NBC to host Donald Trump opposite Joe Biden on Thursday

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
And the internet is pissed...

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump will participate in a town hall with NBC News on Thursday night, setting up a competing television event with Joe Biden in lieu of a presidential debate in which voters would have seen both presidential candidates engage with each other and discuss issues head-to-head.

Biden is set to appear in an ABC town hall, and both events are scheduled for 8 p.m. ET. The two were originally scheduled to participate in a second debate, but the event was eventually canceled after Trump objected to the virtual format announced by the Commission on Presidential Debates in light of Trump's positive coronavirus diagnosis.

"The event is set to take place outdoors and in accordance with the guidelines set forth by health officials, also consistent with all government regulations," Hoda Kotb said on NBC's "Today" show Wednesday.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
It's bullshit, ABC should move the Biden even forward or back an hour.
Realistically I don't think it's B.S, but business. Stations live for this time, for ratings. I'm sure NBC is overjoyed they got it over Fox.

I do agree though, since they aren't debating, times should be staggered. Otherwise it's just singing to the choir from each side.

NOW what would be interesting is if NBC grows the sack to fact check real time while 45 babbles.
45podium.png

Last edited:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Realistically I don't think it's B.S, but business. Stations live for this time, for ratings. I'm sure NBC is overjoyed they got it over Fox.

I do agree though, since they aren't debating, times should be staggered. Otherwise it's just singing to the choir from each side.

NOW what would be interesting is if NBC grows the sack to fact check real time while 45 babbles.

Oh, it's both Business __and__ Bullshit, there's a significant overlap in the two (as someone who's has engaged in/shoveled plenty of both :D)

It's clearly a solid tactical coup for NBC, but it's senseless bullshit for the reasons you pointed out.

Wow, yeah, a RT fact check would be amazing.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
My guess, Trump wins in ratings and spends every single day up until the election flaunting it. I'm with DT, push the time and don't give them the satisfaction. NBC is essentially throwing Trump a lifeline here.

Heck, I know plenty of liberals who watch trump content just for the entertainment value. I wouldn't be surprised if there's not way more left leaning folks watching trump than vice-versa.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Frankly the critics are right in saying this is just Trump cheating again. He chickens out on the debate with Biden—his own choice—and NBC rewards him with a time slot directly opposite Biden’s. The more I think about it, the madder it makes me.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Heck, I know plenty of liberals who watch trump content just for the entertainment value. I wouldn't be surprised if there's not way more left leaning folks watching trump than vice-versa.
It's all fun and entertainment until he gets to become the leader of the free world and fucks everyone six ways from Sunday.

Last edited:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
It's all fun and entertainment until he gets to become the leader of the free world and fuck everyone six ways from Sunday.

Oh, I mean, "entertainment" in the most face-in-palm sort of way, I'm talking people who are already committed to Biden/Harris, and they're just getting ammunition (so to speak) against trump.

i.e., ratings != support

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It takes a lot for me to boycott something, even in today's world of cancel culture. But this is a deal breaker and I've made a decision to cut NBC and MSNBC out of my channel lineup completely, fortunately they don't have any shows I'll really miss outside of MPT, both daily and weekly are now scrubbed from my DVR.

BTW this was a Chuck Todd decision from the sounds of it, they're basically selling out everything they've ever stood for so that can have a great ratings night.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1316532873596473345/

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
It takes a lot for me to boycott something, even in today's world of cancel culture. But this is a deal breaker and I've made a decision to cut NBC and MSNBC out of my channel lineup completely, fortunately they don't have any shows I'll really miss outside of MPT, both daily and weekly are now scrubbed from my DVR.

BTW this was a Chuck Todd decision from the sounds of it, they're basically selling out everything they've ever stood for so that can have a great ratings night.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1316532873596473345/

Yeah, I've posted several places that we will NOT be doing a paid subscription to Peacock after our trial expires in a week or so.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Can’t stand Chuck Todd. I have friends who blame him completely for Trump winning in 16, because of all the free air time he gave him. I understand that Chuck is a Republican, but he’s awfully damn close to being a Trumpublican, which is inexcusable.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Yeah, I've posted several places that we will NOT be doing a paid subscription to Peacock after our trial expires in a week or so.
Send ‘em an angry tweet or email. Make sure they know that.

BTW, unless it makes you furious to even look at it, you don’t have to cut out NBC programs completely. Just lie. If AC Nielsen calls or asks you to fill out a booklet, tell ‘em you watched ABC.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Send ‘em an angry tweet or email. Make sure they know that.

BTW, unless it makes you furious to even look at it, you don’t have to cut out NBC programs completely. Just lie. If AC Nielsen calls or asks you to fill out a booklet, tell ‘em you watched ABC.
It's a matter of principle to me and not a decision I take lightly, but once I make it, it's usually final. The channels are removed from my lineup and all recordings have been stopped. They may thrive from this thing or they may take a it, I don't now but either way they've lost me completely as a viewer.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Can’t stand Chuck Todd. I have friends who blame him completely for Trump winning in 16, because of all the free air time he gave him. I understand that Chuck is a Republican, but he’s awfully damn close to being a Trumpublican, which is inexcusable.
I can't stand him either. He's not a competent questioner for the most part. If he prepares specific questions ahead of time AND gets predictable responses, he is fine. If not... he flails about as if he can't swim and has been thrown into the deep end of the pool.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Trump gets high ratings because of train-wreck value. Period. For some sick reason this country loves train-wreck TV.

When Trump exits the white house for the last time the marine helicopters need to be grounded and instead he needs to be lifted off the property in a basket tied to the giant baby Trump parade balloon while you hear his yells of “But my ratings!” disappear into the distance. Don’t even tell him how to land it. He can get directions via Twitter.

Even if that isn’t a possibility, I think the balloon should still descend on the white house for Trump’s exit and white house snipers shooting it out of the sky would be the perfect visual for his exit.

Top Bottom
1 2