MacRumors MR Site Feedback Forum non-mod Police

Anything about MacRumors

Alli

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
What are you the Oprah of bags of dicks?

You get a bag of dicks, and you get a bag of dicks, and you get a bag of dicks...

thekev

Site Champ
Reaction score

AutomaticApple

Site Champ
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
I found a perfect example.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
Somebody wants to be the first guest on any upcoming MR podcast:

Ulenspiegel

Vaccinated
Reaction score

ROTFLMAO.

So, what it is all about this moron.

Eric

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
On a serious note I would probably tune if Dan hosted, I think he would be a great fit for it.

AutomaticApple

Site Champ
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score

That would just be an entire hour of "MacRumors is such a welcoming and great place" praise.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
That would just be an entire hour of "MacRumors is such a welcoming and great place" praise.
I’d love to hear an interview with the mods on how they do their job.

”We have 2 lists of users: ones we like and ones that criticized us…. Those are the ones we hate. The method is quite simple actually. If somebody is on the list of people we like, they can post whatever they want. If they’re on the ’bad’ list, our job is to go through all their posts and find anything we can stretch into a supposed infraction of the rules. All we need is 3 of these and we can ban them. Also, complaining about moderation decisions is a valid reason to ban them too. After all, questioning our infalliblity is considered trolling us.”

fischersd

Vaccinated
Reaction score
NoBoMac started a new conversation with you at MacRumors Forums.

Reminder from the moderator team: Trolling or intentional provocations

fischersd,

This is a reminder from the MacRumors moderator team to avoid posts that are more likely to provoke other users and stir up anger than to contribute to a discussion, as detailed in the Forum Rules and the MacRumors Rules for Appropriate Debate.

We allow users to express almost any opinion, and we know that disagreements among forum members are routine, but we expect users to maintain an appropriate level of discourse, without trying to anger others or produce feuds or shouting matches that take threads off topic. We cannot always identify a user's intent, but we can observe reactions and a pattern of making posts that provoke others. Please keep this in mind and post in a way that promotes useful discussion.

For further information and instructions, see the Reminders section of the Moderation FAQ. Do not reply to (or report) a moderation message like this one. If you have questions, comments, or complaints about moderation, use the Contact Form.

Your cooperation is appreciated.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Your post: Apple Inks Deal for 'The Big Door Prize' From 'Schitt's Creek' Writer
Yammabot said:
Must be an Apple employee, can’t take honest criticism. Did you mention innovation? I’d really like to see some when will that be available?

fischersd said:
Your monicker suits you...seemingly a simple shell script running on one of those aging devices you have in your signature.

Because, anyone that disagrees with you simply must be on Apple's payroll, right? 🤪

What have you created lately?

They DID apparently also nuke Yammabot's post (likely with the same form letter response), though I think a certain amount of discourse should be permitted.

Last edited:

JayMysteri0

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
ROTFLMAO.

So, what it is all about this moron.
sir-put-the-weiner-down-sir-im-gonna-have-to-35976839.png

FFS, somebody get that apple a napkin-

What we need is a podcast, where I get to interview various posters on Macrumors.

"So. What would REALLY do, to become a mod @ MR? REALLY?" 🤨

smut-crate.png

fischersd

Vaccinated
Reaction score
Just no sense of humour. Heh. I'll have to check my sarcasm at the door. *sigh*

fischersd,

This is a reminder from the MacRumors moderator team to avoid posts that are more likely to provoke other users and stir up anger than to contribute to a discussion, as detailed in the Forum Rules and the MacRumors Rules for Appropriate Debate.

We allow users to express almost any opinion, and we know that disagreements among forum members are routine, but we expect users to maintain an appropriate level of discourse, without trying to anger others or produce feuds or shouting matches that take threads off topic. We cannot always identify a user's intent, but we can observe reactions and a pattern of making posts that provoke others. Please keep this in mind and post in a way that promotes useful discussion.

For further information and instructions, see the Reminders section of the Moderation FAQ. Do not reply to (or report) a moderation message like this one. If you have questions, comments, or complaints about moderation, use the Contact Form.

Your post: Upset I need to enable 2 factor Authentication to use AirTags
KOTN91 said:
That doesn’t work. Surely not everyone has multiple iOS devices. That’s not a given by any means and why should it be. And if you do, what if you don’t have those other devices on you at that exact moment? What if you are on holiday or at a festival and you lose your phone? How do you log into iCloud then and get for instance, important contacts. As for trusted numbers how ridiculous. Had nobody at Apple ever heard of a relationship breakdown?

With obvious pitfalls such as these, for minimal benefit, it’s amazing that anyone uses it and it has to be said the sheer inconvenience (or worse permanently being locked out of iCloud) is very un-Apple
Multiple Apple devices. TVOS, MacOS, iOS, iPadOS. Also, you could have an authorized browser that you can login to iCloud with.

Sorry to hear about your relationship breakdown. Was it hard? Do you need a hug?

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
Just no sense of humour. Heh. I'll have to check my sarcasm at the door. *sigh*

fischersd,

Your post: Upset I need to enable 2 factor Authentication to use AirTags
They interpret every joke as an insult. There is no place for a sense of humor at MR. I did my best to turn the “iMacs are girly” thread into a comedy mocking the chauvinists, but since none of my posts could even be stretched into a “rules violation” they shut the thread instead.

Top Bottom