Mr Trump Stiffs His Lawyer

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Have just been reading - in the Guardian - reports that Mr Trump has refused to pay - or, is refusing to pay, and has instructed his (remaining) staff not to pay - Rudy Giuliani's fees, "after falling out."

An aside: I love this vocabulary: "Falling out": It is bizarrely reminiscent of those incredibly intense friendships one had as a child, or young teen, where one was eternally "falling out" with close cousins, or "best" friends, and then, after some sort of reconciliation, "falling back in" again.

The fees (which seem to be in writing) are said to be $20,000 a day, a sum which has (reportedly) "offended" Mr Trump.

Well, Mr Trump is nothing if not entirely consistent and depressingly predictable in how he treats those who work for him, or who have worked for him in the past.

Shaft them, fire them, traduce them and stiff them.

Last edited:

samcraig

Reaction score
I mean - who could NOT see this coming?

The Washington Post said Trump is trying to stiff Giuliani, who has spent the past months traveling the country and spreading wild conspiracy theories about the November election on behalf of the president.

Citing two unnamed officials, the newspaper said Trump has not only refused to pay Giuliani’s legal fees but has told aides that all reimbursement requests for travel and other expenses need to go through him.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I mean - who could NOT see this coming?

The Washington Post said Trump is trying to stiff Giuliani, who has spent the past months traveling the country and spreading wild conspiracy theories about the November election on behalf of the president.

Citing two unnamed officials, the newspaper said Trump has not only refused to pay Giuliani’s legal fees but has told aides that all reimbursement requests for travel and other expenses need to go through him.
Giuliani is about as slimy as they come but one thing you can't question is his loyalty to Trump, he has taken so much shit from everyone as a result and this is how he is treated. Anyone who says Trump rewards loyalty now knows that's total bullshit.

U

User.45

Have just been reading - in the Guardian - reports that Mr Trump has refused to pay - or, is refusing to pay, and has instructed his (remaining) staff not to pay - Rudy Giulani's fees, "after falling out."

An aside: I love this vocabulary: "Falling out": It is bizarrely reminiscent of those incredibly intense friendships one had as a child, or young teen, where one was eternally "falling out" with close cousins, or "best" friends, and then, after some sort of reconciliation, "falling back in" again.

The fees (which seem to be in writing) are said to be $20,000 a day, a sum which has (reportedly) "offended" Mr Trump.

Well, Mr Trump is nothing if not entirely consistent and depressingly predictable in how he treats those who work for him, or who have worked for him in the past.

Shaft them, fire them, traduce them and stiff them.
Trump is like those Nigerian prince emails. You really had it coming if you fall for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zoidberg

Site Champ
Reaction score
Trump is like those Nigerian prince emails. You really had it coming if you fall for it.
Exactly!

"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.”

Carl Sagan

People tend to double down with their denial rather than being honest to themselves and accept they've been conned, that's why so many Nigerian scam victims give them so much money sometimes over years.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
This is as good as any. (y)

Perfect.

I think that it is a hilarious story, and not just as an example of karma, but also of exquisite dramatic irony; Shakespeare could hardly have scripted it.

Between throwing Mike Pence under the proverbial bus last week, and refusing to pay Rudy Giuliani this week, Mr Trump is showing that he views (and treats) his courtiers, allies and enablers with the same degree of corrosive contempt that he has always treated everyone else and everything else (including the constitution).

Last edited:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
giphy.gif

It's all I got. I was a fan of Night Court.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Of course, Rudy, as I have said before, will try to write this off as a business loss, leaving us, the taxpayers, to foot the ($1.2M) bill. SOP for Individual-ONE: make someone else pay for it. However, if Ghouluani was in fact employed as WhiteHouse counsel at the time, Joe's IRS might make it difficult for him to do that.

U

User.45

"Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.”

Carl Sagan

Spot on. It's part of the art of the con. The more ridiculous you make people feel about your con, the less likely people will report it and the more they'll try to justify it.

Like audiophiles and the $10K speaker cable vs. the coat hangers.
Wine enthusiasts and the $10 sauvignon.
Trumpists and Mexico's payment for the wall.
And so on...

Zoidberg

Site Champ
Reaction score
Spot on. It's part of the art of the con. The more ridiculous you make people feel about your con, the less likely people will report it and the more they'll try to justify it.

And so on...
Ah, wine enthusiasts... I briefly worked close to that industry, and this is all I wanted to tell them:

9q03v30nkdvz.jpg

Arkitect

Peripatetic
Reaction score
Instagram
Ah, wine enthusiasts... I briefly worked close to that industry, and this is all I wanted to tell them:

9q03v30nkdvz.jpg
My point of dimishing returns is around £18. 😁 Beyond that it is hype and marketing.

And so on...
I'd add Olive oil to that list as well. 🙂 Lovingly harvested by the slender fingers of Umbrian virgins on the second night after the harvest full moon… then hand foot pressed by a select group of grandmothers and hand bottled by the great-great-great uncle of Garibaldi… That'll be £50, grazie. *ka-ching!*

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2