MacRumors MR Site Feedback Forum non-mod Police

Anything about MacRumors

P_X

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Site Donor
Reaction score
He is narcissist and vain. He spends more time here than anyone can imagine.
A whole bunch of MR-ers start the day looking through our posts.

Taking into account the above I am not surprised at all that the stalker-mod Weaselboy is "replaced" by Myke when moderating. Small signs telling a lot.
Bingo. I wouldn't say everyday, but I'm more than certain that they binge read this. At least, 15-year-old me definitely would do that. Also just FYI this site will also be a justification for their unevenly applied moderation. Mike Flynn coming here also served the purpose of feeding his confirmation bias, just didn't really work out as expected.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
My problem is with mods editing comments. I've honestly never seen it anywhere else before and it's the worst. They change my post without my consent and that is not OK. I'd just put him on ignore. Any post that involves African Americans and many with women get locked automatically or almost immediately. I made this comment to him and he ignored it. That's why it's pointless to argue with him. His motivation is not a two-way discussion, but to troll you and get you modded. And the mods allow it because they enjoy it, because the feel wronged by our criticism. That's all.

Again, account tombstones of numerical usernames with a rational post history is a long-term testimen of how things are there.
And sometimes they edit a post and don’t seem to take any negative actions towards the person. I mean, look at this post, and imagine what it was before it got edited by a moderator:

On topic, this is of course a genius marketing move. Even those who hate him will chime in about it which just spreads word that there is something new coming. Those buds might be pumping sound into a cavernous void, but in branding, he's no dummy.

Last edited by a moderator: Today at 9:58 AM
And that poster, later in the thread was really mad about having his post edited. Seems nobody likes it. I think posts should be left up or deleted... definitely not edited. The mods edited one of my posts in a way that completely changed its meaning. I then wiped the edited version and replaced it with “mods edited this post in a way that changed my meaning, so I have deleted it.” Which is when they deleted THAT post and then suspended me for a week for supposedly insulting a junky Xiaomi phone.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
Was the phone a sentient being and registered for the forum?
Far more sentient than many on the forum. I know the post wasn’t reported by the person they CLAIM it was insulting, because there were other posts in that thread that directly insulted the guy and nobody reported them. He never even replied to me in any way. So I know it was definitely retribution for calling the mods out on SFF. That is how thin-skinned they are.

P_X

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Site Donor
Reaction score
And sometimes they edit a post and don’t seem to take any negative actions towards the person. I mean, look at this post, and imagine what it was before it got edited by a moderator:

And that poster, later in the thread was really mad about having his post edited. Seems nobody likes it. I think posts should be left up or deleted... definitely not edited. The mods edited one of my posts in a way that completely changed its meaning. I then wiped the edited version and replaced it with “mods edited this post in a way that changed my meaning, so I have deleted it.” Which is when they deleted THAT post and then suspended me for a week for supposedly insulting a junky Xiaomi phone.

I was warned as well not to comment on my comment being edited by mods. It doesn't take a genius to see how this will make people feel powerless about their forum participation. And if utilized frequently it also isn't a question that it is the goal.

Last edited:

Stephen.R

Site Champ
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
I was warned as well not to comment on my commend being edited by mods. It doesn't take a genius to see how this will make people feel powerless about their forum participation. And if utilized frequently it also isn't a question that it is the goal.
I saw that guy in the lebron thread was upset about my post... I’m surprised icanhazmac liked it though, I thought he always says the moderators are fair and know best?

Eric

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score

In all my years running message boards (with millions of posts all in all) I can honestly say I've never edited what anyone has said. I may have moved or removed it, but never actually edited outside of that user requesting a change that they can't make. IMO it's draconian and they do it so much over there that they are probably numb to it now.

Stephen.R

Site Champ
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
Besides, if it’s good enough for Ramsay Bolton it’s good enough for me, I reekon.
I don’t know who that is unless Gordon Ramsay and Michael Bolton had a matter transporter accident OR had a lot of wine together one night.

thekev

Site Champ
Reaction score
Wait. Maflynn joined this site?

What was the reaction?

I assume something along the lines of...

1622032015036.png

You know, on the few occasions I have been required to fill out a name sticker, I have been tempted to use something like

PC50_600x.jpg

If I ever attend another such function again, I will probably do it. Alternatively, I could have chosen InigoMontoya as my handle on here.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
You know, on the few occasions I have been required to fill out a name sticker, I have been tempted to use something like

PC50_600x.jpg

If I ever attend another such function again, I will probably do it.
He got mad when we didn’t ban him, so he bailed.

Top Bottom