Nancy Pelosi refuses to rule out second impeachment of Trump to delay Supreme Court battle

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Attachments

• pelosi_no.jpg
    pelosi_no.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 104

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
IMO the people won't have an appetite for this.

Apart from impeachment, what other sanctions exist to corral, control, curb, a president who is going rogue?

What oversight do the other branches of the government have - or, are they able to exercise - over the person and position of the president?

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
IMO the people won't have an appetite for this.

I want to imagine it's more bluff, that the dems will reach for anything if 45 really wants to cross that line. She's too political to make that miscalculation, especially since 45 would just spin that into his campaign. He will ride that victim train to the end.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I want to imagine it's more bluff, that the dems will reach for anything if 45 really wants to cross that line. She's too political to make that miscalculation, especially since 45 would just spin that into his campaign. He will ride that victim train to the end.

I think the impeachment threat has to do with timing and rule changes if impeachment is initiated... that if they bring it, certain rules and procedures automatically change and to some extent constrain regular order of business. Would have to go back and look it up but it was discussed before and during Trump's impeachment.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I think the impeachment threat has to do with timing and rule changes if impeachment is initiated... that if they bring it, certain rules and procedures automatically change and to some extent constrain regular order of business. Would have to go back and look it up but it was discussed before and during Trump's impeachment.
I am sure that's based on rules the republicans USED to follow, as if they would now to get what they want.

lizkat

Reaction score
I am sure that's based on rules the republicans USED to follow, as if they would now to get what they want.

It's possible that rule changes to allow regular order to continue despite an impeachment might still require 60 votes.... i dunno. But that would not be possible for Mitch to put together.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
It's possible that rule changes to allow regular order to continue despite an impeachment might still require 60 votes.... i dunno. But that would not be possible for Mitch to put together.
I'm thinking Mitch & Co. aren't going to give a rat's rear end about rules, if it gets them that seat.

I'm betting they won't care, and just say "do something about it".

lizkat

Reaction score
I'm wondering if McConnell will be able to hang onto his leadership post even if he wins re-election to his own seat in the Senate. Some races have tightened in Senate contests since the announcement that RBG had died and Mitch immediately saying he'd bring a Trump nominee to a full Senate vote.

Act Blue is still currently racking up small dollar donations at the rate of around $30k per minute, and as of noon on Saturday had taken in more than $45 million since RBG's passing the day before.

Top Bottom
1 2