MacRumors MR Moderators blatantly support misogyny

Anything about MacRumors

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
There is a thread over at MR about the recently hired-then-fired fellow at Apple. He made some misogynistic comments in a book he wrote. Anyway, the MR rules forbid group slurs (I know, I got banned for making generalized statements about Trump supporters)... so I reported this:

Here was my report:

“ That’s pretty funny, because his assessment of women in the Bay Area and California in general is spot on - maybe such a vacuous group of people should take their faces out of their mocha lattes and open a book or two.”

This post insults all women in the Bay Area and California, but for some reason, no moderation action was considered necessary. All women in the state of CA are not vacuous. This seems like a blatant violation of the rules to me.
Their completely unbelievable response:
If a user posts something like "all women are vacuous" or "woman er vacuous," the comment wouldn't be permitted under our rules.

If however a user posts an assessment of a subgroup (women in the Bay Area and California, in this case), the comment is not a violation under our rules.

In future, please include a link to the post you reported when asking for a review of moderation.

-Steve

Oh ok then. So here’s stuff they should be ok with under this interpretation, since they are “subgroups” to them:

“Women from Palestine are terrorists”
“Israeli women are ugly”
“African men are criminals”
“American men are racists”
“Women from Mexico in the US are all illegals trying to have anchor babies”
“African women don’t care about their kids”

Last edited:

AutomaticApple

Site Champ
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
There is a thread over at MR about the recently hired-then-fired fellow at Apple. He made some misogynistic comments in a book he wrote. Anyway, the MR rules forbid group slurs (I know, I got banned for making generalized statements about Trump supporters)... so I reported this:

Here was my report:

Oh ok then. So here’s stuff they are ok with under this interpretation, since they are “subgroups” to them:

“Israeli women are ugly”
MR moderation fails again! As per usual...

I'm surprised that Weaselboy or General Michael Flynn didn't take the call...

P_X

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Site Donor
Reaction score

Here was my report:

Oh ok then. So here’s stuff they should be ok with under this interpretation, since they are “subgroups” to them:

“Israeli women are ugly”
You don't understand. You need to use a word Steve would need a dictionary for. like obtuse or meshugah or vacuous + geographical area for this is limited.

P_X

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Site Donor
Reaction score

Here was my report:

“Israeli women are ugly”

This guy is trash, BTW. I wouldn't want his narcisistic ass in my company:
To a woman, every girlfriend of mine has been intelligent, ambitious, and independent. Until very recently, all were vastly more successful and wealthier than me. And yet, come the pressing hour of physical need, so unfolded the countless boudoir scenes recalling Fragonard’s Le Verrou: a ravished chambermaid, half resisting and half yielding, violently seized in the arms of her predatory lover, who slams shut the bolt on the bedroom door. The backdrop to the tryst turned relationship was a modest bungalow fixer-upper that British Trader had bought, taking advantage of a corporate relocation package.
...She was an imposing, broad-shouldered presence, six feet tall in bare feet, and towering over me in heels. Most women in the Bay Area are soft and weak, cosseted and naive despite their claims of worldliness, and generally full of shit. They have their self- regarding entitlement feminism, and ceaselessly vaunt their independence, but the reality is, come the epidemic plague or foreign invasion, they’d become precisely the sort of useless baggage you’d trade for a box of shotgun shells or a jerry can of diesel.

This guy tries to be an edgelord so hard...:D

thekev

Site Champ
Reaction score
Got it!

Just specify the subgroup of “Trump supporters on MacRumors“ in the future.

Yep... just put a box around it. That way the post can be both moderated and unmoderated. I'm wondering at what point in time these guys imagine they could state anything at all without fear of social repercussion.

I would point out that this isn't just a matter of being prejudiced against women. This guy also clearly lacks self respect.

Of course, it was British Trader, stopping by the yard to check randomly on my progress. Given there was only one large boatyard for serious refitting in the East Bay, meeting her recent beau wasn’t a completely improbable coincidence. Weirded out by my bonding with her ex, she decided to end the budding romance. But then a week later she changed her mind. I had brunch with her and her female confidante. On my finest social behavior, I passed muster with her friend.

Last edited:

Renzatic

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
It was during my fifth day at sea that I came upon the realization that all women are scandalous harlots. I confided my opinions to a close advisor, a certain Mr. Tillsbury of East Warwhickshire, and he heartily agreed with the conclusions I presented with a forthwith vigour I found quite pleasing. "Oh, verily," he ejaculated with his usual swarthy verbal gait, "the modern women of our day, as in this time as of this very moment, do lack certain societal de rigueurs."

Top Bottom