MacRumors MR Site Feedback Forum non-mod Police

Anything about MacRumors

Eric

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
There's an exclusive group of people who have no affiliation with MR site staff who lie in wait to pounce on anyone who dare question either the site or their moderation. Not going to drop any names but the three stooges comes to mind. They will never ever disagree with a decision staff makes, whether imposing infractions, site changes, etc. even though some of them have also been penalized themselves.

Anytime someone makes a post of any kind, they respond almost immediately speaking on behalf of MR no matter what the complaint or observation may be, you will always be wrong. The level of ass kissing as they buck for a moderator position is frankly embarrassing and cringeworthy. Feel free to have a look yourself and if anyone wants to prove me wrong on these claims we would be glad to see it.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
There's an exclusive group of people who have no affiliation with MR site staff who lie in wait to pounce on anyone who dare question either the site or their moderation. Not going to drop any names but the three stooges comes to mind. They will never ever disagree with a decision staff makes, whether imposing infractions, site changes, etc. even though some of them have also been penalized themselves.

Anytime someone makes a post of any kind, they respond almost immediately speaking on behalf of MR no matter what the complaint or observation may be, you will always be wrong. The level of ass kissing as they buck for a moderator position is frankly embarrassing and cringeworthy. Feel free to have a look yourself and if anyone wants to prove me wrong on these claims we would be glad to see it.

In addition, they often answer in a definitive tone as if they are mods themselves. And they personally attack people who raise legitimate concerns on the SFF.

Runs For Fun

Site Champ
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
The level of ass kissing as they buck for a moderator position is frankly embarrassing and cringeworthy.

In addition, they often answer in a definitive tone as if they are mods themselves. And they personally attack people who raise legitimate concerns on the SFF.
This is super irritating and cringe worthy indeed. You can’t bring anything up without being attacked by pseudo mods.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
Gotta love that suggesting that someone should quit the forum is just a friendly helpful suggestion, not an attack or off topic.
And I would bet good money if I reported that person, the mods wouldn’t do diddly. In fact, they monitor the SFF constantly so they’ve certainly seen that post themselves. They could have acted on that alone, and didn’t. But hey, making a joke about Weird Al’s Dare to Be Stupid will get you banned, COINCIDENTALLY 5 minutes after you have a disagreement with moderators on the SFF.

Eric

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
If I’m the target I might give “Hey, if you don’t like the posters on this forum, maybe you should find another forum?” a go…
One person mentioned a link in my signature (without even giving the site name) and the post was immediately deleted, they have fragile egos over there.

Clix Pix

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the moderating team doesn't already, long since have had its eye on that AppleRobert guy, who is clearly posting all over the place in order to raise his post count and gain -- what?? Something not evident to the rest of us as important and yet which apparently is significant and presumably means something to him? WTH difference does it make, why does a high post count on some internet discussion forum matter? And, yes, to all appearances this guy definitely is also out to get himself appointed to the moderating team and I'll bet that is absolutely never going to happen. They're probably laughing at him just as we are......

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
The other annoying thing about these mini-mods is that they derail threads that started with legitimate concerns. They get off on a tangent like “I’m being censored!” and whine about it for 20 posts or more. Or they continually misconstrue the original complaint by re-phrasing it or setting up a straw man argument they try to use to discredit it. Then the mods come in and shut down the thread because it’s become a dumpster fire.

Eric

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
Mods got their backs. Basically, if you want to get an official response and the mods aren't up for it, they'll defer to these trolls. However, I would ask these wannabes what's in it for them, they've certainly nothing received any praise publicly. They're like unsanctioned hall monitors running around acting like dicks to everyone.

Screen Shot 2021-05-02 at 3.04.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-02 at 3.05.01 PM.png

Runs For Fun

Site Champ
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Mods got their backs. Basically, if you want to get an official response and the mods aren't up for it, they'll defer to these trolls. However, I would ask these wannabes what's in it for them, they've certainly nothing received any praise publicly. They're like unsanctioned hall monitors running around acting like dicks to everyone.

Screen Shot 2021-05-02 at 3.04.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-02 at 3.05.01 PM.png
Something fishy going on there. I would almost have to wonder if they have some kind of agreement with some of these people to play hall monitor.

Eric

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
Something fishy going on there. I would almost have to wonder if they have some kind of agreement with some of these people to play hall monitor.
Well, leading up to that I7 was trolling me and I was ignoring him the entire time, I was just trying to keep the conversation going with staff but he's like a dog with a bone so I finally responded, his need to feel like part of their staff is simply baffling. Here's the entire thread for reference:

Scepticalscribe

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
Reaction score

Three?

17guy, and BasicVeryRottenAppleRobert or whatever name he goes by now, both come to mind; who is the third?

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
Oh, right.

Ah, okay.

My bespectacled eyes glaze over whenever I see a post penned by him (I assume that it is a "him"); this is not someone I can ever take seriously.
He’s the guy with Steve Dallas from Bloom County as an avatar. And if you ever read the strip, it seems like a fair advertisement of icanhazmac's personality that he chose that character as an avatar... As one site summed up the character:

A scumbag lawyer with murderers as his almost exclusive clientele, Dallas is a dedicated Republican, drinker, smoker, and womanizer.

Thanks to https://allthetropes.fandom.com/wiki/Bloom_County/Characters for the summary.

Top Bottom