NBC to host Donald Trump opposite Joe Biden on Thursday

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Send ‘em an angry tweet or email. Make sure they know that.

BTW, unless it makes you furious to even look at it, you don’t have to cut out NBC programs completely. Just lie. If AC Nielsen calls or asks you to fill out a booklet, tell ‘em you watched ABC.

I setup an email script with a random IP spoof, and I'm sending them ~3600 an hour, about 86K a day.

They'll get the point.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Remind me never to get on your bad side!

1602794970285.png

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I setup an email script with a random IP spoof, and I'm sending them ~3600 an hour, about 86K a day.

They'll get the point.
Reminds me of an old job I had where the boss would go ballistic calling places sending spam faxes. He had an old school fax that used a fax ribbon. One morning I got to work and there was a huge stack of papers at the end of the fax that said “do not fax” on them over and over and the new print ribbon was completely used up. Needless to say he did not appreciate that.

He was such a hothead that FedEx sent us a letter cancelling our account for “using crude language and threatening employees”.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Trump gets high ratings because of train-wreck value. Period. For some sick reason this country loves train-wreck TV.

When Trump exits the white house for the last time the marine helicopters need to be grounded and instead he needs to be lifted off the property in a basket tied to the giant baby Trump parade balloon while you hear his yells of “But my ratings!” disappear into the distance. Don’t even tell him how to land it. He can get directions via Twitter.

Even if that isn’t a possibility, I think the balloon should still descend on the white house for Trump’s exit and white house snipers shooting it out of the sky would be the perfect visual for his exit.
This is how I put to my wife, I asked if she would rather watch traffic running smoothly down the freeway for an hour, or someone on crack speeding through and blasting every car in its path?

Trump will win the ratings war, I'm all but certain of that. The question is will it damage him even more, it's hard to imagine that even being possible at this point.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Well, I’m not watching either one. Since I’ve already voted for Biden, there’s little point. And Trump, I wouldn’t give the time of day.

Other people, however, have thoughts about the Donald Trump Sour Grapes Special.

More than 100 Hollywood stars and producers have signed a letter protesting NBC's decision to schedule a town hall with President Trump Thursday night, directly opposite Democratic candidate Joe Biden's town hall on ABC.
Stars including Ava DuVernay, Billy Porter, Amy Schumer, Julianne Moore and Seth Rogen – and NBC talent such as the cast of "This is Us" and "Law & Order: SVU" actress Mariska Hargitay – said they were "devastated" over the decision. The letter, sent to top NBC Universal executives and obtained by USA TODAY, was also signed by top producers including J.J. Abrams, Greg Berlanti, Damon Lindelof and Dan Fogelman, creator of "This is Us."

Good for them.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Well, I’m not watching either one. Since I’ve already voted for Biden, there’s little point. And Trump, I wouldn’t give the time of day.

Other people, however, have thoughts about the Donald Trump Sour Grapes Special.

Good for them.

They should refuse to work for the network. Comcast is an evil company anyway, and there are so many streaming services out there now, they can still work.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
He blew the white supremacy question. Again. How hard is it to condemn white supremacy in no uncertain terms? How hard is it to condemn white supremacy with the same force you condemn Antifa? Very hard, apparently. It was game over at that point - he blew the easy question again. Then he followed up by refusing to condemn QAnon. He plays stupid when it suits him.

He started off sharp for about five minutes. And he's very quick and forceful. But he's full of BS and talking so fast it makes me remember the whole "give Biden a drug test" thing. This guy is geeked up on adrenaline, desperation or coke. Or all of the above.

"The problem with Obamacare is it's not good."

Well, THANK YOU FOR EXPLAINING IT SO WELL MR. PRESIDENT!

Lol. Unreal. How do people buy what this dipstick is selling? I can't even...

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
No TV in my house, nor a bookmark to either ABC or NBC in my browsers, so... I'm depending on y'all to keep this thread updated while I prepare my supper.

Your comments are probably all that I'm going to see of any of this battle of the network ratings, unless I wander back into Twitter for clips, which why would I do that to myself. I know how I'm voting ...blue down the line... and I know how Trump likes to steamroll anything in a room with him no matter the venue or subject(s) at hand... and I've heard Biden stay on topic for longer than Trump ever does.

On to the pressing matter of supper. A prerogative of elders is self preservation lol.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I'm watching Trump only because I already know what I'm getting with Biden; clear, concise answers about policy. Rationality. Decency. A rambling madman like Trump is more entertaining. He'll brag about ratings tomorrow, but he shouldn't equate ratings to support.

He's unbelievably stupid. It never ceases to amaze me how stupid, simplistic, hyperbolic and evasive he is. "We're coming back strongly. Obamacare is not good. We want something good. He ran it bad, we run it good."

He's very confident and firm. He's not rolling over, but the problem is... he's still stupid. If I say 5+5 is 9, it doesn't matter how emphatic and confidently I say it. It's still stupid and wrong.

I guess the question is, how many dumb people will support my answer?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
HOLY SHIT.

Hahaha, trump is getting eviscerated, he hasn't said anything tangible, no numbers, no specific policy, holy hell he's dumb. Meanwhile, Joe is dropping tons of specific data, sure, he's a little stumbly in his delivery, but the CONTENT has depth, dummy is talking about having a hambeder delivered and Obama care is bad, it's not good, we'll do something good, because Obamacare is bad.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I'm watching Trump only because I already know what I'm getting with Biden; clear, concise answers about policy. Rationality. Decency. A rambling madman like Trump is more entertaining. He'll brag about ratings tomorrow, but he shouldn't equate ratings to support.

He's unbelievably stupid. It never ceases to amaze me how stupid, simplistic, hyperbolic and evasive he is. "We're coming back strongly. Obamacare is not good. We want something good. He ran it bad, we run it good."

He's very confident and firm. He's not rolling over, but the problem is... he's still stupid. If I say 5+5 is 9, it doesn't matter how emphatic and confidently I say it. It's still stupid and wrong.

I guess the question is, how many dumb people will support my answer?
Therein lies the problem, Trump will win the ratings tonight and brag about it until election day. I absolutely refuse to give him a minute of my time, I can at least control the TV.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Who is the lady behind Trump who nods her head emphatically at everything Trump says? In a red mask, white shirt and red skirt. Looks fishy.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Exactly what my mother said.
I'm watching Biden, who is listening closely to the questions, is empathetic and talking about real policies that he has a firm grasp on. All without a single bombastic outburst. It's actually quite refreshing.
I’m also watching Biden. I wish people would stop asking about court packing.

My daughter is watching Biden’s opponent so we can compare notes throughout.

I said I’d rather play defense for Biden, than offense against Trump - it’s too easy. LOL

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
My daughter just said the same thing! You know she’s a plant. (The woman, not my daughter.)

Maybe this was a deal between the campaign and NBC. A Trump supporter just asked a question (after having bedroom eyes and complimenting Trump's smile).
But she asked a good question.

This is a strange "town hall". Trump is the most geeked-up I've ever seen.

This would have been better as a debate. Biden could not have matched Trump tonight though. On substance, sure, but Trump is so amped up it wouldn't have worked.

If I got a nickel every time he used the word "strong" tonight, I'd be wealthier than him.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Maybe this was a deal between the campaign and NBC. A Trump supporter just asked a question (after having bedroom eyes and complimenting Trump's smile).

This would have been better as a debate. Biden could not have matched Trump tonight though. On substance, sure, but Trump is so amped up it wouldn't have worked.

If I got a nickel every time he used the word "strong" tonight, I'd be wealthier than him.
Sounds like it was very much a setup. I’ll never forgive Chuck Todd.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

I would completely believe that, NBC is clearly in his corner and kissing his ass in order to make this thing happen.

Top Bottom
1 2