NBC: Twitter has just LOCKED Trump’s account

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
...for repeated violations. ❤️ 😃

It’s for 12 hours, but let’s hope it goes longer
I posted this elsewhere a minute ago, but this seems an equally relevant thread.

As you have reported, Twitter locked his (Mr Trump's) account - for twelve hours - tonight.

This is unprecedented, but - I suspect - it is also a preemptive strike, as Twitter (and FB, and other social media platforms) will (inevitably) face questions (and eventual demands for oversight and regulation) from the EU over - not only issues of taxation - but also on issues of refusal to take responsibility for some of the extraordiarily inflammatory material they have allowed to be hosted on their platforms, stuff that has served to underime democracy.

The EU moves slowly, but - eventually - very effectively.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
This is quite interesting to me. If Trump gives a speech, presumably the networks will show it.. but they could refuse to air incitement of war, or block that part of the speech. I wonder if Fox and Friends will give him a platform tomorrow morning since he cannot send messages to his minions anymore.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
This is quite interesting to me. If Trump gives a speech, presumably the networks will show it.. but they could refuse to air incitement of war, or block that part of the speech. I wonder if Fox and Friends will give him a platform tomorrow morning since he cannot send messages to his minions anymore.

Well they're gonna have to say something on Fox, aren't they? I'd think corporate would be writing the script and it won't be to advocate for violent overthrow of a sitting or incoming government.

In fact I'm wondering if it wasn't WH counsel that phoned up Twitter to get Trump's account locked. The guy is in meltdown mode talking about landslides stolen and "knowing how you feel" -- too close to inciting a coup for legal comfort this close to Congress formalizing Biden-Harris win.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
If they don't, I'm sure Newsmax or OAN will.

Top Bottom
1 2