Murders the police tried to ignore

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I was going to make a thread to talk about the Ahmaud Arbery trial. But then I saw this:

Once again, a white guy murders a member of a minority group and the cops don’t make an arrest until the story becomes a public embarrassment and they’re forced to over a week later.

According to the affidavit, Turner told deputies he had gotten up to use the bathroom and while crossing the living room and foyer of his home, he opened his front door and discovered Dghoughi's car with the headlights off parked in the driveway. Turner told deputies he ran back to his bedroom, got his handgun and ran back outside, at which point he said Dghoughi’s headlights turned on.

Turner told deputies the car started to rapidly go in reverse and he chased after it, the affidavit says. At the end of the driveway, while next to the driver’s side window, Turner said he hit the window twice with his gun and then shot through it. He then went back into his house and called 911.

“I just killed a guy,” Turner told a dispatcher, according to the affidavit. While the dispatcher was gathering information, Turner allegedly added that Dghoughi “started racing away and I ran after him.”

He pointed a gun at me and I shot,” Turner said, according to the affidavit.

Despite Turner’s claims, the probable cause affidavit states no guns were found inside of Dghoughi’s car.

So he clearly lied to the police, and yet they were just gonna let the whole thing slide.

Some guy is in your driveway... ok he shouldn’t be there. But when you come out of the house, the person starts to drive away. Shouldn’t that be the end of it? Why are you chasing them down and shooting them at point-blank range in the head when they’re trying to get away from you and your property?

Of course, even after finally being arrested, he was out on bond 2 hours later. I seem to recall some folks on this forum screaming about people being out on bond for misdemeanors. Where’s the outrage for alleged murderers being out on bond?

Also, this statistic from the Urban Institute:

When the shooter and victim are of different races, there are substantial differences in the likelihood a shooting is ruled to be justified. When the shooter is black and the victim is white, the shooting is ruled justified in about 1 percent of cases, and is actually slightly lower in non-SYG states. Between 2005 and 2010, there were 1,210 homicides with a black shooter and a white victim—the shooting was ruled to be justified in just 17 of them (about 1 percent).

The story is completely different when there is a white shooter and a black victim. In the same time period, there were 2,069 shootings where the shooter was white and the victim black. The homicide was ruled to be justified in 236 cases (11 percent). In SYG states, almost 17 percent of white-on-black shootings were ruled to be justified.

Still have any questions on whether Stand Your Ground laws are racist or not?

Last edited:
U

User.45

I was going to make a thread to talk about the Ahmaud Arbery trial. But then I saw this:

Once again, a white guy murders a member of a minority group and the cops don’t make an arrest until the story becomes a public embarrassment and they’re forced to over a week later.

So he clearly lied to the police, and yet they were just gonna let the whole thing slide.

Some guy is in your driveway... ok he shouldn’t be there. But when you come out of the house, the person starts to drive away. Shouldn’t that be the end of it? Why are you chasing them down and shooting them at point-blank range in the head when they’re trying to get away from you and your property?

Of course, even after finally being arrested, he was out on bond 2 hours later. I seem to recall some folks on this forum screaming about people being out on bond for misdemeanors. Where’s the outrage for alleged murderers being out on bond?

Also, this statistic from the Urban Institute:

Still have any questions on whether Stand Your Ground laws are racist or not?
Wow. Those numbers hit harder when you drop them into annual breakdowns (assuming the numbers are accurate):

~240 Whites shot dead by Blacks 3 deemed justified. 1 in 80.
~410 Blacks shot dead by Whites and 47 deemed justified. 1 in 9.

Statistically speaking, even the distribution of these numbers is something to think about.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score

Wasn't that the other forum? Why did that jackass need a firearm just because someone was on his driveway? There's no mention of cutting the lock on a gate or any breaking and entering. It just reads like it's a story about another corrupt police department.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I didn’t want to relegate discussion of the alleged murderer(s) of Ahmaud Arbery to the Rittenhouse thread… so I will put it this thread that seems more appropriate to the topic.

The defense wanted people to buy the argument that their exclusion of black people from the jury had nothing to do with race. That’s pretty hard to believe to begin with, but the latest request from the defense leaves no question about their desire to exclude black people… even from watching the trial:

“We don’t want any more Black pastors coming in here” to sit with Arbery’s family, Kevin Gough said, saying it amounted to an attempt to influence the jury.

Tell us what you really think, counselor.

Top Bottom
1 2