptions.

Top Bottom
1 2